55 will be this year - Lafferty

.Williamson.

All he's really saying is that the dressing room believes we can win the league. Nothing wrong with that.

Only thing I don't agree with in that quote is that celtic were "probably" the better team on Sunday, they clearly were far better (although they're not as good as they think they are) 

What's said and reported  creates news and reaction to what's been said.    He'll have known that when he said what he said.

Time will tell whether his statement bears out of "Everyone in the Rangers dressing room believes that we’ll get 55 and that this will be the year we’ll win the league."    It's good that they have that collective belief and desire otherwise why are they there.     Having made that sort of public statement it puts additional onus - and pressure - is on Lafferty and the squad to live up to it.

Rangers expects.  

7 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

All he's really saying is that the dressing room believes we can win the league. Nothing wrong with that.

Only thing I don't agree with in that quote is that celtic were "probably" the better team on Sunday, they clearly were far better (although they're not as good as they think they are) 

I disagree, it will take every bit of luck we can muster to win the league - including the scum having a bad season. Best keep the scum complacent and arrogant then we can take advantage of it.

Public announcements like this just get them pumped up and ready for us.

Think it, act on it - Yes

Talk about it publicly - only when we are the team on top, even then it’s I’ll advised.

here we go

the players should shut up till they have a reason to brag or give it the big yin about being able to compete , instead of blowing smoke up their own arse less than a week after getting beat off the vermin

We clearly cant compete yet and none of our players should be giving the taigs digs until they actually beat them

Its just an empty meaningless statement until they prove it on the pitch. Shut the fuck up and concentrate on your game instead of swaggering about in the papers talking about a title we're no where near winning yet

11 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

Nothing wrong with saying this. If he had said "we don't think we're strong enough etc" then he would be equally hounded. Get a grip.

Aye cos it's a case of saying one or the other

10 March 18

Davie Hay: Rangers noise-up gives celtic all the motivation they need.

"In the build-up to tomorrow’s game we have heard a whole lot of noise this week.

And you can be assured that behind closed doors at Lennoxtown that it’ll be used to further motivate the celtic players – if any further motivation was indeed required.

Put it this way, if I was in the shoes of either the players or the managers, you’d be keen to go out and prove a point or two. You always want to go into the games and make sure that you are ready to stand up to the challenge but in a week in which celtic’s dominancy has been questioned then I think as a player you want to go out and show why you are in that position."

Not as if he's had any experience of this, managed one half of the old firm etc...

6 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

Frank are you on the fence and had you faced this question what would your answer be?

Along the lines of

'We've got a good team, we've got a good manager and we believe we're heading in the right direction' Positive without making daft claims that can be used against you

3 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Imagine the reaction if he'd answered the question thus;

"Aye we're a work in progress,  we'll no be winning any title this year."

He'd be hounded out the door.

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

11 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

10 March 18

"In the build-up to tomorrow’s game we have heard a whole lot of noise this week.

And you can be assured that behind closed doors at Lennoxtown that it’ll be used to further motivate the celtic players – if any further motivation was indeed required.

Put it this way, if I was in the shoes of either the players or the managers, you’d be keen to go out and prove a point or two. You always want to go into the games and make sure that you are ready to stand up to the challenge but in a week in which celtic’s dominancy has been questioned then I think as a player you want to go out and show why you are in that position."

Not as if he's had any experience of this, managed one half of the old firm etc...

Davie Hay is a fenian mess

14 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

10 March 18

We don’t need McNeil or Hay

5 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Tough one imo

One's a member of the Stan Varga CSC and a rebel bastard but the other walked out on us at our lowest ebb

I will still support the one wearing the Jersey over a knob end who slates our players ?