Gerarrds Fault

berkshirebear

52 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

‘He did nothing to influence it’ followed By ‘we did make subs and started to create chances again’ 

so basically SG did what you wanted but still your angry! Go figure! 

He left it too late, and he's made this mistake repeatedly...

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

I think it was after the St Mirren game that I compared what we are doing now to Klopp when he first went to Liverpool in the sense that even though some results weren’t the best if you looked at the bigger picture you could see that they were actually going in the right direction and I think that’s sort of where we are now. 

On the positive side our record at home is strong, we are doing well in Europe and we have a stronger squad than we did last year or the great before but on the flip side we are piss poor away from home, we keep conceding sloppy goals and we still have players playing bigger roles for us than there talent suggests that they should.

We are very much a work in progress.

You say it better.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think it was after the St Mirren game that I compared what we are doing now to Klopp when he first went to Liverpool in the sense that even though some results weren’t the best if you looked at the bigger picture you could see that they were actually going in the right direction and I think that’s sort of where we are now. 

On the positive side our record at home is strong, we are doing well in Europe and we have a stronger squad than we did last year or the great before but on the flip side we are piss poor away from home, we keep conceding sloppy goals and we still have players playing bigger roles for us than there talent suggests that they should.

We are very much a work in progress.

100% as is said he will need  3-4 windows to get us where we want to be because we cant afford to be spending millions upon millions at one go. 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

It wasn't ever going to be fixed in one window. We will genuinely need to.have patience 

thats it mate,  i knew from the start the guy would need time, people are saying we have spent millions, 9 million ? thats fuck all in todays game.  spartak have spent 95 or something in that region,  and the fact that were fucking seething about a defeat to them in a game we should have won comfortably if our defence turns up.  for what he has spent and players he's got on loan, i see progress, SG knows what he wants and whos not preforming for him, yes he could make subs quicker, change things but he cant be blamed for some of those individual errors. i really do think he will get us up and running to a very good standard again if we stick with him.  

Just now, Virtuoso said:

Said at the time failure to beat Spartak at home would be the game that comes back to haunt us.

Gerrad's managerial faults are starting to show but how long does his 'honeymoon period' last...

he has been in the job 5 months or something.  imo 3-4 transfer windows, we cant keep on chopping changing managers. instant success aint coming, we need to stick with a manager this time. 

3 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

they will have players identified already. 

I have no doubt that they will have but January still isn’t necessarily the best time to move for them.

No club wants to lose their better players in January when they only have four weeks to replace them which often means having to pay more than they are worth and if it’s a player out of favour somewhere else that signs then there is usually a reason that they haven’t been playing. 

I’ve said it a couple of times but I think Steven Davis is an absolute stick on to sign in January. 

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

I have no doubt that they will have but January still isn’t the best time to move for them.

No club wants to lose their better players in January when they only have four weeks to replace them which often means having to pay more than they are worth and if it’s a player out of favour then usually there is a reason that they aren’t playing. 

I’ve said it a couple of times but I think Steven Davis is an absolute stick on to sign in January. 

id take him

3 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

id take him

A few months ago I would have said no but now I’m starting to think he would be a sensible pick up, especially because we would be likely to get him for free.

I’m not getting into what he did in 2012 because it’s been done to death already but although he isn’t the same player he was in 2012 his leadership could be invaluable to us in the middle of the park because it’s clear we are a bit rudderless there at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

It wasn't ever going to be fixed in one window. We will genuinely need to.have patience 

?

Spot on mate .... spot on.

As disappointing as last night's team's defensive performance was and the way we conceded every goal ... the only positive is if we give the man the time to get it right ...  we can't keep changing managers and squads every time we have a bad performance .... our financial position is not capable of sustaining this approach.

SG and his crew need time  .... and although criticism on how he performs in his role is due .... it has to be balanced.

:UK: 

1 minute ago, docspiderman said:

Midfield is a huge problem; we have  mainly  mediocre  players and past their sell by date players without bringing in another from the past.

we have not spent one penny on transfers in Midfield and it shows.

13 hours ago, ben51 said:

You cannot account for how shite individual players are/were. 

The defence and midfield were absolutely chronic. 

Again, you could critique his lack of urgency when it came to substitutions. But the players badly let him down. 

Yes the players were bad but by not making substitutions to correct the most obvious problems we ended up losing a match we could have won.

Flannagan was so bad a blind man could have seen it, he should have been pulled at Half-time and Halliday brought on. 

In midfield Ejaria and Coulibaly were both ineffective with both or either needing hooked within 10 minutes of the restart and replaced with Jack and Grezda.

Any change might have made a difference and of course if Morelos hadn't had a stunning goal chopped off then who knows what could have happened.

Gerrard needs to take a good hard look at some of his players and himself.

scoring 4 in the first half against spartak, tho the 4th didnt count due to a error from the linesman and losing that game is hard to take but fuck me, surely people can see we are making great progress. heading in the right direction, individual errors cost us last night, players switching off ffs. hard one to take but we are heading in the right direction.  probably get slated for this, SG has a full squad to pick from last night, we get the result. as bad as our  defence was last night i thot we where unlucky not take something from this game.