Are celtic really that good?

Unfortunately, the gap between the teams that was bearly perceptible at the 2016 Scottish Cup Semi Final is now a yawning chasm and becoming wider all the time.

This was (in theory) their hardest domestic match of the season yet they won at a canter and hardly broke sweat.

They are as far ahead of us as PSG are of them - that is the scale of the challenge that Dave King had better start facing up to.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main difference between the two teams today was that they look organised, their players knew their job and how they fit into the manager's plan whilst some of our players looked as if they had just wandered in off the street and thrown a jersey,Pena in particular just looked bewildered at times.

As far as how good they are well they're the best of a bad lot in Scotland but miles ahead of a bad lot including our bad lot.

2 minutes ago, City_of_Blue said:

Just a curious question, do you have an ideal manager in mind if Pedro definitely isn't the answer?

I think we can rule Walter out. 

Do we go for McLeish? 

Who can genuinely get us back to the top if given a big transfer budget?

I honestly think McInnes or McLeish are the only ones we should be thinking about. 

1 hour ago, MacBoyd said:

You cannot deny their record. They are arguably the best side since advocaats. Why hide from It? That the challenge we must win our games and see where we are at xmas

Scottish football might not have been great during the Advocaat era but it's a lot worse now in fact this is the weakest league football in Scotland has ever been.

They have overseen the weakening of every team in the league for their own benefit over the last 6 years and unfortunately the rest the of Scottish football fans are too busy foaming at the mouth about Rangers to care.

Reducing prize money for clubs from 2nd to 5th was the start. Then lapdogs like Aberdeen jump into bed with them on voting rights issue.

Also the scrapping of the SFL and replacing it with SPFL which is basically just celtics lapdogs from the SPL under another name.

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

We will not challenge them with McInnes in charge. McLeish knows what winning is about up here, but I wouldnt want to keep looking back.

Sometimes we need to take a step back to go two steps forward.

We lost something back in 2012, we need it back. 

4 minutes ago, Alves70 said:

Scottish football might not have been great during the Advocaat era but it's a lot worse now in fact this is the weakest league football in Scotland has ever been.

They have engendered the weakening of every team in the league for their own benefit over the last 6 years and unfortunately the rest the of Scottish football fans are too busy foaming at the mouth about Rangers to care.

Reducing prize money for clubs from 2nd to 5th was the start. Then lapdogs like Aberdeen jump into bed with them on voting rights issue.

Also the scrapping of the SFL and replacing it with SPFL which is basically just celtics lapdogs from the SPL under another name.

Spot on there. 

Just now, A.T.G said:

Sometimes we need to take a step back to go two steps forward.

We lost something back in 2012, we need it back. 

If the choice came down to either McInnes or McLeish I would take big eck every single time. McInnes had a free run at them while we were down the divisions and won the sum total of nothing. 

They were dangerous down the right with Roberts, but we again were masters of our own downfall. Their 1st goal was a fucking joke on our part, and the second goal was the young lad switching of for a split second. If we could concentrate for the 90 mins we come away with at least a point today. We are bad more than they are good if you get me. 

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

If the choice came down to either McInnes or McLeish I would take big eck every single time. McInnes had a free run at them while we were down the divisions and won the sum total of nothing. 

Perhaps he was missing that little bit of quality that our budget could offer him. I'd take McLeish too

Just now, A.T.G said:

Perhaps he was missing that little bit of quality that our budget could offer him. I'd take McLeish too

Ive never been a fan of McInnes as a manager. Tommy wright has won more with st johnstone (wouldn't take him either). I guess the reality we are facing is that there aren't any Rangers quality managers out there that would win us the title. Big eck knows what its about

Apart from one or two players they're fucking mince. However, what I would say is Rodgers is a very good coach and the fact he has such diddies sweeping everyone aside is credit to him. Remember this is largely the same team that were awful under Ronny Deila not so long ago. 

For me, it all comes down to finances. Would lewis hamilton go to a team that have a shite car that cant compete? No would he fuck, its the same with this scenario. Any quality, big name manager wont risk his reputation unless he is heavily backed in order to put these cunts too the sword. 

Our current arrangement will only allow for risks like pedro or mediocre SPFL managers like McInnes. 

Just now, Brackley Bluenose said:

Apart from one or two players they're fucking mince. However, what I would say is Rodgers is a very good coach and the fact he has such diddies sweeping everyone aside is credit to him. Remember this is largely the same team that were awful under Ronny Deila not so long ago. 

Hence why we need a good manager. Pedro can't beat Hearts, Hibs, Beast or Partick so there is nothing that makes me think we will beat St Johnstone or Aberdeen. I genuinely believe we are headed for a bottom 6 finish

29 minutes ago, Alves70 said:

They have overseen the weakening of every team in the league for their own benefit over the last 6 years and unfortunately the rest the of Scottish football fans are too busy foaming at the mouth about Rangers to care.

Said pretty much this the other week, they cunts have played a blinder here by shafting us down and in turn weakening the rest of Scottish football.

Dirty fenian rat tactics.

1 hour ago, TheStLouisBlue said:

No - they're like a team of 2nd/3rd year High school kids playing Primary 6/7 kids week in week out. But when they come up against the 4th/5th years or 5th/6th years they struggle

What rapey post that is, comparing football qualities with adolescent maturity.

Beasty bastard.