Gerrard and Middleton Press Conference

Marky.

8 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

I love the wee smile when he imagines us being "ruthless for 90mins"....:dance:

I think deep down he believes we are capable of running up a cricket score against someone and when it happens he will not be easing up on whoever it happens to be.  

4 hours ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Its become cliched to talk about being able to listen to the guy all day, class act ect, but he really is a brilliant listen, very honest, objective, extremely sharp football brain, knows exactly what he needs to do and how to do it.

It almost ridicules now looking back and remembering all the doubts people had about him coming in, just because he was a world class player doesn't make him a good manager, he wont be able to improve the players we had ect, ignoring that this is Stevie fucking G, a guy who made his own history by being a consummate professional with superb work ethic to go with 24 Carat talent.

whats obv is he also has the personality to go with it, His man management has been superb, weeding out the imposters and concentrating on the players  he thinks he can salvage, to a man they have responding and the squad look really together, they must absolutely love playing for him, it must be amazing going into training compared to last years farce and Stevie G is coaching you, its clear he cracks the whip but respect must be total, the new boys also saying to a man he was massive in their decision to come, so much more to come, we're still in infancy in terms of where Stevie can take us, when Stevie says he's building something special here, I believe him, what a prospect.

Great post WWFR?....seen an advert for the game somewhere, Villareal v Steven Gerrards Rangers,lol....guess Glasgow has been put to bed?

4 hours ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Its become cliched to talk about being able to listen to the guy all day, class act ect, but he really is a brilliant listen, very honest, objective, extremely sharp football brain, knows exactly what he needs to do and how to do it.

It almost ridicules now looking back and remembering all the doubts people had about him coming in, just because he was a world class player doesn't make him a good manager, he wont be able to improve the players we had ect, ignoring that this is Stevie fucking G, a guy who made his own history by being a consummate professional with superb work ethic to go with 24 Carat talent.

whats obv is he also has the personality to go with it, His man management has been superb, weeding out the imposters and concentrating on the players  he thinks he can salvage, to a man they have responding and the squad look really together, they must absolutely love playing for him, it must be amazing going into training compared to last years farce and Stevie G is coaching you, its clear he cracks the whip but respect must be total, the new boys also saying to a man he was massive in their decision to come, so much more to come, we're still in infancy in terms of where Stevie can take us, when Stevie says he's building something special here, I believe him, what a prospect.

As others have said, great post mate.

2 hours ago, plumbGER said:

As others have said, great post mate.

Rambling excitement mate, first time in years I've felt genuinely excited about our prospects and future, theres been times when i wondered if I'd get to see us pull ourselves out of fuck street and get back to what we are - Scotland's preeminent club.

Its only a matter of time mate, its coming., I truly think SG is building something special, 2 more windows to find the right quality in one or two positions and he will win trophies for Rangers.

Never has a fan base remained so loyal and so deserved the success thats coming.

34 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Great post WWFR?....seen an advert for the game somewhere, Villareal v Steven Gerrards Rangers,lol....guess Glasgow has been put to bed?

aye was reading an article in the English broadsheet paper which was going with Steven Gerrard's Rangers, thing is though, it was glowing about us, really positive, SG is a world football icon, he being here will bring us to the attention of millions around the world and can only be a positive for us.

1 minute ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

aye was reading an article in the English broadsheet paper which was going with Steven Gerrard's Rangers, thing is though, it was glowing about us, really positive, SG is a world football icon, he being here will bring us to the attention of millions around the world and can only be a positive for us.

100% right mate?

To think many wanted McInnes, then for a while even more wanted Murty full time, then plenty wanted a scum supporter in Clarke. Fucking masterstroke for us to bring Gerrard in and frightening as fuck to think what we could have ended up with instead.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

To think many wanted McInnes, then for a while even more wanted Murty full time, then plenty wanted a scum supporter in Clarke. Fucking masterstroke for us to bring Gerrard in and frightening as fuck to think what we could have ended up with instead.

you just gave me the heebie jeebies.

37 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Rambling excitement mate, first time in years I've felt genuinely excited about our prospects and future, theres been times when i wondered if I'd get to see us pull ourselves out of fuck street and get back to what we are - Scotland's preeminent club.

Its only a matter of time mate, its coming., I truly think SG is building something special, 2 more windows to find the right quality in one or positions and he will win trophies for Rangers.

Never has a fan base remained so loyal and so deserved the success thats coming.

You can see the excitement in your posts mate, tremendous that Stevie and his team has you (and all of us) believing again, moreso in the short time period he has been here and the fact he is on record as saying this is a project and he is on a  4 year deal.

Yes mate, we are as loyal a group of fans you will find anywhere in the world, truly remarkable the attendances we were getting from the 3rd division all the way back (boycotts excluded)

It's my boy I am excited most for mate, he is old enough to just remember the Lafferty Killie game and the party afterwards and his game he really got hooked was the Jelavic goal game V them at Hampden to win the league cup. But we have been faithful going to most the games all through the lower reaches of Scottish football and we even seen Annan beat us at Ibrox but never once has he not wanted to go back. He deserves to witness for himself the stuff we have been fortunate enough to be raised on.

10 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

I love the wee smile when he imagines us being "ruthless for 90mins"....:dance:

Noticed that.  It's really hard not to love the wee scoueser.

I really believe he is the man that's going to bring us 55.  

16 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

When SG talks of the players having self belief .... it reminds me of Bill Shankly's words ..... "A lot of football success is in the mind, you must believe that you are the best and then make sure that you are".

I think SG has some of Shankly's determination and no nonsense attitude ... I think he transferred those attributes to the players last night, as it was a great second half performance.

:UK:

He emphasises 'focus & concentration' in that clip, then goes on to mention 'mentality'.  

Get the impression the players are being moulded as much in their mindsets as they are in actually setting up & playing. 

Well & truly on the right path this season.

16 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

He emphasises 'focus & concentration' in that clip, then goes on to mention 'mentality'.  

Get the impression the players are being moulded as much in their mindsets as they are in actually setting up & playing. 

Well & truly on the right path this season.

?

Spot on mate ..... Sports psychology has been around for quite some time now,  and is considered part of the development of a player that most successful managers encourage to instil a winning mentality .... as you say, "well and truly on the right path this season".

SG seems to be an advocate of this philosophy and I'm sure it has been a part of his playing career that he is passing on to the team today.

We have had more than a few successful managers who could instil this attitude and I hope SG is going to continue the trend.

58 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

?

Spot on mate ..... Sports psychology has been around for quite some time now,  and is considered part of the development of a player that most successful managers encourage to instil a winning mentality .... as you say, "well and truly on the right path this season".

SG seems to be an advocate of this philosophy and I'm sure it has been a part of his playing career that he is passing on to the team today.

We have had more than a few successful managers who could instil this attitude and I hope SG is going to continue the trend.

Agreed.  

Heres hoping. 

One of my mates bumped in to Middleton in a shoe shop at Silverburn today. Asked him how he's enjoying things under Gerrard and he just raised his eyebrows and blew air out of his mouth in a kind of wow fashion. Says each and every player is just buzzing. Good times.