*** Official NK Maribor vs Rangers Match Thread***

RFCRobertson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, GT66 said:

The semi result was quality at the time, but it probably held us back a bit in terms of progress as it was a bit of a false dawn.

I'd say getting back into Europe is bigger than a Scottish Cup final too, so for me this and (hopefully) the next tie will be the best.

It was an incredible feeling at the time winning that semi final against them. But it was a false dawn as the following season showed.

Hopefully putting Maribor out tonight and getting past the next tie to qualify for the group stages, from a 1st round entry would be an amazing achievement. 

4 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

Definitely the way to go as we now have confidence that the back line will stop most attacks.

4 minutes ago, chris182 said:

I this is how Gerrard will play it

Well... they have the away goal and if we want to kill off the tie then that is the way to go.. 

1 minute ago, DariuszAdamczuk said:

Progres currently showing that while we were poor last year we were also probably a bit unlucky in drawing a team that isn’t half as bad as you’d believe 

If they manage to hold on here then they have done incredibly well!! Nothing short of amazing in my opinion.

Just now, johanhentze said:

Watching the game... they seem very hard to break down and look dangerous going forward... nothing we wouldnt handle, though.

Based on this tie, Maribor tonight SHOULD be the only thing between us and the group stage

Lets hope Progres pull it off though, that trip to Russia is a big no thanks 

Archived