Dave King Press Conference on Monday

Anyone who thought this was going to be a big deal only has themselves to blame. 

For all I think the board should/could be doing better, King didn't make a big deal of this press conference, the fans did.

As for the making a bank account in the UK being a hold up, it does make sense. They went back and moved the goal posts on more than one occasion. They wanted an offer to be made, then they wanted the money ring-fenced, which Kind done, and then they decided that they weren't happy wit the funds being in a SA account and wanted them moved to the UK. It isn't as easy to open an account in a different country to that which you live in.

SG will have a decent amount of funds. My understanding is the £6 million is left over once the loans are turned into equity. You then have £3 million from the Hummel deal, and lets say £10 million from season ticket sales. That gives a total of around £19 million. More than enough. That doesn't even include any player sales, of which I think it's fair to say there could be a few. 

On top of all that you have money that the directors decide to put into the club, whatever that may be, the new merchandising deal, whatever that may be for all things Rangers, shirt sales and more that I can't be bothered to list. All of which can be used for the day to day running of the club. 

There will be new investment on the horizon, but I don't see it happening for another year or so once all the stuff off the park gets settled down and people see how SG does as a manager.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

I don't know but wasn't Martin Škrtel one of our targets. They are EPL players so I'd grab them if they didn't take a high wage just to stop 'THEM' getting 8IAR

We’ve signed lots of EPL players who’ve hardly kicked a ball for us once they’ve got here.

Just now, Sweetheart said:

I don't know but wasn't Martin Škrtel one of our targets. They are EPL players so I'd grab them if they didn't take a high wage just to stop 'THEM' getting 8IAR

You are the wee Jackie Shite of the Rangers support. 

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Skrtel plays in Turkey....

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Half the players you've mentioned haven't been near Liverpool in years and aren't even out of contract in the summer anyway.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're fishing.

1 minute ago, jackrfc95 said:

Just googled and he actually plays in China now, not a problem we could outbid anything they offer. 

You’re beginning  to sound like someone else.....!!

How old is he now?

1 minute ago, TheHammer_WATP said:

Anyone who thought this was going to be a big deal only has themselves to blame. 

For all I think the board should/could be doing better, King didn't make a big deal of this press conference, the fans did.

As for the making a bank account in the UK being a hold up, it does make sense. They went back and moved the goal posts on more than one occasion. They wanted an offer to be made, then they wanted the money ring-fenced, which Kind done, and then they decided that they weren't happy wit the funds being in a SA account and wanted them moved to the UK. It isn't as easy to open an account in a different country to that which you live in.

SG will have a decent amount of funds. My understanding is the £6 million is left over once the loans are turned into equity. You then have £3 million from the Hummel deal, and lets say £10 million from season ticket sales. That gives a total of around £19 million. More than enough. That doesn't even include any player sales, of which I think it's fair to say there could be a few. 

On top of all that you have money that the directors decide to put into the club, whatever that may be, the new merchandising deal, whatever that may be for all things Rangers, shirt sales and more that I can't be bothered to list. All of which can be used for the day to day running of the club. 

There will be new investment on the horizon, but I don't see it happening for another year or so once all the stuff off the park gets settled down and people see how SG does as a manager.

Does that mean we can sign all the players in sweetheart's list? :pipe:

5 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

You don't even like football.

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

A love how sweetheart just gives not a single fuck man :lol:

Defo takes it up the dunger 

I work with mental health teams. 

They will tell you, most believe they are sane and everyone else mad. 

25 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

How so?

If King’s solution to our mounting debts, ongoing losses, and the funding of SG and his planned recruitment Plans is a planned £6 million share issue, which he will struggle to deliver immediately due to his current situation with the Takeover Pane... then no wonder Board members might be seriously looking at the viability of their personal positions- especially in light of their big talk of funding a Rangers Squad that could match celtic. It’s all been smoke and mirrors. The only significant  funding the Club receives is season ticket money from the Fan base who have had to watch their hard earned cash squandered year after year on successive failed managerial appointments.  We  need an immediate  cash injection into the business (rather than loans/ increased debt) of in excess of £25 million to have any chance of genuinely taking on celtic. 

