Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can our board manage this twice? 

Twice I’ve not wanted the man they clearly are after in McIness and now Gerrard. 

But they fanny about that much it makes you think you actually want him. 

2 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Twice I’ve not wanted the man they clearly are after in McIness and now Gerrard. 

But they fanny about that much it makes you think you actually want him. 

Moved alot quicker than the mcinnes saga imo

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

He's keen on it that's exactly what Charles Paterson said.

Not your fault if you’ve just seen it but that (from Patterson) was released earlier.  I took your post as a new development.  

We know he’s keen ffs - I want new info. (That’s not aimed at you). 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Don't be so sure. We could have another 5 weeks of this, and he will still say no. It's not happening, I can't see it happening. What I do see is another let down, back to the drawing board. And remember the door is still open for Murty. Magic Murty rides again. The return of the prodigal son. Gies yer doh. Fans fucked about again. Laughing stock of Scottish football. Tim's pissing their pants with laughter. We are a fucking joke. End of 

1 minute ago, markem said:

Not your fault if you’ve just seen it but that (from Patterson) was released earlier.  I took your post as a new development.  

We know he’s keen ffs - I want new info. (That’s not aimed at you). 

First I've seen it was new to me:lol:

Should have been kept firmly under wraps till we were way beyond the stage we clearly were/are.  

Build up to Hampden King released a stupid statement.  Build up to piggery this was leaked.  Someone should explain to him that deflection is better just after the event. 

Just now, The Ibrox Derry said:

Don't be so sure. We could have another 5 weeks of this, and he will still say no. It's not happening, I can't see it happening. What I do see is another let down, back to the drawing board. And remember the door is still open for Murty. Magic Murty rides again. The return of the prodigal son. Gies yer doh. Fans fucked about again. Laughing stock of Scottish football. Tim's pissing their pants with laughter. We are a fucking joke. End of 

I think it'll be done Thursday or Friday either way.

1 minute ago, markem said:

Should have been kept firmly under wraps till we were way beyond the stage we clearly were/are.  

Build up to Hampden King released a stupid statement.  Build up to piggery this was leaked.  Someone should explain to him that deflection is better just after the event. 

The club said it was leaked from down south. No sure I believe that but that's there stance

The club said it was leaked from down south. No sure I believe that but that's there stance

Me neither. To Kings go to guy.  What a coincidence. 

12 minutes ago, ben51 said:

But they fanny about that much it makes you think you actually want him

That's exactly it. And you're correct it was the same with McInnes. I don't want either but as it's dragging on and it looks more likely (as did McInnes right up until he said no) I'm probably living a bit in denial and trying my best to convince myself it will all work out with him.

35 minutes ago, left winger said:

How does Steve Clarke understand the size of job, and Stevie Gerrard doesn't?

Clarke's been up in Scotland since October and he's doing well.  He has a good handle on Scottish football and know where celtic and Rangers are at the moment.  He'll know the huge task facing the next Rangers manager.

How intimate is Gerrard with Scottish football?  Does he know all the teams and players?  He's been working down South in the youth setups for the past two years.  It's easy for guys down South to pass comment on Rangers like Wright and Shearer did the other night but I doubt they fully understand what's going on up here.

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

Clarke's been up in Scotland since October and he's doing well.  He has a good handle on Scottish football and know where celtic and Rangers are at the moment.  He'll know the huge task facing the next Rangers manager.

How intimate is Gerrard with Scottish football?  Does he know all the teams and players?  He's been working down South in the youth setups for the past two years.  It's easy for guys down South to pass comment on Rangers like Wright and Shearer did the other night but I doubt they fully understand what's going on up here.

The only tangible thing Clarke has from that is geography. If we look at the having a 'good handle' on Scottish football that was something he can't have had before he came to Kilmarnock, going by your logic. If Steve Clarke can get a good handle on Scottish football as soon as he's here I don't see why Gerrard can't.  Steve Clarke was also a 'guy down south' - hasn't been a problem for him.

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

The last thing we need is another fucking coach ffs. We need a fucking leader that doesn't do prisoners.

The Stevie G is that man, but is he coming?

I fucking despair at the mentality.

Obviously we need a coach fs but Gerrard will obviously tackle the mentality side of things too

31 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Murty will never be in charge of the team ever again.Sorry but. that's just stupid thinking

Archived