RIP Ray Wilkins

BryceRFC1

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Waggy1872 said:

Seen a few posts going around on social media that he has passed away? Unsure if confirmed but does anyone have any info? 

Aye I've seen the same on Facebook mate 

20 minutes ago, delparlane said:

Sick as fuck if not true; anyone spreading a "joke" like that needs their coupon panned.

It's seemingly a hoax you have to wonder at the mentality of someone who would do that fuckin scum 

On 30/03/2018 at 23:23, Copland bear said:

He was a superb player midfielder tha as not scared to put himself about, he let the ball do the running and even when he came to us he was still a class act.

One game for us he passed the ball about  70yards for Mo Johnston to score with one touch up at the broomloan, 

That was his last game. Beautiful pass in the fog right to Mo's feet, who then put it away. Mo then ran straight to Butch and they gave each other a big bear hug, both clearly pleased that that's how it would end for Ray... with a typical Wilkins long pass.

On 31/03/2018 at 22:18, delparlane said:

Any updates on Razor's condition?

Razor????  Where on earth did you get that name ??   Razor Ruddock???  Ray was known as Butch in his younger days at Chelsea 

Just now, GeeSS said:

Razor????  Where on earth did you get that name ??   Razor Ruddock???  Ray was known as Butch in his younger days at Chelsea 

Seen a few comments using Razor, it threw me as it was only ever Ray or Butch (or The Crab) in his playing days. Never heard him called Razor at any club he played at.

3 hours ago, RFC Eagle said:

Seen a few comments using Razor, it threw me as it was only ever Ray or Butch (or The Crab) in his playing days. Never heard him called Razor at any club he played at.

From 2012 

Former QPR and Fulham boss Ray ‘Razor’/’Butch’ Wilkins is in line for a return to management courtesy of the empty hot-seat at the Hawthorns.

13 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

From 2012 

Former QPR and Fulham boss Ray ‘Razor’/’Butch’ Wilkins is in line for a return to management courtesy of the empty hot-seat at the Hawthorns.

I suspect 'Razor' comes more recently from pundits sat in studios with him lazily calling him that in a laddish version of Ray kind of way. It doesn't actually suit him in any way, and back in the 80s and 90s he was never called Razor. His proper nickname is Butch.

59 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

From 2012 

I did say playing career, he was long retired in 2012. I've still only seen or heard him referred to as Razor in the last couple of days.

That single quote is also from a less than credible website, so not really a great source. A bit like a Facebook comment, which is likely where the author got his 'information'.

On 02/04/2018 at 12:26, Inigo said:

I suspect 'Razor' comes more recently from pundits sat in studios with him lazily calling him that in a laddish version of Ray kind of way. It doesn't actually suit him in any way, and back in the 80s and 90s he was never called Razor. His proper nickname is Butch.

I know soneond who played with him at Rangers and he called him Razzor.

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I know soneond who played with him at Rangers and he called him Razzor.

Don't doubt it. I'm not saying TV pundits were the only ones that used a lazy cliched nickname for him.

Archived