Morelos to leave before the end of February [Rocksport Radio]

Lloyd

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 1690tamRFC said:

So what. Never claimed to be a genius, but I don’t call people stupid for asking a fucking question, but if it makes you feel the big man on the internet you batter in. 

I never called you stupid ffs, I said you asked a stupid question.... you jumped in to a conversation asking me "who said we are selling" I explained to you I was debating with a poster the ins and outs of selling Alfie... he said we should sell him...

you are right on one thing though, I am a cheeky cunt

9 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

They've won titles because they've had no competition for the last six years. 

Nothing to with being a selling club. 

They had no competition because they were financially too far ahead of the others. That gap is made bigger with CL revenue and player sales. Take those 2 things away the gap is less and an 'upset' in the league might have been a possibility.

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

£10+ million = half to the "soft loan company" and half to Mark Allan - that won't win us the league.

Keeping him might

6m from the sale, 7/8m from season ticket money plus whatever we make from other sales if spent wisely would have us competing.

Every player at every club has a price and if another team is willing to pay that then that player is sold.  PSG bid 200million and Barca sold Neymar, who is a brilliant player. If we've been offered 11million upfront for Morelos, then sadly we got to sell.  The player will want to go and make big money and we can reinvest it in a couple of players making us stronger in the long run.  Win-win!

Pretty bemused that people think he's worth more than £11m. He's scored goals in Finland and Scotland. The only reason we're even getting £11m is because the Chinese are fucking nuts and have money to burn.

Can understand not wanting to sell now to an extent but he's not worth more than that and a few goals against the filth and in the early rounds of Europa League qualifying ain't changing that.

35 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Every club outwith about a dozen European ones are selling clubs. It’s not 1990 ffs.

I agree, but those clubs don’t have a chance of winning their league, we do. 

There is a time and place to sell, which for Morelos should be next summer. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

All of the top clubs in Holland, Belgium, Portugal, Sweden etc. have a chance of winning their leagues and they, along with the taigs, are all selling clubs.

22 minutes ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

They had no competition because they were financially too far ahead of the others. That gap is made bigger with CL revenue and player sales. Take those 2 things away the gap is less and an 'upset' in the league might have been a possibility.

It was never a possibility :lol:

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

And again, I’m just not confident enough that he’ll increase, or not decrease even, in value. Plus, if he’s even considering following the money to China at this stage in his career, then there’s absolutely no way he’s staying with us beyond this summer.

3 minutes ago, Ibroxblue said:

If we've really been offered £11m or anything like it I'd take it. I'd be sorry to see Alfredo go but we can't afford to gamble with that sort of money.

:tu:It’s literally a gamble, on a massive sum of money. Not for me, but I’m not much of a gambler.

If he was worth £11m we would have won at the Paedodome. I get he’s top scorer in the league but I don’t personally like him and would take the money. £10m profit In 6months is a no brained to me and SHOULD be reinvested in the playing squad. Whether we like it or not, every club in this country, bar none, will sell players for money like that. 

Anyone else think if he goes for more the board deserve a bit of credit for driving up his value. Can't even remember the last time we managed to do this.

If we get 11 million I think that's a pretty good price to be honest, would hope we can reinvest and try and find another Morelos for that.

I like him, I'd be sad to see him go, but no one's irreplaceable.

29 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

And again, I’m just not confident enough that he’ll increase, or not decrease even, in value. Plus, if he’s even considering following the money to China at this stage in his career, then there’s absolutely no way he’s staying with us beyond this summer.

I disagree on your first post. 

Then leave him until the summer when we can get a quality replacement in. I’ve got the feeling we have been lead up the garden path by the club, by not selling him in the transfer window so they didn’t have to spend any of his transfer in a replacement. 

Archived