Who would you rather have running us?

Bad Robot

Who would you rather have running us?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have running us?

• DK
    • DM
    • MA

18 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Mike Ashley has stated many times that most of his wealth is tied up in Sports Direct shares. This is why he is now looking to sell Newcastle United. In football terms he hasn't got a pot to piss in.

And he's a cunt.

Absolute utter shite.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, bluenose_n1 said:

No disrespect to you but I think you need to re-evaluate just how much of a mess we are in

beggars can’t be choosers 

cant believe people think that a billionaire investor is a bad thing

Going to have to disagree on this one then.

He showed enough of his methods with the leeches he put in place the last time Imo. Football aside,   the man is a poor excuse for a human being never mind the potential owner of Rangers. 

Oh and for what it's worth the beggars hail from the east. 

11 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

He has said it only recently. His words not mine and yes he is absolute shite.

From the the Newcastle Metro and not a direct quote. His real time net worth as of today  is 3.2 billion US. Not much by EPL standards these days. 

He did say he was finished with football, but it means nothing if there is a deal to be done and even blind side some. 

Also revealing what he does have available would probably upset the Geordie fans and they would demand more as he does not compete with many others in the EPL. 30 mil net investment in players this season, which is very little, but probably to be exoected knowing he was selling thm on. He is a tight cunt and I'd be shocked if he gave anything to charity. If he does, there must be an angle.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

From the the Newcastle Metro and not a direct quote. His real time net worth as of today  is 3.2 billion US. Not much by EPL standards these days. 

He did say he was finished with football, but it means nothing if there is a deal to be done and even blind side some. 

Also revealing what he does have available would probably upset the Geordie fans and they would demand more as he does not compete with many others in the EPL. 30 mil net investment in players this season, which is very little, but probably to be exoected knowing he was selling thm on. He is a tight cunt and I'd be shocked if he gave anything to charity. If he does, there must be an angle.

Wouldn't disagree with any of that. I did also see him say it recently on, I think Sky. He was being interviewed before the Brighton v Newcastle game and was asked why he'd sacked Chris Hughton. He apologised for it, saying it was a mistake and he then admitted to several other mistakes re managers. When asked why he doesn't make more resources available for Rafa he then made the comment about not having much liquid cash.

As you say, probably bollocks or maybe not (he said the same in that court case recently when an ex employee sued him for a £15 million bet they struck in a pub - something about share price rises) but in terms of what he is willing to commit to football he's not got anything. And thank fuck for that in my opinion because him and his company are fucking horrible.

12 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

Going to have to disagree on this one then.

He showed enough of his methods with the leeches he put in place the last time Imo. Football aside,   the man is a poor excuse for a human being never mind the potential owner of Rangers. 

Oh and for what it's worth the beggars hail from the east. 

Agree mate he is a fanny but he’s the only billionaire ive heard us linked with

2 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Wouldn't disagree with any of that. I did also see him say it recently on, I think Sky. He was being interviewed before the Brighton v Newcastle game and was asked why he'd sacked Chris Hughton. He apologised for it, saying it was a mistake and he then admitted to several other mistakes re managers. When asked why he doesn't make more resources available for Rafa he then made the comment about not having much liquid cash.

As you say, probably bollocks or maybe not (he said the same in that court case recently when an ex employee sued him for a £15 million bet they struck in a pub - something about share price rises) but in terms of what he is willing to commit to football he's not got anything. And thank fuck for that in my opinion because him and his company are fucking horrible.

I don't really know about him. He just doesn't say much and is bit of a strange one. When he does, he's got to have an angle. I doubt any cunt gets close to him. He'll be a bit like king on that score.

I'd still take his money, but it would need to be front loaded. TBH, there is nothing in it for him to be second up here. It's all in being first to promote that company of his, which I see as a good indicator for us in taking out the scum. Is there enough value in that for him, I just don't know, because there wouldn't be much in direct pay back and all in the marketing of the SDI brand. The one other problem with Ashley is we wouldn't get him directly running us, but some stroppy place man cunt making wrong decisions.

I'd prefer someone seriously wealthy cunt from left field ASAP, because this current shitstorm just cannot go on much longer

14 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

David Murray led us to over 20 trophies, 9IAR, a European Final, a European Semi Final, gave us Dick Advocaat and all that brought, Gascoigne, Laudrup, the return of Sir Walter Smith and 3IAR and some people would rather have Mike fucking Ashley? Pmsl. What a fucking mess our support are. No wonder we have sat back and watched our club be use like a filthy fucking whore for the last 6 years and paid for the privilege, we don't have a fucking clue. David Murrays tenure ended on a sour note yes but fuck me, he made us the worlds most successful club, and gave most of you some of your very happiest memories supporting Rangers for crying out loud, watching some of the very best players you will ever seen in a Rangers jersey. Catch a grip for fuck sake. This chip on the shoulder pish is very similar to the hatred for the so called rats who supposedly walked away from the club to look after their own careers, as most of us would have by the way. It's fucking embarrassing. Honestly, some of you deserve the fucking shambles we have become. Rangers fans my arse. Have fun watching another celtic treble and them lifting 10+ in a row. Mike Ashley, ffs. The cunts net spend down there was £1.8m per annum. There's fucking players down there earning that in a couple of months ffs. He was hated at Newcastle for a reason and hated here for a reason as well. He's a cunt. 

