maybe not the most popular of opinions however.

KingKirk

On 12/16/2017 at 23:15, K.A.I said:

It all comes down to finance sadly. 

Murty is a decent manager despite today but without decent investment (I’m sick saying it myself because it gets said a hundred times a day on here even though it’s true) we will always be that sort of team with these players who wins a few games, gets beat a few games and will drift aimlessly between second and fourth depending on form and above all and most importantly nowhere near the taigs.

the players are inconsistent, gutless and not Rangers class but people tend to forget that the team that started today was guys we’ve signed from Hearts, Wigan, Swindon, Cardiff, some mid table Turkish side, Accrington, Helsinki, Sheffield United, Aberdeen with one guy of pedigree in Alves ... then there’s a McCrorie who’s cane through the youth, our bench is a Mexican plucked from obscurity, Barjonas a second rate youngster, Bates a Raith Rovers reject, Alnwick from Port Vale, Nico who came from a third tier team in New York USA, Hodson who we signed from MK Dons and Hardie another youth who’s spent most of his time out on loan to lower league Scottish teams - hopefully reading that wee list the penny might start to drop for some who under-estimate the importance of that 30-50 million King promised us 

the Jamie Walkers of this world for 600k aren’t the answer either that’s just adding to the problem 

cheered me up no end

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

cheered me up no end

A know .. when the reality of it is laid out it's a depressing read but it's factual and tells you exactly how this board have tried to do things on the cheap. A formula that will never work. 

1 hour ago, 6superbarry6 said:

What was the point in going through all that to just become a pale imitation of what we once were? none we absolutely need to get back to ruling this cesspit of a country or its all been for fuck all and might aswell not have bothered.

5 lines sum it all up very nicely?

12 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

We made an absolute cunt of it in division 3 tbh and we're still paying the price,we should've been signing up and coming youngsters and playing them alongside the best of our own youths,letting them develop get plenty first team football then they would make up the nucleus of our squad,supplement that with players of a bit more quality in key positions and we'd be in far better place today,still pisses me off we didn't sign Andy Robertson fucking ridiculous he'd easily be our best player now:megaanguish:

See what those Hertz kids did today.

We could have had something like that if we’d set our stall out properly.

3 minutes ago, HG5 said:

See what those Hertz kids did today.

We could have had something like that if we’d set our stall out properly.

Instead we chose to throw £££££££'s on absolute shite like Sandaza,Kyle,Ian Black and many many more the short sightedness of it was ridiculous,McCoist is a major part of where we find ourselves still haunted by his fucking "legacy"

2 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Instead we chose to throw £££££££'s on absolute like Sandaza,Kyle,Ian Black and many many more the short sightedness of it was ridiculous,McCoist is a major part of where we find ourselves still haunted by his fucking "legacy"

Yup.

Full of journeymen, instead of energy.

He was scared to fail, but still managed it.

This place is mad sometimes, bad result yes, knee jerk reaction, no.

If we win a few in a row, were en route to the title, if we lose once, sack the board.

We're better than last season, no doubt, not  under full time manager as of yet, but iif we steady the ship at brox, we'll push them close. that's where our problem is.

ps what school did Harry Cochrane go to? from Glasgow and started the Gorgie massacre  today, FTP

34 minutes ago, orange&blue92 said:

If we win a few in a row, were en route to the title, if we lose once, sack the board.

We're better than last season, no doubt, not  under full time manager as of yet, but iif we steady the ship at brox, we'll push them close. that's where our problem is.

ps what school did Harry Cochrane go to? from Glasgow and started the Gorgie massacre  today, FTP

fucking mind numbing that patter.

According to people like you it's one bad result and the first time we've lost .. we've lost 4 times at home this season and drawn twice and it's mid December. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

fucking mind numbing that patter.

According to people like you it's one bad result and the first time we've lost .. we've lost 4 times at home this season and drawn twice and it's mid December. 

Not the first time lad, just a recurring theme, knee jerk reaction after either ends of the results, would be a bit more realistic to have an opinion over a decent run of games ( and manager). Sacking the board isn't the answer imo, would just create more uncertainty, were on the up, nobody has a middle eastern cheque book at hand.(unfortunately), still think we can win the title next year, they cunts are rotten with some pressure applied to their players.

