K.A.I

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Reformation Bear said:

Any way its looked at he'd have to be paid something.   It's transfer out and at least be playing football and rebuilding career (might not be the same wages but he'd have to trade off the potential to play and rebuild career vs staying in the deep shadows at Ibrox and not playing), or return here and not play even if it is a new manager because that manager will doubtless want his own picks anyway, or its cancel contract - take a payoff which might not be the equivalent of his full wages for the balance of the contract but at least he be free to go play elsewhere and the liability would be off the Club's books.    I think he is in a different position to MOH and Dodoo in that he is already back home and is an international who would presumably want to get back to the sort of form he had when he was picked for Mexico.    

I agree we look like we are stuck with the others until their contracts expire. 

You're an idealist who thinks the desire to play football means more to these guys than money.  I'm more cynical and believe that money is their primary motivation.  Our club has been stupid enough to hand out long contracts, and big wages, to a number of players who are nowhere near good enough to play for Rangers.  There's a price to pay for that and it'll be paying them off (which I doubt we can afford) or allowing them to see out their contracts.  I'm certain MOH would love nothing more than to leave us and go play his football for St.Johnstone.  However, St.Johnstone can only afford to pay him £1k/week and he's currently earning £6k/week at Rangers.  He's not going to walk away from the contract unless there's a hefty payoff involved.  I'm sure the same goes for many of dud players currently on our books.  Loaning them out at least puts them in the shop window and we might get lucky by stimulating interest from another club.  

You say a new manager will want his own picks but it doesn't work like that.  When Warburton took over he was saddled with some of McCoist's duds.  When Pedro took over he was saddled with Warburton's duds.  The next manager will be saddled with a mix of Warburton and Pedro duds since many of them were given ridiculous contracts up until 2020.  

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Was just reading there that he got injured, stretchered off and to a round of boo’s from his own support.

Theyll never take him permanently I knew a loan was stupid should have said full transfer at reduced price or nothing.

Looks like caixinha will be booted out - hopefully he'll sign him permanently for his next fucking club. Stupit wee con man.

32 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Just round it up to £70k to cover all the drink we were buying him since he's an alcoholic as well now apparently.

Will that cover the medical bills now though??? 

22 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

With a £1m sign on each season to keep  the yacht berthed off the Colombian coast

Morelos will put him up in his, so that's a good saving. 

We should have him training with youths everyday, no pay off, makes his life as awkward as possible. Make sure a message is sent out to the next person who  wants to mug the club off. I honestly think we are seen as a soft touch considering the amount of players who seem to do this to us.

Pena played 486 mins of league football and scored 5 goals.  Only Morelos and Windass have scored more league goals.  He was on a ridiculous wage and had to go but he did have an impact despite having very few opportunities.

11 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Pena played 486 mins of league football and scored 5 goals.  Only Morelos and Windass have scored more league goals.  He was on a ridiculous wage and had to go but he did have an impact despite having very few opportunities.

He was worse than a man down vast majority of the time

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I'm not saying he wasn't.  I'm simply pointing out that his goal return was very good for an attacking midfielder.  

Aye it was just a shame he was a fat alcoholic who couldn’t run, pass, tackle or dribble..