Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KingKirk

Honest Mistakes

Recommended Posts

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

So quoting a Rangers hater, in your words someone who is as pro celtic as tgey come in tbe media, IS acceptable to justify a point.

Sutton got it right re Sinclair and regards us is often more controversial than anything in what he says. He's a knob buy I'd rather him than butcher tbh.

You obviously think he's worse than that, yet use him in your argument. Interesting that.

I actually don't mind him. No idea how you came to any assumption about my opinion on him based on what I'd posted.

He's playing to the gallery and by fuck does the gallery lap it up.

I used him as he is typically very pro-celtic and isn't prone to calling out their antics. That and it was one of the first results on google when I searched 'Sinclair penalty dive motherwell'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

"Considerinng the reaction of other clubs and the media in this country in particular. " - so what "other clubs" reactions are we talking about here then? Aberdeen, Falkirk? Brechin?

Yes. Over the last 20 years I've heard celtic fans make the very same arguments and the simple fact is that, whether you give a fuck what celtic fans say or not, referees can't be out to get the only two teams who have won a league title in this country of over quarter of a century. It wasn't a conspiracy when they were shite and it isn't a conspiracy when we are.

celtic were, by some distance, the least sanctioned club in the country. There may be no conspiracy but, as many have pointed out, there seem to be different standards being applied by referees across the two major clubs in Scottish football.

You expect some variation in decisions but when one club has a player with twice as many red cards as any other (as many rescinded as anyone else has received) and there is such a gap between first and second in the fair play table, then something is happening that isn't 'evening itself out'.

The standard of officiating across the board is poor but there are certain officials who have been either utterly incompetent or have an innate bias for or against clubs. Whatever the case is they need to be accountable and, patently, they aren't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jack The Flipper said:

See what?

see what we want to?

if the refs are actually working against us then what?

we going to seek clarification? :lol:

all this kind of shit does is make us look like bad losers and make us worry about and fight over the bones when we should be thinking about other things - eg being properly managed/ better tactics/ better players - that’s the real meat of the issue

only losers scream about refs, or bad weather 

Never worked to badly for the scum 

Agree about the middle part but that doesn't take away what many bears think ..Quite rightly IMO 

And take it from me .It will be a whole lot worse next season under SG

Can almost see then taking bets on sends SG to the stand first 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

celtic were, by some distance, the least sanctioned club in the country. There may be no conspiracy but, as many have pointed out, there seem to be different standards being applied by referees across the two major clubs in Scottish football.

You expect some variation in decisions but when one club has a player with twice as many red cards as any other (as many rescinded as anyone else has received) and there is such a gap between first and second in the fair play table, then something is happening that isn't 'evening itself out'.

The standard of officiating across the board is poor but there are certain officials who have been either utterly incompetent or have an innate bias for or against clubs. Whatever the case is they need to be accountable and, patently, they aren't.

Hamilton had nearly twice as many red cards as anyone else in the league. (9 when the next best was 5).

There's no dispute about the incompetence of referees - and depending on who you ask they'll claim bias/incompetence against their club (Motherwell/Thomson & ST. Johnstone/Dallas being two obvious ones) - and they absolutely do need to be held accountable.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RFC Eagle said:

celtic were, by some distance, the least sanctioned club in the country. There may be no conspiracy but, as many have pointed out, there seem to be different standards being applied by referees across the two major clubs in Scottish football.

You expect some variation in decisions but when one club has a player with twice as many red cards as any other (as many rescinded as anyone else has received) and there is such a gap between first and second in the fair play table, then something is happening that isn't 'evening itself out'.

The standard of officiating across the board is poor but there are certain officials who have been either utterly incompetent or have an innate bias for or against clubs. Whatever the case is they need to be accountable and, patently, they aren't.

See you are one of the guys who can't admit there might be 

There is for me .Clear as day, but too many of the bears like yourself are frightened to be labelled para .It's just an opinion 

Your head won't come come spinning off  

I just say fuck you to the apologist rhats 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Dude said:

Hamilton had nearly twice as many red cards as anyone else in the league. (9 when the next best was 5).

