Tavernier

G.E.C.

3 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Provwd my point about idiots. There are others out there with just as bad a record out there as Tav but you songle him out and would punt him.

3 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Provwd my point about idiots. There are others out there with just as bad a record out there as Tav but you songle him out and would punt him.

Singled out tavernier as this was a thread dedicated to the player, what was that you were saying about idiots??  Point proven.  Shall give my opinions on others in the appropriate threads rather than derail this one 

Here you go @GOAT bud,  this is the thread i am talking about 🙂

What does he contribute?  His crossings shite, passings shite and defending worse than shite.  It’s ok though he can hit a penalty every now and again. 

In regards to this post, it's just blatantly untrue.  

It's been said so many times but it's because it's true - if his all round game was top notch he wouldn't be playing in Scotland.

His contribution in an attacking sense is unquestionable.

We'd miss him if he was sold.

20 hours ago, gogzy said:

You spout some shite man.

Fuck, don't I know it! I even spend a lot of time on spouting my shite. I am a bit of a knee jerker. Not that anyone would notice.

In the cold light of day, he has contributed much and been a good servant.

I'm not a lover of his defensive qualities or him being captain, but there's something not right with him these days. I remember him gliding past past players, working well with Candieas, great dead balls and cross balls, but it's now pretty much disappeared imo. His endeavor is still there and he's fucked by the end of a game, but all that good stuff has diminished. Don't know why. Is it how the team is set up? Is it the burden of captaincy? Is he being asked to do too much?  Does he want away? Don't know.

Is he what we need going forward? At this point in time it's a no from me. I want a defender who can defend first. That's just me. We are pretty much a one dimensional outfit with the outball to Mo. That's not Tav's fault. I think Gerrard needs to change the system and that may equate to a different role for Tav, as the dynamic of the whole team would change.

Thus far I say we have improved and I have much more faith in this team. All have contributed to that. We miss that cutting edge of course and that aint Tav's fault.

There are players we demand more from, normally the better ones and Tav is one of them. Being captain, he's now just an easier target. We are world champions at scapegoating in defeat, probably in our being so desperate for success being bereft of it for so long.

We are changing for the better imo, but next season will be the test of that.

At the end of the day, none of them go out there to play shite and get beat, but to give their best and win. We do tend to ignore that on defeat.

I like Tav and applaud his effort at times but never a captain and a poor defender he has improved with Candeias down that side but now Candeias is struggling he's gone back to the form that made me think even in the championship he was an easy target for coaches to get goals.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

I like Tav and applaud his effort at times but never a captain and a poor defender he has improved with Candeias down that side but now Candeias is struggling he's gone back to the form that made me think even in the championship he was  an easy target for coaches to get goals.

The Candeias effect is the most overrated thing in the world. 

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

I'm not a lover of his defensive qualities or him being captain, but there's something not right with him these days. I remember him gliding past past players, working well with Candieas, great dead balls and cross balls, but it's now pretty much disappeared imo. His endeavor is still there and he's fucked by the end of a game, but all that good stuff has diminished. Don't know why. Is it how the team is set up? Is it the burden of captaincy? Is he being asked to do too much?  Does he want away? Don't know.

I think he’s one of a few who are just out on their feet at this point. He’s played nearly minute of every game this season and we’ve had a long season.

Tav, Candeias, Jack, Morelos & Goldson have made the most appearances this season (outfield) and IMO every single one of them are showing signs that it’s catching up with them now.

Just now, DBBTB said:

I think he’s one of a few who are just out on their feet at this point. He’s played nearly minute of every game this season and we’ve had a long season.

Tav, Candeias, Jack, Morelos & Goldson have made the most appearances this season (outfield) and IMO every single one of them are showing signs that it’s catching up with them now.

Combine that with those who have never played this number of top level games, ie Kent, Worrall, Goldson and it's clear to see it's been too long a season already for some. They will benefit from this season, but it's too much too soon for a number of them.

8 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

You're most probably right. It's been a long hard season and when you have to dig deep to dig out a result and it doesn't happen, it weighs even heavier.

Being Rangers supporters we do have big expectations and as I said, so desperate for success. It's so easy to be hypercritical in defeat.

On reflection, the guys on the park do give it their all and we can respect them all for that. Mistakes and all.

11 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Agreed.  I liked the partnership he was forming with Kent yesterday,  they had a couple of really good moves together, and he set kent up for the goal.  He is knackered though, and it might not be the worst idea to give him a match or two off,  which is harder now with morelos and halliday being banned, and probably kent too.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Without that error he would have got an 8 or 9/10 for his performance. The error was huge and was unforgivable.

Such a strong word   I'll forgive him eventually.   :lol:

8 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

You're most probably right. It's been a long hard season and when you have to dig deep to dig out a result and it doesn't happen, it weighs even heavier.

Being Rangers supporters we do have big expectations and as I said, so desperate for success. It's so easy to be hypercritical in defeat.

On reflection, the guys on the park do give it their all and we can respect them all for that. Mistakes and all.

I think this season will  be a learning curve for a lot of them.

The wheels are coming off a bit now but with things like playing in Europe and going into games like the one yesterday where there is a genuine expectation that we should get a result rather than the defeatist attitude of I hope it’s not 4 or 5 of recent years.

It’s why I think Gerrard should still be in charge next season. I can acknowledge the mistakes, but I think we have something to build on now and that’s the first time I’ve thought that for years.

16 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

12 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Combine that with those who have never played this number of top level games, ie Kent, Worrall, Goldson and it's clear to see it's been too long a season already for some. They will benefit from this season, but it's too much too soon for a number of them.

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Agreed.  I liked the partnership he was forming with Kent yesterday,  they had a couple of really good moves together, and he set kent up for the goal.  He is knackered though, and it might not be the worst idea to give him a match or two off,  which is harder now with morelos and halliday being banned, and probably kent too.

This is why I'm not totally against signing guys like Stewart, Jones etc.

They help take the load off other players, give us other options for games against the smaller sides and I bet you the team won't be as exhausted this time next season.

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Without that error he would have got an 8 or 9/10 for his performance. The error was huge and was unforgivable.

I was going to say something similar, he dragged us back into the game pretty much. Was driving people forward every time I saw him. 

That pass was absolutely atrocious though. 

47 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Not sure I can get on board with this. 

He is 28. In his prime. He is just off the back of an international break. They had the winter break too. He might have played every game but, just to paraphrase the old magic hat, his loading should have been managed. 

I can understand that at the end of a single game where he has run himself into the ground he can be open to an error due to fatigue.

But the total amount of games shouldn’t be a factor anymore. Perhaps before Christmas wth the Thursday Sunday loading but not now.