A season of missed opportunities?

Prso's headband

3 hours ago, TheMotor said:

I think the season will continue like this. They're getting a lot of narrow results, we're up and down like a fucking yo-yo. If they're in Europe after Christmas, the gap will end up 10 points or less. If they're bumped by Anderlecht, it'll be 15+.

I've still got 500 on us for the league and I'm not cashing out. Lose a couple of strikers for a couple of months and they could be in bother.

Iv got £20 on us to win +16 for £200 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Can't beat a weak Rangers team managed by a youth coach. He isn't up to the job.

If everyone's fit we are not that weak a team if Managed correctly, there are no worldbeaters we have to fear in this League. 

8 minutes ago, Smile said:

If everyone's fit we are not that weak a team if Managed correctly, there are no worldbeaters we have to fear in this League. 

He was still totally outwitted by a youth coach who has only managed 11 first team games in his career. If it were the other way around our support would want the manager sacked.

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He was still totally outwitted by a youth coach who has only managed 11 first team games in his career. If it were the other way around our support would want the manager sacked.

I wonder who gave the Youth coach the means to outwit him with that Formation?

42 minutes ago, dougie76 said:

Thank fuck, l don't want him anywhere near us.

Jury is out on this one mate and I've not been convinced with him but as has been said, if he has our squad then he might be the one to take the taigs, but nothing would be expected in Europe. Look at the useless fanny over the road, even if he was our manager then I would still expect us to improve.

9 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

Jury is out on this one mate and I've not been convinced with him but as has been said, if he has our squad then he might be the one to take the taigs, but nothing would be expected in Europe. Look at the useless fanny over the road, even if he was our manager then I would still expect us to improve.

He wouldn't, he is average best.

20 minutes ago, Smile said:

Must have been the man from the Moon that got JJ to show Murty on a Notepad what way he was to set out second half as well I guess.

Could you read the notepad? They could have been having a game of hangman for all you know.  M_ _, _ _ _ _s is b_ow_ng out h_s ar_ _.

There was me thinking it's common practice for assistants to use notepads to record stats, highlight issues and make suggestions to the manager. Nothing sinister going on.

Or do we pay JJ to spectate for 90 mins?

Sorry don’t believe in it. We like all other teams in the league miss opertunities, it happens due to lack of ability and weak mentality.

I think you’re reading too much into the situation, it’s simple - we just aren’t good enough to have any kind of good consistency.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

We shouldn't let ourselves start to believe we can keep up any kind of winning streak mate.

Thats always the danger when games like last night happen. We start to kid ourselves on

The thing that was most pleasing for me last night was the success gained by the change in formation.if it continues to allow the players to play more to their strengths then we may just have turned the corner and go on a good run . 

when Chelsea changed formation last year and they clicked they went from average to really good and hard to beat almost overnight 

maybe it's our turn to get a few breaks here and there and go on a decent run .for sure the fans deserve the buzz of a good run 

53 minutes ago, dougie76 said:

He wouldn't, he is average best.

I know mate, he's not the best we could get. Watched the game just there and he would crawl to Ibrox for that role. They were spawny when they beat us last season and he's done the square root of nothing since.

48 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Could you read the notepad? They could have been having a game of hangman for all you know.  M_ _, _ _ _ _s is b_ow_ng out h_s ar_ _.

There was me thinking it's common practice for assistants to use notepads to record stats, highlight issues and make suggestions to the manager. Nothing sinister going on.

Or do we pay JJ to spectate for 90 mins?

If it makes you feel better to believe that then, good luck.

One missed fact about Pedro was that he led us to the most number of postwar seasons without a major trophy (5). Not all his fault of course, but I fully expect the new manager to *not* lead us to the worst ever (7 seasons prior to 1910-11).

Ryan Jack being sent off twice then being rescinded cost us 5 points. Tarriers got a dodgy penalty last night and also a stonewaller denied against Partick in the last minute I’m sure as well for a draw. Table would look a lot different.

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

Ryan Jack being sent off twice then being rescinded cost us 5 points. Tarriers got a dodgy penalty last night and also a stonewaller denied against Partick in the last minute I’m sure as well for a draw. Table would look a lot different.

add the ridiculous refereeing against hivs and the good goal chopped off against hearts and the gap is even closer 

If we play the way we did last night for the remainder of the season, second place is guaranteed and I won't even concede the possibility of catching them. Sounds optimistic but like a few other posters have said, they have gotten a few dodgy decisions go their way. Lets hope my new enthusiasm doesn't end on Sunday.