Was anyone on Nuremberg's train?

Thermopylae

On 10/28/2017 at 18:47, Gascoigne8 said:

The irish were the first "away" team to play them after the war.

Cunts 

I thought there was an irish link because I can't see any other connection between German football and the colour green ... at least the Italians honour their old royal family by using blue so that does have a relevance even though it's not on the flag 

40 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

I thought there was an irish link because I can't see any other connection between German football and the colour green ... at least the Italians honour their old royal family by using blue so that does have a relevance even though it's not on the flag 

The reason the German away strip was green and white was actually because they were the colours of the federal state of Saxony (Dresden and Leipzig), the second most powerful in pre-War Germany. The home colours of white and black represent the state of Prussia (Berlin and Brandenburg), which was economically, politically and in footballing terms, the powerhouse in Germany before World War II.
Ireland were in fact the fifth team to play the Germans after 1945. Switzerland were first (twice), then Turkey, Austria and then Ireland - in Dublin in October 1951 !

image.jpeg.418e302def10000e277e0efbd9ce52c5.jpeg

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 16:28, Thermopylae said:

Is it true that the German change strip is green because the Irish gave them a set of shirts after the war when every other country was keeping their distance? 

That is a papish one mate . More wishful thinking from the fantasists or should that read fascists

On 28/10/2017 at 16:33, Jakes Pal said:

Not heard that one before, maybe a bit of an urban myth but the leaving the lights on and De Velera's Nazi sympathies are a matter of historical fact in case anyone is of any doubt.

Also one close to the reasons why De Oirish, sympathising with Nazi Germany in their war with Britain,  were referred to as the H***!!!  Never forget.

1 hour ago, Thermopylae said:

The DFB logo is white letters on a green background but thats as far as it seems to go. They have worn different variations of the flag on their away kit (red/black/silver white) but as you say i cant see where other than the badge where the green comes in 

On 28/10/2017 at 17:16, cascadeshrimp said:

Hope the crackpot has a look out the window

I done that on an old railway bridge in Girvan....climbed underneath and stuck my head through a hole and said you took your time you bastard(in my best vivyan voice)

Mates near fell off laughing

On 28/10/2017 at 16:23, Jakes Pal said:

At the time we were fighting the Nazis, Eire left the lights on the Dublin to Belfast railway line to help guide the Luftwaffe to the shipyards, and when Hitler died, De Velera expressed his condolences to the German people. If you know your history.

Why would the Irish leave the the lights on?

On 28 October 2017 at 16:04, Thermopylae said:

Keevins was telling us on clyde about his journey through to auld reekie on a train full of Bears ... he made it sound all very bright and breezy I'm wondering if he;s exaggerating his popularity with us :whistle:

You know the answer really, don't listen to archbishop shug's lies on radio cattolica !

image.jpeg.7106b62693d202b39ed2cb752a1a468e.jpeg

21 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

The reason the German away strip was green and white was actually because they were the colours of the federal state of Saxony (Dresden and Leipzig), the second most powerful in pre-War Germany. The home colours of white and black represent the state of Prussia (Berlin and Brandenburg), which was economically, politically and in footballing terms, the powerhouse in Germany before World War II.
Ireland were in fact the fifth team to play the Germans after 1945. Switzerland were first (twice), then Turkey, Austria and then Ireland - in Dublin in October 1951 !

image.jpeg.418e302def10000e277e0efbd9ce52c5.jpeg

We just can't have people wandering around telling the truth like that :Fod:

20 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

His sanctimonious condescending tone makes me dislike his pundatory to the point where I want to physically shake him by his shoulders. 

He really does grind my gears

I think he's probably just been there too long ... it's remarkable to think he used to share the airwaves with Jimmy Sanderson!

4 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

I think he's probably just been there too long ... it's remarkable to think he used to share the airwaves with Jimmy Sanderson!

James "were you at the game caller?" Sanderson. The Wee shite stuck the boot into us big-time, but did the same to the rest. He would be horrified to see Scottish football as it exists today. 

17 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

James "were you at the game caller?" Sanderson. The Wee shite stuck the boot into us big-time, but did the same to the rest. He would be horrified to see Scottish football as it exists today. 

You could never accuse him of mendacity :Fod: