Two Centre Backs + Goalkeeper

BridgeIsBlue

4 minutes ago, bluchoo said:

And if he stayed on his line and Dembele scored you would be saying he should have come out...Dembeke should never had the run an thats down to Cardoso...not Fods biggest fan but struggle to see how he can be blamed yesterday

He’s never making that ball, IMO if he stays on his line Dembele would have a much tougher strike. The extra time would allow Cardoso to tuck round like he fucking should have in the first place. Cardoso’s fault more than Fod. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Ibroxholm said:

Ever since Warburton’s very first match, we have had a problem with opposition players running at our CBs or getting the space and time to shoot from distance.  The only time, we have looked to have a resolution to this problem is when we played McCrorie as a midfield anchor in front of the defence.   Don’t know if McCrorie will be the long term answer in that position, if not, we need to find somebody who can play that role.  

We are crying out for a decent C.B. put McCrorie straight in there once fit.

17 hours ago, Sket said:

Morelos buries that at 2-2 and these points don't matter. Twice he's cost us crucial points now.

If Tav was in position for their second, they wouldn't have scored it. Been saying for ages that Fod isn't good enough for us. He's their worst full time No1 we've had in my lifetime. 

Let's get real ffs. Wes is a second rate keeper. Nice guy, but ffs his all round game is dreadfull.

Our central defence remains weak and with Cardosa and Alves, the weakest of our options.

Our central midfield remains weak. For how much longer is pensioner broon going to boss the midfield ffs.

Windass contributes nothing to the midfield effort and hardly supports Morelos, being the selfish bastard that he is, then goes MIA. One up with Windass in behind doesn't work. Windass needs sacrificed and get set up better to support Cummings or a duo with Morelos.

We have improved, but remain a step down in quality with the scum. We are in denial if we can't see that. 

This squad is now 6 wasted years in the making. How much fucking longer?! Much work remains to be done.

when bates went off we were fucked. And foderingham and morelos i am finished with. All that striker does is run about mental into people. He scores goals but his decision making and composure are brutal considering how many chances he gets. Seems a bit thick at times.

fod ? He has been suspect of long range goals since the championship. 

But i can at least say murphy and candeias rose to the occasion, especially candeias, such passion for us. 

17 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

Spot on. Cardosa also guilty but mostly Fod who should have got closer . That goal on the stroke of half time killed us. FOD also guilty of flapping a bit second half. But i do not blame him for 1st & 3rd goals.

Matters not who is most to blame. Cardosa is a bomb scare and Wes is simply nowhere near good enough. We need to cut our losses with both and others if we are to have any chance at the title.

14 hours ago, DariuszAdamczuk said:

Get folk calling me mental every time I say it but Foderingham is fucking chronic and inspires no confidence, the 2 centre backs would be a lot less shaky if they had a reliable keeper behind them. Just look at Mignolet and Karius at Liverpool making top class centre half’s in front of them into total donkeys.

In saying that we do need 2 centre backs, we need to get rid of Alves ASAP and use his wage to get some decent defenders in.

Totally agree here. Fod is a bombscare. Always not ready for shots outside the box and I’m not talking about  the first goal yesterday. At the same time we’ve got to stop backing off attacking players coming in like that. There have got to be better goalies out there available..

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Let's get real ffs. Wes is a second rate keeper. Nice guy, but ffs his all round game is dreadfull.

Our central defence remains weak and with Cordoso and Alves, the weakest of our option.

Our central midfield remains weak. For how much longer is pensioner broon going to boss the midfield ffs.

Windass contributes nothing to the midfield effort and hardly suports Morelos, being the selfish bastard that he is, then goes MIS. One up with Windass in behind doesn't work. Windass needs sacrificed and get get set up better to support Cummings or a duo with Morelos.

We have improved, but remain a step down in quality with the scum. We are in denial if we can't see that. 

This squad is now 6 wasted years in the making. How much fucking longer?! Much work remains to be done.

Work does remain to be done but still i have faith murty will close this gap further, were essentially one good transfer window away from fixing this. 

When pedro left we felt we needed a new team, well for the most part i think were close. But we do nees a physical presence, those corners after corners yesterday filled me with dread. 

The third is worse than the first from Foderingham. I was in the club deck and as soon as it left his boot it was in, it was a fucking disgrace. 

Rogic only has a left foot, Bates has blocked half the goal, he only has half the fucking goal to aim at and he still gets caught out. Fucking unreal

2 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

Work does remain to be done but still i have faith murty will close this gap further, were essentially one good transfer window away from fixing this. 

When pedro left we felt we needed a new team, well for the most part i think were close. But we do nees a physical presence, those corners after corners yesterday filled me with dread. 

Yes we have brought in better players January, but it's the foundations that we are building on that's the problem. Just who is Murty going to get rid of, because it's his first picks that he rates.

If you were starting from scratch,.....?

We really need to stop bringing in big slow c/bs .this is the main reason we are unable to press a team continually.watch where our cbs are when a team has the ball in their own half .they are 15 yards further back than they should be giving the midfield two far too much area to cover and leaving a huge hole for players like Rogic and McGregor etc to to sit in behind our midfield two.we need two big pacy centre halfs urgently if we are playing with just two in midfield

Just now, ronniemca said:

We really need to stop bringing in big slow c/bs .this is the main reason we are unable to press a team continually.watch where our cbs are when a team has the ball in their own half .they are 15 yards further back than they should be giving the midfield two far too much area to cover and leaving a huge hole for players like Rogic and McGregor etc to to sit in behind our midfield two.we need two big pacy centre halfs urgently if we are playing with just two in midfield

I’d like to know how Murty can’t see this. We fuckin sat back on the pricks and let come at us. Too many gaps! Fuck me Heartz did them 4-0 by pressing them like fuck. 

I like Wes but his decision making is questionable. 

I' ve  a feeling he rushed out cos he saw cardosso flapping ..

Goss needs his baws kicked for the 3rd goal as does morellos for hitting the post.

Dorrans mcrorie Martin and Wallace back for the semi .. learn from these mistakes and the cup is ours .

That 2nd goal is absoutely fucking pathetic. Cardoso is a joke but it's utterly baffling why Wes felt he had to rush out of his goal in a situation like that. Everyone knew what was coming as soon as the ball cross the half way line. 

1 hour ago, glasgow argyle said:

We are crying out for a decent C.B. put McCrorie straight in there once fit.

We have been crying out for a good solid defensive midfield player since the start of Warburton’s tenure.  Looking at the goals we lose from shots outside the box and opposition midfielders being allowed to run from deep, I think that is the key area we need to address.  I think ultimately McCrorie may develop into a good CB but right now our need is greater for a DM.

2 hours ago, PRW. said:

4-4-2 is a midfield 2 pairing?

A traditional 4-4-2 isn't it's pretty rigid .. we played it before with guys like Albertz on the left, Gio on the left and Reyna on the right and they weren't wingers. Not that I'm saying Candaies or Murphy need dropped - they are what makes us tick - I'm saying we need more numbers in midfield instead of an isolated 2 who are pretty poor.

2 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

If Tav was in position for their second, they wouldn't have scored it. Been saying for ages that Fod isn't good enough for us. He's their worst full time No1 we've had in my lifetime. 

How old are you? 3?

How can a ball hit long on the left been helped  by Tav being in position. Foderingham is better than, Bell and Alexander

Ally Maxwell, Steve Simonsen, Cammy Bell and Lionel Litezi were all substantially worse in goals for us than Foderingham ... wee mentions to numpties like Billy Thompson and Jesper Christiansen too.