Ryan Jack

j1mgg

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Noticed that myself.

Just after they scored, he let somebody genuinely just run by him :lol:, was raging.

I'll need to sleep and clear the frustration out my mind. Hopefully by tomorrow we will have some good news about the manager.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Marky. said:

I hope for a new manager to come in and see our strengths and create a formation on that basis.

TBH I've been wanting to see us go 3 at the back for ages. McCrorie, Cardoso, Wilson and Alves as a three would not be a bad idea with Tav/Candeias, John/Wallace as your width. Allows for Jack, Dorrans, Holt, Peña (dare I say it) etc to fight it out for a midfield 3 with Morelos/Herrera/Miller fighting for the two forward roles, if not even playing Kranjcar/Dorrans behind them.

Just an idea, but perhaps formation isn't the real issue here.

What we have is not working so mybe a new set of eyes would change it up ot I should say has to change it up.

Before I go, I know I have just been throwing my opinion randomly here and there in various threads, but one thing I need to mention is how happy I am for Jason Holt.

He was pretty harshly dropped against Motherwell, and isn't exactly a game-changer of a player, I know, but he has done his bit and quietly gone about his business waiting for his chance. Was really happy for him getting a goal. Don't think he has scored since St Mirren away, the last day of the Championship season. You could see how much it meant to him and that was great to see.

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I liked Broadfoot, I don’t anymore.

He's a fucking cheat. He’s feigning an injury from an imaginary headbutt. 

We’ll appeal it and it will be withdrawn.

Taking a page from that cunt Lafferty's book when he did the same v. the Dons. I fucking hate seeing anyone connected with this club stooping to that sort of shite.

16 minutes ago, Marky. said:

I hope for a new manager to come in and see our strengths and create a formation on that basis.

TBH I've been wanting to see us go 3 at the back for ages. McCrorie, Cardoso, Wilson and Alves as a three would not be a bad idea with Tav/Candeias, John/Wallace as your width. Allows for Jack, Dorrans, Holt, Peña (dare I say it) etc to fight it out for a midfield 3 with Morelos/Herrera/Miller fighting for the two forward roles, if not even playing Kranjcar/Dorrans behind them.

I think we have the players to play it but it is a very difficult formation to coach and takes a lot of organisational work on the training field to make it work.

10 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Before I go, I know I have just been throwing my opinion randomly here and there in various threads, but one thing I need to mention is how happy I am for Jason Holt.

He was pretty harshly dropped against Motherwell, and isn't exactly a game-changer of a player, I know, but he has done his bit and quietly gone about his business waiting for his chance. Was really happy for him getting a goal. Don't think he has scored since St Mirren away, the last day of the Championship season. You could see how much it meant to him and that was great to see.

He has come in and done a job every time he has been called upon this season. I was really pleased for him when he got the goal today.

45 minutes ago, Marky. said:

I love Wee Holt. The hero we need but don't deserve 

I have seen another angle and i still think jack is a muppet for even giving the ref the opportunity to send him off, but i think it should be recinded. He lifts his leg up rather than kick out. Still a silly boy but a yellow card for each would have been suffice in my opinion.

5 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He has come in and done a job every time he has been called upon this season. I was really pleased for him when he got the goal today.

Holt will be the first name on the team sheet on Saturday.

I have made numerous posts on the midfield needing a battler with energy.

Not saying he is in the class of Alex MacDonald or Stuart McCall but he is the best we have available at the moment.

7 hours ago, Marky. said:

Totally agree with this. I've been saying it since Warburton was here and it's mainly due to our full backs who would be better off used as wing backs. We don't have two centre halfs that are good enough to play with each other so why not add another body in there and give tav/john/wallace the freedom to go up the park without worrying about defending too much.

It might not be the biggest issue but it shows an unwillingness to try different tactics from Pedro as it did Warburton.

