Midfielders/Wingers

Most will agree that we're not getting enough out our midfielders and that our Wingers don't chip in with enough goals but are we just stock piling midfielders and wingers without actually adding anymore quality. I say this off the back of the Kamara and Jones signings with the reported rumours about being interested in Shinnie also.

Come the summer when all loan deals have ended this will be our midfield and winger options:

Midfield- Dorrans, Jack, Halliday(will be a better Lb option), McCrorie, Kamara, Arfield, Docherty, Holt, Rossiter. 

Wingers- Murphy, Candeias, Grezda, Middleton, Jones, Dodoo. 

For me signing Kamara, Jones and possibly Shinnie isn't adding anything new or improved to the squad we already have and we will still need to address these areas in the summer.

Agree with most of this........ we need to add some real quality to the midfield next season.... the club are going to have to splash the cash to attract the calibre of player we need going forward.

Also need a top class finisher if AM moves on..... and it wont be cheap or easy to replace the wee Colombian.

Whatever budget we have should be spent on 1/2 players of real quality. (Maybe 3 or 4 if Alfie goes). Absolutely no problem with bulking up the squad with frees / loans. The first time in a long time the squad doesn't need a complete overhaul. 

A fit Dorrans and Murphy could have been the difference so in that respect we were unlucky but father time probably has caught up with Dorrans. Kamara is just a slight upgrade on Ejaria nothing more. We really do need a marquee midfielder and right winger but that will come at the expense of selling our best player which then creates another problem.

Our problem is that we're supposed to be playing a 4-3-3 system, but it's more 4-5-1 or at best 4-4-1-1.

Candeias and Kent should be playing closer to Morelos but instead play closer to our wings linking up with our wing backs. They should be closer to the corners of the 18yrd box corners rather than the wings. If they were further in field, the could link up better with Morelos and our CM's. Let the wing backs provide the width with through balls to them from the opposite side of the field, Kent to Tav, Candeias to whoever is playing left back. Would also gie them the options to link with the midfield. Kent tries it, but Candeias is always on the wing, he rarely cuts in. A lot of that comes from trying to cover Tavs inability to get back onto RB when we lose possession though... 

Just my opinion... 

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Agree with most of this........ we need to add some real quality to the midfield next season.... the club are going to have to splash the cash to attract the calibre of player we need going forward.

Also need a top class finisher if AM moves on..... and it wont be cheap or easy to replace the wee Colombian.

We still need to sign Kent too. Hopefully Liverpool are easy to deal with. He has no chance of breaking into their midfield. It's annoying that back when we were in the 2nd division Wallace was our best player so we missed out on Robertson... 

9 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

We still need to sign Kent too. Hopefully Liverpool are easy to deal with. He has no chance of breaking into their midfield. It's annoying that back when we were in the 2nd division Wallace was our best player so we missed out on Robertson... 

Yeah, I hope we sign Kent too ....... but I wouldn't go over 3 million for him.Good player that can and will improve with game time.

16 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Our problem is that we're supposed to be playing a 4-3-3 system, but it's more 4-5-1 or at best 4-4-1-1.

Candeias and Kent should be playing closer to Morelos but instead play closer to our wings linking up with our wing backs. They should be closer to the corners of the 18yrd box corners rather than the wings. If they were further in field, the could link up better with Morelos and our CM's. Let the wing backs provide the width with through balls to them from the opposite side of the field, Kent to Tav, Candeias to whoever is playing left back. Would also gie them the options to link with the midfield. Kent tries it, but Candeias is always on the wing, he rarely cuts in. A lot of that comes from trying to cover Tavs inability to get back onto RB when we lose possession though... 

Just my opinion... 

Grezda seemed to be playing a little more inside when he came on I thought.

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Grezda seemed to be playing a little more inside when he came on I thought.

He does seem that if he can get a run of games he could be a better option than Candeias. He'd shown he can take a kicking too so if he could bulk up he could be a good player. We need a better wingback than Tav or if Tav could just get back when we lose the ball he could be a much better player. He offerers a lot going forward, but almost nothing in defence. He should have been back helping Goldson not just against Killie but most other teams. He's too lasy at getting back which is brutal as he seems one of our most fittest players. 

6 minutes ago, Iggy666 said:

Might be a bit of insane thinking, but if Villarreal get relegated, I'd love it if we tried to get Cazorla in. He's the type of quality we need.

Way out of our price range, they are still in the UEFA Cup. Would be brilliant if we could get a player of his quality in but I'm sure he won't have taken much, if any of a wage drop when he left Arsenal. 

4 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

He does seem that if he can get a run of games he could be a better option than Candeias. He'd shown he can take a kicking too so if he could bulk up he could be a good player. We need a better wingback than Tav or if Tav could just get back when we lose the ball he could be a much better player. He offerers a lot going forward, but almost nothing in defence. He should have been back helping Goldson not just against Killie but most other teams. He's too lasy at getting back which is brutal as he seems one of our most fittest players. 

Candeias is decent but he is running on fumes. Even the gaffer admitted it. 

4 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Candeias isn't fit enough? 😂

Only game I've seen him play with the fitness needed for the system we're supposed to be playing was against the taigs at Ibrox. They were as bad as we were in that game as we were at their dump. Not having enough fans has seemed to affect both our teams away to each other. We will struggle at the piggery after the break unless we get an early goal and hold it long enough to turn their fans against them. Lemmon will have them fired up to fuck against us. He done it with Hivs, he hates us. He knows what is needed in a game like that more than Gerrard does. Only Mcgregor. Halliday and the "Machine" or "monster" or whatever it was he called him know what's needed in that game. Their fans will give them the same backing our fans gave us at Ibrox. If we don't turn up for this game it could be a long day. Getting the first goal is soooo important. 

4 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Only game I've seen him play with the fitness needed for the system we're supposed to be playing was against the taigs at Ibrox. They were as bad as we were in that game as we were at their dump. Not having enough fans has seemed to affect both our teams away to each other. We will struggle at the piggery after the break unless we get an early goal and hold it long enough to turn their fans against them. Lemmon will have them fired up to fuck against us. He done it with Hivs, he hates us. He knows what is needed in a game like that more than Gerrard does. Only Mcgregor. Halliday and the "Machine" or "monster" or whatever it was he called him know what's needed in that game. Their fans will give them the same backing our fans gave us at Ibrox. If we don't turn up for this game it could be a long day. Getting the first goal is soooo important. 

Right, I'm not sure what that has to do with anything but OK

Fitness isn't an issue for Candeias

53 minutes ago, Iggy666 said:

Might be a bit of insane thinking, but if Villarreal get relegated, I'd love it if we tried to get Cazorla in. He's the type of quality we need.

Gareth Bales not having the best of times either a wee cheeky bid would see him at our club as well I'm sure.

1 minute ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Cba trying to find it. But I guarantee that others seen it too. Said he was running on fumes. 

A player who does the amount of running he does, in the amount of games he has played in 'running on fumes' doesn't mean he isn't fit enough