On 16/12/2017 at 23:07, Prso's headband said:

It’s enough for some and it’s slowly creeping into a lot of peoples minds. 

“Get behind the fucking team, remember where we were”. I’ve had that flung at me twice this season already, Hamilton at home and Killie. 

Aye no bother ma man I’ll get behind that team of average couldn’t give a fuck about my club players. I probably give around 1.5k a season just in tickets and I want a team that fucking fights first and foremost 

Pick 11 of us, we might get beat but I can guarantee you we all walk off that pitch with the jersey a different colour covered in sweat, whilst not giving a fuck about the money we’ve made that week. 

“Remember where we were” 

Boils my fucking piss when you get thrown at you. 

On 16/12/2017 at 23:44, K.A.I said:

And celtic are still skin-flints and not big spenders at all when you consider it ... their money goes towards repaying debts, overdrafts and Dermot Desmond ... don’t get me wrong they are managing it and balancing their books but they aren’t going out and net spending millions every window. 

That’s because they have already done the spending and now they are just maintaining a squad. 

We have never replaced the squad we lost with like for like, instead we piss away millions on average squads that will win fuck all. 

On 17/12/2017 at 09:14, Bluepeter9 said:

I don’t know anyone who doesn’t want us back at the top - however I think there is a range of opinions on how long that will take and how to get there - many seem to think there is some sort of binary switch that can be flicked on and we will be unbeaten again forever - I see it as still another few seasons of incremental changes. We all want the same just differ in our expectations of what it takes to get there 

Explain who we replace the squad we lost without going out and buying like for like?? 

10 hours ago, orange&blue92 said:

Strathaven Academy, he’s from Stonehouse. 

Without money we are fucked we are never going to compete with that lot as they have acquired a squad to compete in this league and have strength and depth. The way this board do things on the cheap the only way we will become genuine title contenders is if we get lucky with some bargain basement players at a fairly low cost. The majority of the players we have already aren't good enough, sure they will pull some cracking wins out the bag but they can't do it over a full season when it matters.

On 16/12/2017 at 23:31, King Jela said:

While I agree that the board are a shambles, we spent close to 10 million in the summer. Looking at the 2 games against the sheep and where we've dropped points at home this season, a few different purchases, deciding to keep a few rather than sell to keep competition for places up and I'd say we've got the makings of a title challenging squad. There's definitely potential there imo, recent form has showed that. 

have to agree with you .the games against the sheep show there is definitely the ability in this side to be good enough to compete .whether they have the correct attitude is another thing. an experienced man manager and one or 2 solid signings may give us that slight edge we need to give a bit of mental toughness that's sorely needed 

14 hours ago, orange&blue92 said:

Wee Harry's a bluenose, he's a Stonehouse boy and you don't get many tims up there :lol: 

15 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

We made an absolute cunt of it in division 3 tbh and we're still paying the price,we should've been signing up and coming youngsters and playing them alongside the best of our own youths,letting them develop get plenty first team football then they would make up the nucleus of our squad,supplement that with players of a bit more quality in key positions and we'd be in far better place today,still pisses me off we didn't sign Andy Robertson fucking ridiculous he'd easily be our best player now:megaanguish:

Said it at the time...that strategy was high risk and very unlikely to work.  In fact, we played a number of our own youths anyway.  Imagine we'd have gone down that route and got stuck in the bottom division first time round. 

10 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Explain who we replace the squad we lost without going out and buying like for like?? 

I think I understand the question :pipe: 

The squad needs depth more than it needs change. Another center mid and a couple of strikers would be my priority but given finances we need to be patient in building that depth of quality and competition 

On 16/12/2017 at 23:00, KingKirk said:

From top to bottom in our football club ...I get the feeling that as long as what we have been through doesn't darken our door again that will be enough for some.. Were do we see ourselves in 5year? Honestly I haven't a clue. I think behind the scenes some think that to.

I’d be ok if we were regulars in the europa league groups by then. And a couple of cup wins. Hopefully in a position to at least run c****c close.

11 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I think I understand the question :pipe: 

The squad needs depth more than it needs change. Another center mid and a couple of strikers would be my priority but given finances we need to be patient in building that depth of quality and competition 

So you have no idea. ??