There's no dispute about the incompetence of referees - and depending on who you ask they'll claim bias/incompetence against their club (Motherwell/Thomson & ST. Johnstone/Dallas being two obvious ones) - and they absolutely do need to be held accountable.

 

So you manage to avoid my central point about the difference between the 2 major clubs in Scotland. 

To be expected of a Scottish 'journalist'. I have no issue with Motherwell etc joining us. A certain club has been calling the shots and skewing the game for far too long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I actually don't mind him. No idea how you came to any assumption about my opinion on him based on what I'd posted.

He's playing to the gallery and by fuck does the gallery lap it up.

I used him as he is typically very pro-celtic and isn't prone to calling out their antics. That and it was one of the first results on google when I searched 'Sinclair penalty dive motherwell'

"No I'm using Chris Sutton - who everyone would agree is as pro-celtic as they come in the media"

You're using someone you believe is pro celtic to justify a point on a Rangers related matter on a Rangers forum. Fact.

A far better Google search than your earlier one which used a poster named "The IRA" when comparing views of bears that weren't aligned to your own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RFC Eagle said:

So you manage to avoid my central point about the difference between the 2 major clubs in Scotland. 

To be expected of a Scottish 'journalist'. I have no issue with Motherwell etc joining us. A certain club has been calling the shots and skewing the game for far too long.

The difference between us extends a whopping two years. In that same two years celtic have still been bleating about refs being out to get them - and some of their fans even released a movie about it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

See you are one of the guys who can't admit there might be 

There is for me .Clear as day, but too many of the bears like yourself are frightened to be labelled para .It's just an opinion 

Your head won't come come spinning off  

I just say fuck you to the apologist rhats 

I don't think its a specific conspiracy across the board with referees. There may, or may not, be a clique who are having undue influence and there is, without doubt one club who are exerting too much influence at the top of the game.

The bottom line is, conspiracy or incompetence (I'm sure I called Beaton a cheat previously) the situation cannot be allowed to continue.

I never said there definitely wasn't a conspiracy just there may not be one in thus situation. What is key is to redress the balance in power and hopefully, recent events will start that process. There certainly has been a group conspiring against us but its not, necessarily, referees. They are as easily influenced by the poison spread in the media as anyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

"No I'm using Chris Sutton - who everyone would agree is as pro-celtic as they come in the media"

You're using someone you believe is pro celtic to justify a point on a Rangers related matter on a Rangers forum. Fact.

A far better Google search than your earlier one which used a poster named "The IRA" when comparing views of bears that weren't aligned to your own.

Aren't we allowed to do that? Are we only allowed to use the staunchest of the staunch to back our points up? Silly me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Dude said:

The difference between us extends a whopping two years. In that same two years celtic have still been bleating about refs being out to get them - and some of their fans even released a movie about it.

 

 

You really aren't very good at this. Would you expect fans with a team at the top of the fair play league to have any grounds for complaint? Its not a comparable situation.

I think you are, wifully, obfuscating and avoiding the central point that the issue is about the influence held by them as opposed to every other club. I understand you need to keep in with your 'journalist' (very loose term for the garbage in the MSM) brethren but you don't help yourself by ignoring the obvious. 

If y, honestly, think the 'difference' is only about 2 years then you are the fantasist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

You really aren't very good at this. Would you expect fans with a team at the top of the fair play league to have any grounds for complaint? Its not a comparable situation.

I think you are, wifully, obfuscating and avoiding the central point that the issue is about the influence held by them as opposed to every other club. I understand you need to keep in with your 'journalist' (very loose term for the garbage in the MSM) brethren but you don't help yourself by ignoring the obvious. 

If y, honestly, think the 'difference' is only about 2 years then you are the fantasist.

This central point keeps changing. First it was us being refereed to a different standard as the rest of Scottish football. Then it was the reaction and coverage to it and now it's the influence held by one club over referees.

So tell me, when did this 'difference' begin?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Interesting.

So who are we allowed to quote? I don't want to make the heinous mistake of quoting someone you don't approve of again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

You really aren't very good at this. Would you expect fans with a team at the top of the fair play league to have any grounds for complaint? Its not a comparable situation.

