jackrfc95

Rangers striker Kenny Miller back in the fold at Ibrox

From BBC

Manager Pedro Caixinha insists striker Kenny Miller responded "with full respect" after being left out of the Rangers squad for the game at Hamilton before the international break.

"He's a senior player, he understands things," said the Portuguese at Wednesday's media conference.

"We spoke. Sometimes it's important for you to justify the decisions.

"Other times I don't have to justify anything. But we clarified everything and he's one of ours."

Miller, 37, signed a one-year contract extension at Ibrox towards the end of last season.

He was dropped for the game against the Accies on 29 September after a fall-out with Caixinha following the 2-0 defeat by celtic.

He will have to wait to see if he is in the squad for Friday's Premiership match against St Johnstone in Perth, although he has a minor fitness concern too.

Caixinha said: "Kenny is one of our players from the squad like all the others. All of them have the same respect and behaviour from our side.

"But I'm the manager. I decide the players who will start the game, I decide the players that are going to be in the squad, and I also decide the players who will be out of the squad.

"Kenny is definitely one of ours and, like all the others, it depends on my decision.

"We still have training tomorrow. To be honest, he felt something today in training. I don't think it's going to be anything major.

"Tomorrow we will have the squad and we will see if he's on the list or not. We have more options now and Kenny is one of ours. It's my decision if he will be on the list or not."

Meanwhile, experienced Portugal centre-half Bruno Alves returns from international duty on Wednesday and will train with his Rangers team-mates on Thursday.

It's a good thing it's all settled down for everyone involved but he needs to be an impact sub going forward.

Pedro’s feart that Kenny will get his pal to stab him if he doesn’t start picking him again.

Morelos seems to benefit more when miller is in the side but imo he should be a sub going forward.

No problem with that if he is being used sparingly over the season, we can't go back to having a soon to be 38 year old starting every game.

2 hours ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Morelos seems to benefit more when miller is in the side but imo he should be a sub going forward.

Miller beside him or not, he should have scored that chance against Hamilton.

7 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Miller beside him or not, he should have scored that chance against Hamilton.

Think he's allowed to miss one every now and again. He's got the highest shot conversion rate in the league (of strikers). 

Good for me, don't think he should be starting games currently but the vitriol we saw from some for Miller was way over the top as per usual

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Fucking boooo. 

Really not convinced all is well with they 2 and would not be surprised if he’s not playing much under Pedro anymore. 

Glad this has been resolved, but I still think Kenny should only be used as sub when we are trying to get a goal late in a game.

3 hours ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Morelos benefits when he has a strike partner, he just hasn't had one since miller was dropped. I'd rather Hardie or Herrera were the partner for him over seeing the ball bounce off Millers shins 50 times a game.

The right thing to do managerial wise. 

He did wrong. He's been punished. Now help the team. 

Miller has started the majority of games and has 1 or 2 goals. 

Rat or not, his football this season doesn’t merit a start. Pena’s done more in a couple of hour long spells than Miller has. 

And for all he’s praised for last year, he only scored 11 (I think) league goals. Not good enough if we want to challenge. 

The fact remains that our team is still weak enough that we have to even consider starting an out of form 37 year old every week. That worries me far more than anything else. 

9 minutes ago, BluebearDory said:

The fact remains that our team is still weak enough that we have to even consider starting an out of form 37 year old every week. That worries me far more than anything else. 

That sums it up well, if rather depressingly.