Are we a better team with Defoe rather than Morelos?

AlCapone

Are we better with Defoe?  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Are we better with Defoe

• Yes
    • No
    • The same

5 hours ago, gmcf said:

Difficult to compare , but I'd say Defoe edges it . 

Morelos is definetely the better player but can you rely on him ? The thing with Defoe is he brings into play other players . I think for example , Scot Arfield is much more prominent when Defoe is leading the line than Morelos. 

It’s so sad to see so many people willing to write off what we’re getting to, yes it’s frustrating but the signs are there, we are improving, we will sign better players next season and I honestly believe we’re not that far behind. They won’t improve over the summer in fact if anyone’s they will regress 

2 minutes ago, Sket said:

I wouldnt look too much into these games tbh,the league is over so they're meaningless. It's easy to win when there's no pressure.

And stop fucking calling Morelos Mo ffs.

It's embarrassing like what the Fenians always do with their players.

What I have noticed is after every win we have had with Morelos not in the team since his suspension on social media he always posts a pic of himself but never one congratulating the team...crys out attention seeker and a bit selfish in all honesty. Or I may be looking into it too much...  

11 hours ago, Vanoli said:

Completely unfair. The manager should have made the adjustments he has now months ago, without them being necessitated by losing our best player. We’ve played side to side, in straight lines all season with neither our wingers or midfield anywhere near Morelos all season. The fact Morelos can ragdoll and entire defence on his own is cited as one of his biggest strengths, but he shouldn’t ever have to at this level. I’m glad we’ve made the right adjustments and are reaping the rewards for it, but Gerrard only making them now has seen us draw far to many games. It’s cost us ultimately. 

And that should end the thread. 👍👍

2 hours ago, siamthedanger said:

What I have noticed is after every win we have had with Morelos not in the team since his suspension on social media he always posts a pic of himself but never one congratulating the team...crys out attention seeker and a bit selfish in all honesty. Or I may be looking into it too much...  

You answered your own stupid question. 

I fucking love Morelos so much and I always back him up even when he is in wrong but I have to say that we have been playing better without him but that’s just cause other players aren’t relying on him to do everything. Players are stepping up more when he isn’t playing.

Just thinking about this again today and I’d be willing to wager if Gerrard hadn’t been so persistent with our style of play when Morelos served his ban after Aberdeen game then we’d still be in a title race with Defoe or Morelos up top. 

The system has been brilliant to watch and it’s working incredibly well. 

On 20/04/2019 at 15:16, Courtyard Bear said:

No, you can’t compare the 2 as we have changed the way we play to suit Defoe. 

Play that way with Mo in the team and he scores 40 goals a season. 

He didn't ask to compare the players he asked to compare the way the team plays. By your response suggests you think the team plays better without morelos which even a moron could see. 

42 minutes ago, Davhow said:

He didn't ask to compare the players he asked to compare the way the team plays. By your response suggests you think the team plays better without morelos which even a moron could see. 

He asked if the team was better with Defoe or Mo. There’s a bloody poll ffs  

They are playing in a different formation so it isn’t comparable, no idea what you find hard to understand about that. 

7 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

The system has been brilliant to watch and it’s working incredibly well.

The team look more balanced as a unit (easy on the eye) and pose a real credible threat to any opposition atm however there is no doubt should/ if/ when Morelos leaves, the squad will be significantly weaker. Hopefully SG and MA can come up with a credible replacement when this need calls... 

On 20/04/2019 at 20:03, Blue Avenger said:

Nope. We simply weren't good enough. How many draws playing against dross? And that was with Morelos.

We were as one dimensional as the results show. The oppo simply closed him down by fair or fould means. Not hard not to win when you are a one player team. Defensively we have the second best record in the league. No matter how many you score, it's the missed opportunities that rue the day. 

We are playing better because it is a different system. 

Results over the season don't lie. You cannot conrinue doing the same thing and expect a different result.

He done well, but doesn't want be here, so he is not the future, so time to move on. The club are important not him.

We need titles, not an enigma. 

21 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

All pretty pointless argung over a fucking player who doesn't even want to be here. He is NOT our future. Matters not one fuck which of them we are better with.. It can't be proven. We only know we didn't win the title with him. Argue for the next ten fucking years and it will make no difference. He is toast. He is providing the funding for our future.

Time for some to get fucking over it and start thinkng club first.

20 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Utter tosh, but don't let the facts stand in the way of a good narrative. My dug could rag doll an entire defence with the shit that plays up here. Morelos has proven repeatedly he can play with no one.

We are now playing to Defoe strengths, just like he did with Morelos as we should and we are getting rewards. Must fucking kill you when we win without Morelos.

Defoe is an intelligent player and a team one at that.

Morelos doesn't want to be here, so I don't know wtf you will do when he's off, but heh keep bummng him up and blaming every other cunt for a player who doesn't want to be here. Makes a lot of sense.

Imagine hating a player like this over absolutely hee haw :lol: