Saturday, the manager and the season ahead

RFC55

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Tenerife Bear said:

Where? There's absolutely no pressure on the board at all for now appointing 3 duds in a row. None. 

Everyone wants to kick Pedro as if he appointed himself. 

Yes mate .The board have fucked up in many ways and the untouchables will continue to fuck up until they are gone 

3 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Tommy Wright or McInnes, has to be a 'safe bet'. Enough of this experimental nonsense.

Maybe Michael O`Neill could be another potential candidate but no idea if he`d manage us, agreed though we can`t afford to take another risk and really just want an experienced British manager who can organize a defence, make us solid and then build from there. How we played in the friendlies is kind of what I`d like to see week in week out yet Pedro has only been able to re-create that in small glimpses.

Just now, K.A.I said:

In what way? that they don't want a shite manager in charge of their team and success and results matter to them? I'd say that's the opposite of a fenian.

and since you brought it up, they chopped and changed managers until they got one that won them a major trophy after a long period and then got the team running us close towards the end of 9 in a row. Surely that's justification to get a new guy in? 

Stop acting like a fucking wee girl. Were you never taught patience as a child, or are you one of these new age morons that only want their favourite thing and want it now. 

Our club had a proud record with our managers, we've stood by them all throughout our history. During the 90's we used to slate the tags for their manager policy. We're now worse than that, with daft wee girls like you screaming every time there's a bump. 

Where's our managers support? How could you be expected to do a job when everyone you're doing the job for is running about like pubescent teenagers crying that you're not good enough. All because you can't handle seeing that lot win just now. 

The man needs out support and the club need our support. We're not doing ourselves any favours by putting him down. As I said he's got 2 1/2 years left on his contract, so he's going nowhere, no matter how much you cry about it. 

1 minute ago, VentyFour said:

Stop acting like a fucking wee girl. Were you never taught patience as a child, or are you one of these new age morons that only want their favourite thing and want it now. 

Our club had a proud record with our managers, we've stood by them all throughout our history. During the 90's we used to slate the tags for their manager policy. We're now worse than that, with daft wee girls like you screaming every time there's a bump. 

Where's our managers support? How could you be expected to do a job when everyone you're doing the job for is running about like pubescent teenagers crying that you're not good enough. All because you can't handle seeing that lot win just now. 

The man needs out support and the club need our support. We're not doing ourselves any favours by putting him down. As I said he's got 2 1/2 years left on his contract, so he's going nowhere, no matter how much you cry about it. 

This kind of attitude is infuriating, saying we don't sack managers so lets keep a dud in a job for the sake of it?

On 17/09/2017 at 18:17, saltire266 said:

Your having a laugh mate , backed with about 5 million to go neck and neck with a multi million dollar outfit??? We as fans keep pumping money in each year and the board  spend half of it if we are lucky on players. Should have spent 10 on transfers and another 10 in January to get closer to the scum.

Just now, VentyFour said:

1- I'm not acting like a wee girl. I am debating, you are the one calling people fenians from the offset.
2- New age morons, more insults - is that all you can muster up when someone responds to you? If I was a new age moron who wanted success right away or nothing I'd have chucked it shortly after Walter Smith left.
3- I never slated the taigs for their manager policy in the 90's - they done the right thing getting rid of shite managers until they found a competent one. I don't see why anyone would have an issue with that if they want success at their club.
4- Daft wee girls - more insults that's 3 or 4 of them rapid instead of actually debating my points which are perfectly valid.
5- I refuse to support someone who is absolutely useless as it makes a fool of me and our club. I support change and I support getting the right manager in. I make no apologies for refusing to get behind someone who is useless to the detrement of our club.
6- Pubescent teenagers crrying and can't handle things - more insults and still not debating my points.

I've met people like you before ... you never see the bigger picture and can't see beyond misguided loyalty and think that trumps everything at our club and what being a Ranger is about - even above success which is kinda ironic you are calling people fenians, because the people who care least about our success are indeed fenians. 

Are you sure you aren't one yourself trolling the Rangers forums in support of Pedro? that's something they do. 

Since we are being offensive and making accusations.

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I think he's a taig mate.

