*** Official NK Maribor vs Rangers Match Thread***

RFCRobertson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Rfc52 said:

Ffs mate. Let's just see what it brings lol 

I approached the first game in the Europa with a bit of trepidation and we needed a late goal to make it respectable. Away from home in the heat we came away with a draw.

2nd round we where up against a team that had did well last year getting a good few results.....we win away whilst losing at home.

Maribor a team that make the champions league occassionally, have some runs in Europe and lost the league on goal difference where beaten 3-1

So yes based on form I am saying we will go through easy.....think it will end up a scoring draw maybe even 2-2.

8 minutes ago, gj923 said:

I approached the first game in the Europa with a bit of trepidation and we needed a late goal to make it respectable. Away from home in the heat we came away with a draw.

2nd round we where up against a team that had did well last year getting a good few results.....we win away whilst losing at home.

Maribor a team that make the champions league occassionally, have some runs in Europe and lost the league on goal difference where beaten 3-1

So yes based on form I am saying we will go through easy.....think it will end up a scoring draw maybe even 2-2.

We drew 1-1 at Ibrox mate. Haven't lost this season so far ??.

10 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Form means little when you go away from home to obscure countries playing in alien conditions.

It's going to be a tough game, our toughest by far of the season so we will just have to wait and see.

It won't be easy, these games never are and have never been in the past either (with far better squads )

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Form means little when you go away from home to obscure countries playing in alien conditions.

It's going to be a tough game, our toughest by far of the season so we will just have to wait and see.

It won't be easy, these games never are and have never been in the past either (with far better squads )

They were very good first half I thought. Second half we were absolutely different class and they couldn't cope with us.

This is going to be tough imo

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

They were very good first half I thought. Second half we were absolutely different class and they couldn't cope with us.

Yeah second half we were flawless.

First half we were decent and should have been 2-0 at one point but they did have some good chances so they look dangerous.

Away from home these ties can be brutal so hopefully we can keep it tight. Not bothered with performance or a win just get through this fucker

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Yes going to be tough. Your second comment is the key. Doubt we'll sit in as we can hurt them with our press.

4 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Be something else watching us tonight away from home in Europe pressuring them into making mistakes, it would really show no fear. 

But on the other hand I just want to go through, so a drab 0-0 would be great. 

It's the way we are being set up to play. It's up to the players to carry out those instructions. If we do we have nothing to fear tonight!

I hope we try and play football at the start. I would like to see us push for a goal and then just sit back after that, but I hope we go for a goal, or two depending on how the game pans out. I don't think it would be wise to sit back for 90 minutes because they only need 2 goals. 

5 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

They're a decent outfit, but we are better.

FFS Halliday aint that bad and he'll be fine. He'll be buzzing.  Probably be a bit nervous at first, but he'll settle in.

No sweat. We'll go through.

I don't rate Halliday at all especially defensively.  I still think we'll win but I think Murphy and either Jack or Coulibaly will have to work hard to ensure that Halliday isn't left isolated one on one because I don't think he can cope in those situations.  He's not particularly strong in challenges and doesn't have the pace to cover for his lack of tackling ability.  But I think Gerrard is aware of this and will set the team up to ensure we don't get into those kind of situations.

Having the mentality to comeback and win plus dominate this team, particularly after scoring; having it deemed offside, then concede, all within 2 minutes, gives me a bit of confidence.

I think we're better than this team and believe it'll be a score draw.

7 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Always a dodgy score 3-1, they score and the pressure is on but this time I think we've got enough in the tank to get us through, think we will score and a wee draw would do just fine.

Is that you Stubbs? :lol:

I know what you mean but I'd much rather be 3-1 up than 3-1 down.

Also remember that they have scored all the away goals they can score whereas we have 90 minutes to score ours. If we get 2 they need 5 tonight which is never going to happen, so even if we were 2-1 down one extra goal completely kills the tie.

15 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Is that you Stubbs? :lol:

I know what you mean but I'd much rather be 3-1 up than 3-1 down.

Also remember that they have scored all the away goals they can score whereas we have 90 minutes to score ours. If we get 2 they need 5 tonight which is never going to happen, so even if we were 2-1 down one extra goal completely kills the tie.

Aye but 3-1 is always dodgy even without away goals counting, number of times I've seen it turned is quite high, but then I'm auld, see during the war . . .:lol:  Seriously though was glad when our third goal went in last week will make all the difference.

Archived