Agree, but at what cost.  The overspending and tax risk taken during the advocaat years is what has started this Shitstorm and that is indisputable unfortunately.

i opted for MA as we need someone who will run a tight ship while we rebuild in a sustainable manner. I hate the guy but I’m afraid it’s what we need. Depressing.

5 hours ago, Dlydon81 said:

Agree, but at what cost.  The overspending and tax risk taken during the advocaat years is what has started this Shitstorm and that is indisputable unfortunately.

i opted for MA as we need someone who will run a tight ship while we rebuild in a sustainable manner. I hate the guy but I’m afraid it’s what we need. Depressing.

The cost was a manageable £30m debt which was less than halved by the time the bank took the club from him. There were far bigger things at play than us simply overspending. We were singled out an attacked on levels we couldn't fight. There's probably not many, if any, clubs who run at  a profit these days either. I guess it just depends who the creditors are! 

7 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

The cost was a manageable £30m debt which was less than halved by the time the bank took the club from him. There were far bigger things at play than us simply overspending. We were singled out an attacked on levels we couldn't fight. There's probably not many, if any, clubs who run at  a profit these days either. I guess it just depends who the creditors are! 

There Were multiple refinancing efforts by Murray during his tenure - essentially moving debt to other parts of his group. Our cash outflow during his tenure was over 200m - throw into that operating an aggressive tax avoidance scheme that left us with another 30m/40m +of exposure, his stewardship of our club was always going to result in debt catching up with us.  

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎24‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 13:40, Tenerife Bear said:

David Murray led us to over 20 trophies, 9IAR, a European Final, a European Semi Final, gave us Dick Advocaat and all that brought, Gascoigne, Laudrup, the return of Sir Walter Smith and 3IAR and some people would rather have Mike fucking Ashley? Pmsl. What a fucking mess our support are. No wonder we have sat back and watched our club be use like a filthy fucking whore for the last 6 years and paid for the privilege, we don't have a fucking clue. David Murrays tenure ended on a sour note yes but fuck me, he made us the worlds most successful club, and gave most of you some of your very happiest memories supporting Rangers for crying out loud, watching some of the very best players you will ever seen in a Rangers jersey. Catch a grip for fuck sake. This chip on the shoulder pish is very similar to the hatred for the so called rats who supposedly walked away from the club to look after their own careers, as most of us would have by the way. It's fucking embarrassing. Honestly, some of you deserve the fucking shambles we have become. Rangers fans my arse. Have fun watching another celtic treble and them lifting 10+ in a row. Mike Ashley, ffs. The cunts net spend down there was £1.8m per annum. There's fucking players down there earning that in a couple of months ffs. He was hated at Newcastle for a reason and hated here for a reason as well. He's a cunt. 

Great post but the OP 's post was well intended

You really are being romantic/nostalgic about DM after he left us in the abortion of a state we are now in.

I agree with the part about many deserving the shambles we are . No doubts about that one

Didn't see this poll at the time.

The answer I would want isn't one of the options but should be number one for everybody: Professionals.

Everybody gets caught up in the chat about who owns us and confuses that with who runs us. Only in the Mickey Mouse Fantasy World of professional sports are businesses on an enterprise scale run by enthusiastic amateurs with egos larger than their brains.

The perfect solution is a club run by a professional executive board as a not-for-profit organisation on 3 - 5 year cycles with no dividends to shareholders and all revenue re-invested in sustainable growth, divided between CAPEX and OPEX projects.

La-La-Land, I know.

6 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Great post but the OP 's post was well intended

You really are being romantic/nostalgic about DM after he left us in the abortion of a state we are now in.

I agree with the part about many deserving the shambles we are . No doubts about that one

Frighteningly people forget the only reason we ended 9iar era in profit is because murray flogged off a chunk of the club to a king controlled company and joe lewis, without that 60mill combined we'd have been royally humped when walters team needed rebuilding 

On 24/12/2017 at 13:40, Tenerife Bear said:

Murray lead us to where we are now by lying,divide and conquer and spending money that wasn’t his or ours, a black day when Souness introduced him to Ibrox.

To be fair they all either were or are running us into the ground. 

I just wish Sir David Murray had managed to turn his business’ around to the point he could return with some sort of token investment in a effort to correct the wrongs that will undoubtedly overshadow his previous good work....

I mean, this is the guy that put us back on the map with appointment of Souness....oh aye thats right.