On 16/12/2017 at 23:15, K.A.I said:

It all comes down to finance sadly. 

Murty is a decent manager despite today but without decent investment (I’m sick saying it myself because it gets said a hundred times a day on here even though it’s true) we will always be that sort of team with these players who wins a few games, gets beat a few games and will drift aimlessly between second and fourth depending on form and above all and most importantly nowhere near the taigs.

the players are inconsistent, gutless and not Rangers class but people tend to forget that the team that started today was guys we’ve signed from Hearts, Wigan, Swindon, Cardiff, some mid table Turkish side, Accrington, Helsinki, Sheffield United, Aberdeen with one guy of pedigree in Alves ... then there’s a McCrorie who’s cane through the youth, our bench is a Mexican plucked from obscurity, Barjonas a second rate youngster, Bates a Raith Rovers reject, Alnwick from Port Vale, Nico who came from a third tier team in New York USA, Hodson who we signed from MK Dons and Hardie another youth who’s spent most of his time out on loan to lower league Scottish teams - hopefully reading that wee list the penny might start to drop for some who under-estimate the importance of that 30-50 million King promised us 

the Jamie Walkers of this world for 600k aren’t the answer either that’s just adding to the problem 

Well put point but I don't think it's the whole problem. We have to have a board who we can trust to make the right decisons with relation to a manager. Finance is important but if you dont have people that can spend it effectively you still have major problems. Appointing the right manager who can then do the best with what we have but also bring in the right players to improve. The appointment of Caixinha and even Mark Allen have set us back again. If we appoint the right manager you will start to see consistency from a lot of players and also the weeding out of those who are not up to it. The kind of manager we need would have many of our exisiting players playing better and more conistently, and then would have them complimented by 2 or 3 quality signings using the millions that were blown on half a squad in the summer. Over 2 or 3 transfer windows it could make a big difference. Once we get into a better position I think we are more likely to attract a bit of investment.

29 minutes ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

Well put point but I don't think it's the whole problem. We have to have a board who we can trust to make the right decisons with relation to a manager. Finance is important but if you dont have people that can spend it effectively you still have major problems. Appointing the right manager who can then do the best with what we have but also bring in the right players to improve. The appointment of Caixinha and even Mark Allen have set us back again. If we appoint the right manager you will start to see consistency from a lot of players and also the weeding out of those who are not up to it. The kind of manager we need would have many of our exisiting players playing better and more conistently, and then would have them complimented by 2 or 3 quality signings using the millions that were blown on half a squad in the summer. Over 2 or 3 transfer windows it could make a big difference. Once we get into a better position I think we are more likely to attract a bit of investment.

I agree completely - if we found 50 million tomorrow we’ve no manager and do you trust Robertson King and Allen to spend it wisely? I don’t 

On 17/12/2017 at 23:28, 6superbarry6 said:

Instead we chose to throw £££££££'s on absolute shite like Sandaza,Kyle,Ian Black and many many more the short sightedness of it was ridiculous,McCoist is a major part of where we find ourselves still haunted by his fucking "legacy"

And its a policy we continue to this very day

On 16/12/2017 at 23:07, Prso's headband said:

It’s enough for some and it’s slowly creeping into a lot of peoples minds. 

“Get behind the fucking team, remember where we were”. I’ve had that flung at me twice this season already, Hamilton at home and Killie. 

Aye no bother ma man I’ll get behind that team of average couldn’t give a fuck about my club players. I probably give around 1.5k a season just in tickets and I want a team that fucking fights first and foremost 

Pick 11 of us, we might get beat but I can guarantee you we all walk off that pitch with the jersey a different colour covered in sweat, whilst not giving a fuck about the money we’ve made that week. 

byres road living, liberal thinking, follow follow posting cunts. the "remember where we were" and "you need a reality check as to where we are as a club" brigade need systematically fucking rubbed out of our fanbase. 

detest these fucking spineless, defeatist bastards. fucking abysmal.

we've waded thru shit for so long that folk take any little positive thing and exaggerate it - like acting like 2nd place is an achievement

I hold us to the same standards as I did years ago, first is winning second is nowhere

Folk are desperate for the journey to be over so will treat second place like a victory. This is why the board get such leeway with fans, because some of our fans have given up and act like hibs fans who think a cup win is the greatest thing ever