Rangers Picture Thread

On 18/12/2018 at 22:08, tannerall said:

I'm guessing this would be sixties or seventies. 

gn284.png

Can't believe how badly I got that wrong. 

Was concentrating on the turnstyle and what I think are the old toilets whih are bright white. 

Those two were much the same till the late seventies, in fact the bogs were primitive basically just a big section of pipe, and they certainly weren't freshly painted by then, 

Other posters correct, of course there'sno roof on the terrace, did not notice, and not sure the railway and sidings were kept looked after either. 

What really fooled was those wonderful sandstone buildings, absolutely solid and when built were beautiful inside with immaculate well looked after "closes" and beautiful stairs and windows. 

I lived in one of the red sandstone ones in the late 70s on the PRW at Skene Road, and could actually see Ibrox from the window (cellic end unfortunately), they really were stunning solid buildings, well looked after after with beautiful closes, stairs with polished bannisters, some glass stained windows, beautiful big rooms with corniced ceilings. 

Nearly cried when I seen what has happened to them now, over run by immigrant families living in squalor, cut price polish shops and tacky off licenses and kebab shops in what was once a thriving wee community with decent baker's , haberdashery and fish and chip shop. 

16 minutes ago, ZZed said:

Rangers 1888

rfc1888.thumb.jpg.301dc479f8125f70e67efae8edb9d210.jpg

. A photograph taken at the Bught Lodge, 1888, when the Glasgow Rangers football team came to Inverness.

I posted it a while back, sure I added a couple of old newspaper clippings on it too. 

Edit just checked can't see newspaper clippings must have posted them elsewhere