I think you are, wifully, obfuscating and avoiding the central point that the issue is about the influence held by them as opposed to every other club. I understand you need to keep in with your 'journalist' (very loose term for the garbage in the MSM) brethren but you don't help yourself by ignoring the obvious. 

If y, honestly, think the 'difference' is only about 2 years then you are the fantasist.

I'd imagine 99% of fans couldn't give a flying shite about the fair play league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

This central point keeps changing. First it was us being refereed to a different standard as the rest of Scottish football. Then it was the reaction and coverage to it and now it's the influence held by one club over referees.

So tell me, when did this 'difference' begin?

 

The central point has always been comparing the two clubs. I have then expanded the point concluding it is due to the undue influence of one club over the whole of the Scottish game.

You really are a 'journalist' aren't you? Incapable of following a thread if it takes you where you can't bring yourself to go for fear of upsetting your 'journalist' mates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I'd imagine 99% of fans couldn't give a flying shite about the fair play league.

You can't even comprehend English if thats what you took from the bit you highlighted.:facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was firmly in the 'your deluded if you believe there's any conspiracy or cheating going on within Scottish football'... but over the last few years my attitude has changed on that and last season was clear as day. We were woeful and didn't deserve the title, but think of the decisions against us and compare it to what went for us. Night and day!

Then analyze the amount of points the scum won through bad decisions, such as dives for penalties against the likes of Motherwell late on to steal a point. What about the numerous clear penalties not given against them? For us, Partick and Dundee to name only three. Bad decisions over the season if given correctly would have easily seen a huge points swing in our favour and have us beside if not ahead of the scum..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

You can't even comprehend English if thats what you took from the bit you highlighted.:facepalm:

"Would you expect fans with a team at the top of the fair play league to have any grounds for complaint?"

"I'd imagine 99% of fans couldn't give a flying shite about the fair play league."

Do enlighten me which part of that doesn't follow? Most fans have no idea if their club is at the top of the fair play league because it is an irrelevance and despite celtic having been top of it in the last few years you've still had some of them go to great lengths to insist the refs are out to get them. I mean ffs, they made a fucking movie about dodgy refereeing decision recently despite having won seven titles on the spin.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Your question about consequences? Answered already. Don't buy it for a second. 

Former Scottish referee Kenny Clark said that the reason for the strike was that referees were at "the end of their tether" over the effect criticism of their decisions was having on themselves, their families, and their professional lives

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, markem said:

Who gives a fuck what celtic supporters think?

My question was more around the last 20 years or so, which admittedly I wasn’t specific about. 

Are you honestly going to tell me that you believe that there is a balanced approach in this country to a ref giving us a favourable decision than one against us?

You’re honestly sticking with that?  Come on.  

One of -if not the most- rotten decisions that I can remember went against celtic in the semi final against Inverness and they were laughed it for the conspiracies and that was worse than any I’ve seen against us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, markem said:

Former Scottish referee Kenny Clark said that the reason for the strike was that referees were at "the end of their tether" over the effect criticism of their decisions was having on themselves, their families, and their professional lives

 

You mean the strike that came after not giving celtic decisions. Nothing to do with Rangers whatsoever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

One of -if not the most- rotten decisions that I can remember went against celtic in the semi final against Inverness and they were laughed it for the conspiracies and that was worse than any I’ve seen against us

That may be the case mate. I remember seeing Lennon very amusingly being denied a stonewaller at Ibrox :lol:

For all I know they were cheated rotten back in the day.  I hope they were, cunts.   

My point still stands that I believe refs face greater consequences as things are now, with the media, and governing bodies etc etc if they are seen to be favouring us and as such that’ll influence their decision making. 

As I  said earlier a mistake against us goes away quickly, a mistake for us won’t and you watch that in full force next year if we give them a run for theor money. 

I know it sounds a bit para, how any Rangers fan isn’t a bit Para with the events of the last 6 years is beyond me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You mean the strike that came after not giving celtic decisions. Nothing to do with Rangers whatsoever. 

:lol: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...