Watched the sending off on sky a few times now, Broadfoots left foot stands on Jacks right  toes, Jack pushes broadfoat off him and gets send off.

Its a natural reaction if some cunt stands on your toes and was a yellow at best and never a red. I hope the board appeal this crazy decision and call the SFA and the spfl out on our treatment on the park.

Point to Jacks record at Aberdeen and how many games he has played form Ramgers with 3 sending offs already, ask is Jack now a dirty player 6 months on since he signed for us or are the officials biased as the stats would show.

Disgraceful decision yet again and the club must appeal while sacking the manager

11 hours ago, PRW. said:

How the fuck is that a red? That should be overturned.

Broadfoot steps on his foot, Jack pushes him, Broadfoot steps on his foot again, Jack pushes him, Broadfoot falls down holding his face.

This, the evidence is there so use it, watched on sky pictures are clear as day but the officials saw something completely different 

11 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

3 red cards in 13 games for Rangers.

3 red cards in 259 games for Aberdeen.

Maybe he's just not used to the Rangers refereeing yet.

Use these stats to prove our case, So Jack now a dirty player is he? Let them explain these figures as any expert would tell you something has changed.    Yes he signed for Ramgers and gets signaled out like most Rangers players do that's what has changed, nothing else.

Go get the statistics since the refereeing strike and I bet younthey favour one club while we are way down the pecking order and we are not a dirty team 

20 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Has it been confirmed yet when he get the red card?

Has the ref been told to change his mind or was there a second incident?

I'll be stunned if there is a second incident. I had a decent view from my seat but watching it back on Rangers TV last night to confirm what I saw, the ref see's the incident starting to kick off and immediately starts to move towards it. By the time Jack pushes Broadfoot the ref is there about a second later and grabs Jack, keeping him away from the Kilmarnock players. From then until the booking Jack is right by the ref, mainly limping etc (which did look a bit fake).

Given how close the ref was by the time the push happens (a couple of meters?) he must have seen it clearly, it would be impossible not to. So both players (correctly) get a yellow to begin with and Jack walks well away while the Kilmarnock players are still focused on arguing with the ref (a mix of annoyance at the penalty and the yellow for Broadfoot).

What I did notice (at the time and on the replay) is that partway through initially dealing with it all (pre-bookings) the ref seems to signal over towards the 4th official, like he is signaling for advice. Given that he then books the players, either that wasn't forthcoming or the 4th official was in doubt so the ref goes with his gut (correctly)... until he gets word from somewhere that Jack should be sent off. 

My assumption is that the 4th official has watched a replay but I'd love to hear from someone in the main stand about what they saw the 4th official do around that time.

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Agree with nearly everything bar the last sentence, Hemdani was far superior to Jack. He may not have been a 'tackler' or 'enforcer' but his ability, passing ability and football intelligence is something Jack can only dream off.

What is the thinking behind this mate? 

I honestly can't grasp it, why has Jack been better than Dorrans, Pena and Holt?

Dorrans has been superior and he hasn't even been good, Holt has shown more in 3 appearances than Jack has all season. Pena is hopeless on the ball but has given us productivity, even at the weekend he could have had two assists if not for Windass having no shooting ability. Jack and Pena have been gash and Dorrans average.

Jack has been getting red cards, offering no protection to the defence, poor passing(3 times in the space in 5 minutes his passes went to Motherwell players at the weekend) Over the whole season he's done 2 good things, goal line clearance at the weekend and an assist after good play at either Partick or Hamilton, can't remember exactly which game. Never seen a more average at best midfielder for us in a long while, he also go hiding bar when he thinks he's a hardman and wants to start fights. 

Law and Edu were slated on here, whilst offering far more than Jack. Never seen a more inept performance from a midfielder than what Jack produced against the scum this season.

Other than positioning, I don't think Pena is good.

Holt, has played three games, so I'm not gonny include him, as much as I like him.

Dorrans, imo, has disappointed, especially after Motherwell.

Archived