Jump to content
eskbankloyal

Ibrox roofs - building warrant granted

Recommended Posts

To be fair 

I asked the question to someone wbo works at Ibrox 

We are working on the roof but fuck all money is being spent on our Ground 

It's hand to mouth it seems 

Essential  repairs or as little as they can spend 

Id gut that bastard King if I'd have a free pass 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

To be fair 

I asked the question to someone wbo works at Ibrox 

We are working on the roof but fuck all money is being spent on our Ground 

It's hand to mouth it seems 

Id gut that bastard King if I'd have a free pass 

Hold on, we're working on the roof which is part of the stadium ... but no money is being spent on the stadium. :huh:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ace said:

Hold on, we're working on the roof which is part of the stadium ... but no money is being spent on the stadium. :huh:

You know what I mean .How far up King and Murrays arse are you Ace ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you work on the roof without spending money though? Are we sellotaping it back together or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

I think you know! Lol

I don’t actually - wasn’t intended in that way ?

surely the term monkeys isn’t banned now is it? Haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

You know what I mean .How far up King and Murrays arse are you Ace ?

No, I have no fucking clue what you mean.

Also, how blind does your hatred of one person make you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ace said:

No, I have no fucking clue what you mean.

Also, how blind does your hatred of one person make you?

I'm not the only bear 

Time will tell who is right and wrong 

By that time .You may have climbed out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

To be fair 

I asked the question to someone wbo works at Ibrox 

We are working on the roof but fuck all money is being spent on our Ground 

It's hand to mouth it seems 

Essential  repairs or as little as they can spend 

Id gut that bastard King if I'd have a free pass 

Hand to mouth ??? this work is going to cost around 400-450k 

its approx 15000m2 of over cladding. And that doesn’t include the underside, fascias and translucents which are part of the overall scope of works 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

To be fair 

I asked the question to someone wbo works at Ibrox 

We are working on the roof but fuck all money is being spent on our Ground 

It's hand to mouth it seems 

Essential  repairs or as little as they can spend 

Id gut that bastard King if I'd have a free pass 

Way out of order with your comments , fine with opinion but with that last comment you come across as a head case 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Hand to mouth ??? this work is going to cost around 400-450k 

its approx 15000m2 of over cladding. And that doesn’t include the underside, fascias and translucents which are part of the overall scope of works 

What does this actually mean mate? What is over cladding? Will it be a new roof (roove) on the stands or just a cosmetic thing?

Basically for an office monkey like me will we notice any difference?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Gustav said:

How do you work on the roof without spending money though? Are we sellotaping it back together or something?

yoi support the tims? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jam_piece said:

yoi support the tims? 

Wit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

What does this actually mean mate? What is over cladding? Will it be a new roof (roove) on the stands or just a cosmetic thing?

Basically for an office monkey like me will we notice any difference?!

There’s a bracket system fixed onto the existing cladding and the new cladding is fixed onto that - no insulation ie a cold roof arrangement. There have been numerous small leaks around the 3 stands over the last 5 years. It’s obviously only going to get worse - it’s approaching 40 yrs old at the end of the day so it’s served well. 

This will weatherproof the 3 stands for hopefully a similar 40yrs. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

There’s a bracket system fixed onto the existing cladding and the new cladding is fixed onto that - no insulation ie a cold roof arrangement. There have been numerous small leaks around the 3 stands over the last 5 years. It’s obviously only going to get worse - it’s approaching 40 yrs old at the end of the day so it’s served well. 

This will weatherproof the 3 stands for hopefully a similar 40yrs. 

Cheers for that mate. 

Visually will it look different or much the same as is now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pure_Quality said:

Cheers for that mate. 

Visually will it look different or much the same as is now?

You won’t notice a thing during this phase. The biggest transformation will be the underside but mostly the translucents at the sides of the Copland/broomloan 

here are a few photos I took 6 months ago. 

6752285B-0041-477A-B16A-71110F7602B9.jpeg

1F8C364E-4B69-4097-86AF-2ACA8AD9D30D.jpeg

C22F1310-F359-4D3C-8369-C98413D1DD12.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

You won’t notice a thing during this phase. The biggest transformation will be the underside but mostly the translucents at the sides of the Copland/broomloan 

here are a few photos I took 6 months ago. 

6752285B-0041-477A-B16A-71110F7602B9.jpeg

1F8C364E-4B69-4097-86AF-2ACA8AD9D30D.jpeg

C22F1310-F359-4D3C-8369-C98413D1DD12.jpeg

Thanks again, and what are they likely to look like once done up? Same style bit just clearer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

Thanks again, and what are they likely to look like once done up? Same style bit just clearer?

Yeh, they will be GRP again but more modern and much much longer to ‘yellow’ 

they will be like a pearl appearance. Much more natural light will spill in. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Yeh, they will be GRP again but more modern and much much longer to ‘yellow’ 

they will be like a pearl appearance. Much more natural light will spill in. 

Nice one mate, cheers for all the info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, In walter we trust said:

Way out of order with your comments , fine with opinion but with that last comment you come across as a head case 

Are you fucking psychic ?:angrywillie:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Yeh, they will be GRP again but more modern and much much longer to ‘yellow’ 

they will be like a pearl appearance. Much more natural light will spill in. 

Rite I think I have got the gist of what's getting done, but in general will it look a lot cleaner if that makes sense, its just looking quite grubby at the moment on the outsides, will this help that appearance in general.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Think it's a crisis loan from.the broo. Paid back at 2.63 per week 

Is that your way of confirming that the club could qualify for commonwealth legacy funding through SportScotland  scheme?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

You won’t notice a thing during this phase. The biggest transformation will be the underside but mostly the translucents at the sides of the Copland/broomloan 

here are a few photos I took 6 months ago. 

6752285B-0041-477A-B16A-71110F7602B9.jpeg

1F8C364E-4B69-4097-86AF-2ACA8AD9D30D.jpeg

C22F1310-F359-4D3C-8369-C98413D1DD12.jpeg

Yeh, I assumed that regardless of how much it costs, majority must be replacement/repair.  I mean you don’t spend money on the roof to improve the matchday experience for the fans unless you have to.

last match I got to was last season and the place looked pretty rough then - it will be even worse now if imagine if No money has been spent!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Is that your way of confirming that the club could qualify for commonwealth legacy funding through SportScotland  scheme?

You ever able to tell when someone is ripping the piss. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, willygers4life said:

You ever able to tell when someone is ripping the piss. 

:lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Biased and corrupt as GCC are .

Even these scumbags must laugh at this fruit of the loom maniac

They don't, they're so desperate for what he rambles to be true they believe the shite he comes out with. In fact if the sad deluded fuck wits didn't fund him they wouldn't even get to read his jackanorey corner about us every day. Weirdos.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×