Are celtic really that good?

I do not think the taigs are that good at all, but they are fucking lording it over us right now, (In a manner they threatened to do under O.Neill, but never managed), because they have vast CL amounts of cash, got shot of a shite manager for a very good one, and now have an inbuilt confidence we have not had for many years.

BUT THE CUNTS HAD TO TRY TO KILL US TO GET THERE.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, TheStLouisBlue said:

The point I'm trying to make numbnuts is that they are unfortunately bigger, better and stronger than the rest of the SPL and completely out if their depth in Europe when they come up against bigger , better and stronger players than they are - ie they look good playing small teams but they look don't look too clever playing the big boys.

Keep digging ya bheasty bastard

14 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

People can try to comfort themselves by saying the taigs are pish but they're a shit ton better than us

This attitude of "they're pish and things will just magically work out" will get us nowhere

They're not world beaters and will get embarrassed in Europe but so would we, at least they get there and get their cash which is all that matters, id take getting humped in the CL group stages with its millions than getting knocked out like we did any day of the week.

They are by far the best team in Scotland and I'm not even sure of we're the second best

Saying they are pish doesn't give me any comfort

They certainly aren't pish and without naming names, we know as to who their top players are, but sadly these days we couldn't afford their wages far less a transfer fee for one of them.

As for Europe, very few can live with the top teams, such is the gap in finances, so their embarassment isn't exactly all that, as they and many other cannot be expected to challenge the now financially gifted cream of Europe.

As for us, we just do a good job of embarassing ourselves domestically both on and off the park. Better we just forget Europe for a while, as we are in no position to break the mould of successive Scottish teams in getting pumped of the Europa qualifying stages, far less having a go at the CL qualifiers.

We give it large in one breath about just how shite we are, then in another start having fantasies about Europe. I am left wondering when we will all actually snap out of our psychosis. 

They are good enough for Scotland. Nothing else. In reality, Scottish football is only good enough for Scotland. And when the authorities trip over themselves to help give the taigs an easy ride, then nothing is going to improve for our game. Or other teams. 

On 23 September 2017 at 17:50, MacBoyd said:

You cannot deny their record. They are arguably the best side since advocaats. Why hide from It? That the challenge we must win our games and see where we are at xmas

How many of the green galacticos would get into Advocaats side,none they're nowhere near that level ffs

On 23/09/2017 at 17:50, MacBoyd said:

You cannot deny their record. They are arguably the best side since advocaats. Why hide from It? That the challenge we must win our games and see where we are at xmas

Lotta pish, oneills tarrier team would have fucking humped them, 

The big difference between the two teams on Saturday was the final pass and the thought process of the players. The pass for their snd goal was quality, a through ball in between the two central defenders. We had chances to do the same but we're too slow to react or ether under or over hit the pass. Undoubtedly they do have some players who are a bit better than ours but that can be rectified. I would have loved to see us put them under more pressure at the back because I actually don't rate the back three at all but the thing we can do next time is take Brown out of the game. 

It's not important how good or not so good Sellick are. Whats clear is that they are far superior to any other club in this country. That's undeniable. How many of you on here genuinely thought we would win on Saturday. How many would have taken a draw on Saturday? That's where we are right now. We are not even the best of the rest right now - that's why there is such a gap and that they look so good.

The mission is clear - theyve set the standard - lets welcome the chase - it will make better and stronger because of it. 

I honestly believe they aren't as good as the reputation they have suggests, but teams face them believing they're going to lose, even we had that look about us, and then they lose handing these bastards yet another easy three points.

Unfortunately when a team plays these mhanky fuckers they're also facing incompetent or outright bias match officials who won't punish them or be consistent in the awarding of fouls. 

Are they good in Scottish football, yes.

Are they a great team, NO!

3 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

In Scottish football yes.

Absolutely miles ahead of anyone.

Team that can bring Dembele off the bench when already 2-0 up and cruising then not many can compete with that.

I'd take any of their subs yesterday, everyone capable of doing damage, sad sad days.

4 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

In Scottish football yes.

Absolutely miles ahead of anyone.

Team that can bring Dembele off the bench when already 2-0 up and cruising then not many can compete with that.

Dembele is pish.

We missed a golden opportunity on Saturday to show that bunch a shite up for what they are n fucking bottled it.

The state of our affairs on field are our own doing for being mediocre, rather than them being good. 

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I'd take any of their subs yesterday, everyone capable of doing damage, sad sad days.

Exactly. 

Hayes, Mcgregor, Dembele all considerably better than anything we've got. 

Don't like Forrest for Scotland but he'd get a game in our squad. 

Just now, born a blue nose said:

Dembele is pish.

We missed a golden opportunity on Saturday to show that bunch a shite up for what they are n fucking bottled it.

The state of our affairs on field are our own doing for being mediocre, rather than them being good. 

Wish we had a player that pish. 

5 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Actually can't stand the deluded cunts on here who repeatedly say they are average/nothing special. What the fuck have you been watching the last 2 years.

Scraping by with about 8 home 1-0s last year 

Aye fucking globe trotters ya daft cunt. I

It hurts saying it but they are so far in front of us managerial wise and player wise that we will struggle for a good few years to close the gap and challenge for the league.

It feels that we are just like ever other shit team,here just to make the numbers up whilst they scud everybody week in week out.I have absolutely no confidence that we will take any points of them this season.

Either we plod along with it for years or something drastic needs too happen off the field with finances,we all pump our money in and the board seem happy to go along with this "plan" they have but this is flawed imo because at the rate of improvement we are making most will or are getting tired of waiting and the board will need to step up with serious money and a serious manager or we will stagnate for years to come.

They're a very good side for SPFL level. I'd argue that they'd have won the league most years in the last decade, not because they are the best side but because they have a ruthless streak that we're lacking. 

We drop points constantly because we don't take our chances when we're 1-0 up, I saw a stat for last year which showed that we dropped more points from winning positions than they did all season. If you go and win 30 games a season, you win the league every year in the last decade bar last. Last season we won 19, they won 34. So even then it might not be enough, but that's where the bar has been set. 

We as a club, need to go and beat everyone else in the SPFL consistently before we can mount a challenge. You don't win the league by beating them, you win it by beating the rest and putting yourself in a position where those games count. We're not doing that at present, so the Old Firm result is a bit null and avoid asides from a pride aspect.