Bates is off

jjbscotty12

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, markem said:

As much as I’d have rather kept him how anyone can say poor from the club is beyond me. 

We have no idea what they are willing to pay him. Should we have paid him more regardless?

The point being he should have been tied down on a long term contract months ago. Watched so much talent walk out the door for nothing over the last 10 years. Club run by amateurs 

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Must be some budget king is giving Allen and the new manager. 

It’ll need to be, as soon as the summer window slammed shut we were still short of 4/5 players for quality and depth.

Thats before we need to get rid of the 15 hangers on taking up about 100+k a week, Bates and possibly Morelos too, madness.

4 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

While I appreciate all he's done for us, the fact he's our best defender bar McCrorie at the moment sums up how bad we are right now.

Need to sign some decent CBs in the summer.

He's a better defender than McCrorie imo.

I like Ross but he is better played further forward.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

I like Hamburg but this thread shows not many people have a clue about German football or where Hamburg are and have been for a number of years 

Cunts have scraped their baws off for years just to stay up, they’re fodder. Lost 6 goals plus to Bayern in 3 of the last 4 years. They’re pish, Bates is pish.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He’s young he’s the best of the current CB. 

Now unless you know the 4 CB’s we are singing in the summer and they a good step up from Bates then your only guessing if this is a good tho for the club. 

Also walked away for fuck all so we have no sell on clause if he does kick on at Hamburg. 

Exactly he walked away from the club. His choice no one else's.

Struggling to believe the disappointment cos a very average player who's played around 10 full games for us is leaving.

1 minute ago, Boyd9her said:

The point being he should have been tied down on a long term contract months ago. Watched so much talent walk out the door for nothing over the last 10 years. Club run by amateurs 

Can you give examples of all this talent please?

Just now, CoatbridgeBear said:

Cunts have scraped their baws off for years just to stay up, they’re fodder. Lost 6 goals plus to Bayern in 3 of the last 4 years. They’re pish, Bates is pish.

Been saying it for about 3 years now but they’d be better off being relegated and rebuilding.

Every year they celebrate just about remaining in the league through the playoffs 

Just now, Boyd9her said:

iirc we made him an offer some time ago.  Without knowing what that offer was it’s hard to draw any conclusion.  

Run by amateurs I won’t argue with you on. 

2 minutes ago, piperpete said:

Maybe his demands were far too high and we thought we would get greater value bringing someone else in in the summer.

sad to lose a young Scott but he wasn’t  an outstanding player to take us forward.

He's better than what we have in Alves Cardoso and Martin and still young enough to improve we will struggle to get anyone to take those high earners from us. 

This board is stupid and naive why let a contract run down.

He was vastly overrated by our fans.  He's largely unproven and there's just as much chance of him being a flop as there is a success.  If Bates primary interest was money then good luck to him and I hope he fills his coffers over in Germany.

I'd like to know whether this was because we didn't rate him enough to pay him more, whether he simply wanted to move to pastures new, whether we have other targets in mind. The club should tell us what the score is.

Struggling to get away from the bottom line that, whatever the reason is, we shouldn't ever be left in a situation where a good club like Hamburg takes a young guy from us for nothing. Clearly they think there's something there, even if some of us don't, and if so we should be cashing in on that at the very least.

4 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Exactly he walked away from the club. His choice no one else's.

Struggling to believe the disappointment cos a very average player who's played around 10 full games for us is leaving.

Because he had the makings of a good solid defender. 

Archived