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Half the players you've mentioned haven't been near Liverpool in years and aren't even out of contract in the summer anyway.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're fishing.

I'm not  :fishing:. I read this

https://twitter.com/bet365/status/993437713192947714/photo/1

3 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Please shut the fuck up

I think Sweetheart would have been banned a long time ago if it said "Gender: Male" on her profile.

2 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Does that mean we can sign all the players in sweetheart's list? :pipe:

Would be some team in their prime!

Personally i think we need:

A solid GK (I'd like to see how Alnwick does with more games, would Wes for a few million.)

A RB.

2/3 solid, physical,quick and commanding CB's.

A striker.

Would sell Windass.

Have Rossiter and Jack/McCrorie as CDM's. 

Utilize Dorrans and Doc further forward. 

I honestly think we have a potential core of a decent team there. If Gerrard can somehow manufacture a spin for them I think we could do well with some quality additions. 

It's all going to come down to what formation Gerrard wants to play, and how he can use what he has available to him to get the most out of these under achievers. We know he likes a team that has some dig, grit, determination, physical, all the things we seem to be lacking. If we can add that to the side, and a winning mentality which I'm sure Gerrard will expect, i'm quietly optimistic for what next season could be.

11 minutes ago, TMB said:

If £6m is raised from a share issue, add on top about £10m from ST, and maybe get a bit more to take it up to £20m that's a lot of money in Scottish football.  I don't think we'll expect the type of wholesale changes many expected.  Much of our current squad will stay and it will be down to Gerrard to get the most out of them.  If we add 5-6 first-team players that can take us up a few levels we'll start winning consistently in this league and be more competitive during the Old Firms which is what we want. 

Where is the 10m from St's coming from?  We are running at loss requiring loans to keep the doors open. 

At best we would have 6m.

CASH IN 

Rangers chief Dave King confirms club aim to raise £6million through share issue but says there is NO new external investment

The Ibrox supremo unveiled Steven Gerrard as the club's new manager on Friday and fans hoped to hear news of fresh investment at a press conference earlier today.

LATEST

By Aidan Scott

7th May 2018, 2:47 pm

Updated: 7th May 2018, 2:49 pm

DAVE KING has confirmed Rangers aim to raise £6million in a share issue – but said there will be NO new external investment.

The Ibrox chief unveiled Steven Gerrard as the club’s new manager on Friday and held another press conference at the stadium today.

Dave King said Rangers aim to raise £6m

And with the resignations of directors Paul Murray and Barry Scott from the board last week, many fans hoped it would mean fresh investment was coming into the club.

But while King confirmed that money will be raised via a share issue next month, supporters have been left disappointed in their hopes for new investors.

He confirmed the amount Rangers are aiming to raise, saying: “We haven’t decided, but at the moment I am thinking about £6m new cash in the balance converted to loans.”

While he added: “At this stage there is nothing external other than existing shareholders and existing investors.

“We are not talking to anyone new or anyone not there already.”

Gerrard signed on to be Rangers’ new manager after receiving financial assurances.

And while King insisted transfer funds will be made available to the new boss this summer, he admitted they couldn’t provide an exact value yet.

He said: “We don’t put figures on that because we can’t.

“We have given a commitment that we will continue to invest in the squad, and will be a net investor.

“We will provide additional net funds to him. He will sit down with Mark (Allen) and determine that.

“I think Steven and Mark will tell us that because it depends on how many of the players Steven wants to keep. We haven’t even discussed it.

“It’s not something he would discuss with me, he would discuss that with Mark and then they would come back to the board.

“They will have to figure that out and then come back and say ‘this is our player plan’.

“Right now, we don’t have a player plan because Steven hasn’t really looked at it.”

Archived