*** Official NK Maribor vs Rangers Match Thread***

RFCRobertson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, shaka said:

This is the team I expect to start.  Halliday being there makes me very nervous but hopefully Murphy and the midfielders offer a lot of protection that side.  If Halliday doesn't mess up too bad, I can see us winning 1nil but if Halliday is left exposed then I think we'll lose by a goal.... still going through!

I fully expect this will be the line up. The only other option is to include McCrorie in 3 at the back? Both teams include some risk but whatever the actual team is then i am pretty confident we can qualify.

1 minute ago, Ivybank said:

We will need to score tonight to go through, after seeing them in the first leg and the chances they missed they could easily score 2

We could've easily scored more aswell tbf. Their defence looked pish.

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

He's had good games for us before

Thought he was decent enough at LB at St Johnstone last season, that was with a weaker midfield and defence too.

It's better being slightly weaker in one position than moving the whole team around, changing formation etc. and possibly being weaker in multiple positions.  

22 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

We could've easily scored more aswell tbf. Their defence looked pish.

Your right it did but we will be playing on the counter attack and will be under the cosh for the majority of the game its hard to keep a clean sheet when your under waves of attack , that's why we need a goal

Buzzing for this game.

This is what we’ve craved and wanted for so long. High pressure games that matter in Europe.

No doubt in my mind the boys are well versed from the manager and provided we work as a team, we are organised and professional I think we will see this one through.

By the time we kick off we’ll also know who we might be facing which if it happens to be Progres it will give any remaining squad members from last season even more incentive to get through.

Archived