Grezda

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

Are you telling me you watched sebo for instance and thought he is some player....Away boil yer heed ya nut job...it doesn't take a genius to spot when a player has limited ability and not up to playing for Rangers, my point stands with Grezda I have seen nothing about him that makes me think he will do a job for us

Far too early to come to this conclusion surely. Mark hateley, for example, was utter dog shit after playing far more games than grezda according to most of our support back then. I even know one bloke who I wont embarrass who honestly declared laudrup  a dud after 2 games. And it wasn't chick young.

6 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Are you telling me you watched sebo for instance and thought he is some player....Away boil yer heed ya nut job...it doesn't take a genius to spot when a player has limited ability and not up to playing for Rangers, my point stands with Grezda I have seen nothing about him that makes me think he will do a job for us

Stevie fucking wonder could see Sebo was pish ya moon unit,but you the mad gifted talent spotter had a 'hunch'.

Geez fucking peace :lol:

Undecided, he doesn't look better than Candias,  doesn't cover the ground as well or break up play as well as Candias.  He does seem to be better with the ball at his feet though.

Really not seen him keep a place for any length of time which suggests Gerrard doesn't trust him too much.

I'm murder for writing players off early doors but to me he doesn't look like a natural football player. It's in the way he moves. Something ungainly and quite awkward about him. Doesn't look to possess much power.

First time I seen him up close was a euro game I think. Shook my head and said to my mate almost immediately after he came on "nah".

Really hope I'm wrong and he makes me look like daft though.

4 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Undecided, he doesn't look better than Candias,  doesn't cover the ground as well or break up play as well as Candias.  He does seem to be better with the ball at his feet though.

Really not seen him keep a place for any length of time which suggests Gerrard doesn't trust him too much.

A fair enough assessment but the reason he hasn't kept his place may have been that he wasn't up to speed fitness wise when he arrived then he got injured after Christmas again. Or you could be right, hopefully not.

Dont think he will do the graft that candieas does but tbh id rather my winger effect the final 3rd. I was impressed by his movement Saturday and willingness to get in the box. The 3v2 situation we had was kents fault. Passed way too soon. Id be starting grezda v that lot. Candieas has shown multiple times he is tierneys bitch. Get grezda on the left and lets see how the 25m defender does vs kent.

21 minutes ago, Smile said:

You have to remember Grezda was out 18 months before he signed for us he was never going to hit the ground running after being out so long.

Out for 18 months and still managed to play 37 games for Osijek last season? Some player.

4 minutes ago, Cos88 said:

Out for 18 months and still managed to play 37 games for Osijek last season? Some player.

I actually read that he was out injured for 18 months must have been bad information.

Played 8 games last season and a handful the year before it only looks like he's played 20 games since 2016.

12 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Grezda maybe katic yes barisic 100% wont.

I think they can they have come from a different type of football altogether and are learning, injuries and in Katic case, a family illness/bereavement has hampered things for them.

Another topic on another winger that will probably end with folk saying get rid of him he's shite. At this rate with the amount of players folk want rid of we'll need to bring in 19 players again and then start moaning we've not addressed the problems of last season. 

My views on candeias and grezda is they are adequate squad players, grezda needs more time to settle and get over his injuries before being properly judged. 

Kent although he's dipped in form would still be an excellent signing if we can afford it but we're stock piling wingers as it is. 

Middleton needs to go out on loan next season (added this in before another topic was made).

4 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Another topic on another winger that will probably end with folk saying get rid of him he's shite. At this rate with the amount of players folk want rid of we'll need to bring in 19 players again and then start moaning we've not addressed the problems of last season. 

My views on candeias and grezda is they are adequate squad players, grezda needs more time to settle and get over his injuries before being properly judged. 

Kent although he's dipped in form would still be an excellent signing if we can afford it but we're stock piling wingers as it is. 

Middleton needs to go out on loan next season (added this in before another topic was made).

Kent for me would be an excellent impact sub, I think he's had more games than he expected this year and looks tired now as he's never played this many games Goldson could be another who needs a break.

I haven't fancied him at all when I've seen him. I didn't get to see the game at the weekend and only watched the highlights, but I though he looked much better. Nippy and quick to get to the ball first, getting into scoring positions and hungry in the box, screaming at Defoe when he didn't square the ball toward the end. Ultimately he needs to stay fit and get game time so we can judge him fairly, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was a flop. I really hope I'm wrong. 

Just now, Smile said:

Kent for me would be an excellent impact sub, I think he's had more games than he expected this year and looks tired now as he's never played this many games Goldson could be another who needs a break.

We've played a lot of games which is probably why our season is fizzling out and you're right a few do need a rest.

I think he is a decent player and should be given a run in the team or what's the point. I liked the fact he was offering an option inside the box and making runs level with the strikers and gambling on a run or pass. We need to stop being so predictable and think he could be one of those players that you never quite know what he's gonna do. 

2 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

We've played a lot of games which is probably why our season is fizzling out and you're right a few do need a rest.

We should have mixed it up more during the easier games and we would have got a lot more out this squad.

48 minutes ago, Sket said:

Stevie fucking wonder could see Sebo was pish ya moon unit,but you the mad gifted talent spotter had a 'hunch'.

Geez fucking peace :lol:

What you on about, I answered a point that I've seen enough of Grezda in the same context with other players over the years...you are waffling on about been psychic which I never claimed,  if you can't have a reasoned debate then quote someone else with your bullshit.

31 minutes ago, Smile said:

Played 8 games last season and a handful the year before it only looks like he's played 20 games since 2016.

If that’s the case then questions should be asked as to why we spent 2 million pounds on a player who’s barely been fit for two years.

4 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Spot on and for me McCrorie should've been played a lot more than he has. He's the only midfielder we have that is naturally physical and gives us more weight in the middle of the park. 

8 minutes ago, Smile said:

We should have mixed it up more during the easier games and we would have got a lot more out this squad.

Just now, DBBTB said:

If that’s the case then questions should be asked as to why we spent 2 million pounds on a player who’s barely been fit for two years.

He's played 18 games for us so far and twenty games before that since 2016 someone must have recommended him.