Ibrox roofs - building warrant granted

eskbankloyal

11 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Wit :lol: 

I posted the thread so that people who know about this kind of stuff could enlighten us as to what the work would be etc. 

Didn’t happen but had a good laugh at how it ended up

I think he just meant when he seen the thread title he thought of you tbf. I don't think he thought you were responsible for how it went :lol:

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Wit :lol: 

I posted the thread so that people who know about this kind of stuff could enlighten us as to what the work would be etc. 

Didn’t happen but had a good laugh at how it ended up

Fair enough mate 

Getting too cynical  these last few years 

7 hours ago, harlands plater said:

Ah well. So much for my theory the club were letting those three stands deteriorate because they are getting demolished and a new three-sided 70,000 seater Centenary And A Half Stand is being built for 2022.

Naw hold that one mate 

My money would still be on something being in this 

we are not building a new stadium and there is no need for us to have 70,000 seats because 30 odd thousand of them would be empty every week. It literally makes no sense to suggest we increase capacity and its fucking boring as fuck hearing about it in every thread about the stadium. Fuck playing to a half empty stadium every week which is exactly what would happen outwith big games. We'd sell 70,000 twice a season at best 

10 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

we are not building a new stadium and there is no need for us to have 70,000 seats because 30 odd thousand of them would be empty every week. It literally makes no sense to suggest we increase capacity and its fucking boring as fuck hearing about it in every thread about the stadium. Fuck playing to a half empty stadium every week which is exactly what would happen outwith big games. We'd sell 70,000 twice a season at best 

Spot on. 

Our stadium is perfectly suited to our needs just needs a bit of TLC and the surrounding area cleaned up a bit.

35 minutes ago, bluenose244 said:

Spot on. 

Our stadium is perfectly suited to our needs just needs a bit of TLC and the surrounding area cleaned up a bit.

exactly mate

folk are just desperate to match the taigs for capacity which i dont get as its totally meaningless 

31 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

exactly mate

folk are just desperate to match the taigs for capacity which i dont get as its totally meaningless 

I would rather have the nicer better made stadium (with a little less capacity)

Than a cheap looking stadium made from tin foil held up by scaffolding. 

1 hour ago, With Heart and Hand said:

FFS Willis I thought you had a sense of humour mate. We’d be lucky to get the wooden benches they called the old Centenary Stand In 2022.

1 minute ago, harlands plater said:

FFS Willis I thought you had a sense of humour mate. We’d be lucky to get the wooden benches they called the old Centenary Stand In 2022.

:lol: aye fair dues bud but there are loads of folk who always come out with it in these threads

when you consider the money it would cost it would be pointless. The stadium needs modernized but bo need for increased capacity

10 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

:lol: aye fair dues bud but there are loads of folk who always come out with it in these threads

when you consider the money it would cost it would be pointless. The stadium needs modernized but bo need for increased capacity

We should always have had the biggest ground as we are the biggest club, but Murray fucked that up with his screens instead of seats in the corners. It will never happen now, that ship has long sailed.

Just get the place sorted and looking as good as it should be. There’s not many stadiums that can touch ours and I’ve been in some of the best.

2 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

If anything get rid of the screens and join the 3 stands up top tier level, Put 8 to 10,000 on the capacity easily.  And the 3 stands are almost 40 years old and still look good unlike the piggery. I love Ibrox how it is so why change it ? Waste of money we could invest elsewhere like the team. 

3 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

If anything get rid of the screens and join the 3 stands up top tier level, Put 8 to 10,000 on the capacity easily.  And the 3 stands are almost 40 years old and still look good unlike the piggery. I love Ibrox how it is so why change it ? Waste of money we could invest elsewhere like the team. 

Only change we need is safe standing in the Copland front mate.