Warburton left with 3year on his contract....

A  taig or a simpleton

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Only one id want is big eck, mccinnes and wright havent had a job like this ever, we can't take a chance that they arse it up

I love him but he'd be 3rd choice for me out of the 3 of them for me.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

McLeish or Smith hadn't had a job like this ever either and they did ok.

Aye but both couldnt really lose when they got us, smith was given more money than the rest of the league combined and eck walked into a treble winning squad that just needed man managed

Wright and mccinnes might do okay after say a year or two, we cant wait that long

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Aye but both couldnt really lose when they got us, smith was given more money than the rest of the league combined and eck walked into a treble winning squad that just needed man managed

Wright and mccinnes might do okay after say a year or two, we cant wait that long

If you gave McInnes say 5-million to spend, I think he'd do a good job tbh. I don't get the distain for him on here from some. 

13 minutes ago, The Monk said:

Maybe Michael O`Neill could be another potential candidate but no idea if he`d manage us, agreed though we can`t afford to take another risk and really just want an experienced British manager who can organize a defence, make us solid and then build from there. How we played in the friendlies is kind of what I`d like to see week in week out yet Pedro has only been able to re-create that in small glimpses.

He'd be my shout if it came to it.

Gets the collective group performing better than the individual abilities.

Gets results.

Works with internationals so should have no issues with the level of player needed here.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

He'd be my shout if it came to it.

Gets the collective group performing better than the individual abilities.

Gets results.

Works with internationals so should have no issues with the level of player needed here.

Excluding one or two quality players I honestly think that Northern Ireland team is poor and nothing short of a miracle he`s about to qualify them for consecutive international tournaments. We need a manager like him who can get the best out of players that are fairly limited.

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If we get beat this place will implode and Pedro will be burnt in effigy on Edmiston Drive. 

Oh and don't forget the white vans and rat masks, they must be due a good airing. 

Hypothetical question, but if we did end up on the receiving end of a pasting again this weekend (and I'm talking a 4/5/6 goal margin), would you still be in favour of retaining Pedro? 

Said on another thread I don't think they'll hammer us this weekend, for what it's worth, but for the pro Pedro fans it's interesting to see what position they'd take if we get thrashed 

McLeish, McInnes or Michael O'Neill.

Desperate times call for desperate measures and after the puddle drinkers pump us again on Saturday, those times will well and truly have fallen upon us... again.

I'm in my mid-thirties and I find myself lying awake at night, thinking "I hope I see Rangers winning the league before I die".

Just now, KWBear said:

Hypothetical question, but if we did end up on the receiving end of a pasting again this weekend (and I'm talking a 4/5/6 goal margin), would you still be in favour of retaining Pedro? 

Said on another thread I don't think they'll hammer us this weekend, for what it's worth, but for the pro Pedro fans it's interesting to see what position they'd take if we get thrashed 

Said it from the start he gets the season. 

Hypothetical question, if we get shot of Pedro tomorrow and we are no better under the next manger by Christmas do we get shot of him as well and if no better under the next by Easter do we get shot of him as well. 

When do you say enough is enough we have to give one of these guys a longer spell. 

2 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

McLeish, McInnes or Michael O'Neill.

Desperate times call for desperate measures and after the puddle drinkers pump us again on Saturday, those times will well and truly have fallen upon us... again.

I'm in my mid-thirties and I find myself lying awake at night, thinking "I hope I see Rangers winning the league before I die".

That 3 would give any fan the fear. 

7 minutes ago, KWBear said:

What would the point in sacking him be if he was being replaced by someone else with something to prove; just like what was the point of wanting Warburton out for Caixinha; surely if you do something like sacking a manager it's because you have someone better in mind? Right now our problems are not only due to the manager, and compared to the names mentioned on this thread, who could guarantee they would do a better job; I see the potential for each of them to do an even worse job, am I wrong?

15 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Said it from the start he gets the season. 

Hypothetical question, if we get shot of Pedro tomorrow and we are no better under the next manger by Christmas do we get shot of him as well and if no better under the next by Easter do we get shot of him as well. 

When do you say enough is enough we have to give one of these guys a longer spell. 

He gets the season no matter what?