Gers Season Tickets Hit Record Levels

Ace

As much as I would love the stadium to be expanded, the time is not now. 

We need to concentrate on winning the league, pure and simple. We get back to winning the league consistently and then see where demand is for tickets. 

Even after all that, would still struggle to fund it

Great again by the supporters as we show our loyalty.    

14,000 on the waiting list?    That's a hell of a lot of money we are losing,   Fill the corners in properly and get the attendance up by another at least another 7 or 8.000 . 6000 paying customers alone at  £450 is £2.7m so think of the revenue we would / will lose over the next decade because Ibrox only holds a little over 50,000.

Yes money is very tight but surly the 3 bears and King could pay for it and take it back off the club every year at a very low interest rate  as it would pay for itself in no time.  

I think Ibrox is an amazing stadium and this would improve it no ends .

3 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

14,000 on the waiting list?    That's a hell of a lot of money we are losing,   Fill the corners in properly and get tha attendance up by another 7 or 8.000 as 6000 paying £450 is £2.7m so think of the revenue we would will lose over the next decade because Ibrox only holds a little over 50,000.

Yes money is very tight but surly the 3 bears and King could pay for it and take it back off the club every year at a very low interest rate over the coming years, as I think Ibrox is an amazing stadium and this would improve it no ends .

Can we remove the screens and put seats in though, thought the screens had supports for roof etc behind them

20 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

I like Ibrox the way it is 

I love Ibrox the way it is, like most bears in their late 40's I watched it being built as a kid, but doing the corners properly need not change Ibrox much,  Those screens are a bloody waste of time and could go above the Copland and broomloan stands or put them hanging from each corners roof,  but this is something the club must explore in the very near future as the demand is there,  

Even do one corner Copland/Govan in the next few seasons with an aim to doing the other one in say 3 to 5 seasons after that.  

6 minutes ago, quabba said:

Can we remove the screens and put seats in though, thought the screens had supports for roof etc behind them

Need to start again from scratch if it comes to it .   As it need to join up the Copland and govan rear stands so would be much further back also.     

But we are losing say £6m a season , the question is how much does it cost ?   

3 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Need to start again from scratch if it comes to it .   As it need to join up the Copland and govan rear stands so would be much further back also.     

But we are losing say £6m a season , the question is how much does it cost ?   

I agree with you mate and would love to see it happen. The screens are a joke. 

Obviously it's going to be the cost that's the stumbling block, the board and probably most of the support would want all the cash going on the team at the moment and probably quite rightly so.

In an ideal world expanding the stadium is a no brainer but depending on the extent of the work it could be a huge cost if we need to knock sections down to start again. How much would such a project cost  more or less than £30 million??? I do think at some point we need to seriously consider it as the extra revenue would be massive. 

21 hours ago, TheCutch said:

And we fund this how? 

That's the most predictable reply , We know what it is . The current board could never come up with the funds, It was a reply to how do we do it.

The business plan for the Anfield Main Stand expansion worked on the basis of there being around 6000 premium priced hospitality tickets that would generate a return on investment in 10 years.      Even at Liverpool the planned expansion of The Anfield Road stand with another 8000 seats is on hold, simply because the timescale for the return on investment would be much longer because those 8000 seats would be general admission prices.  

If we were to expand Ibrox to say 60000 that would be another 10000 general admission tickets with the associated 25yr+ timescale for a return on the investment. If we could sell 5000 corporate tickets for £300+ each match I am sure we would be expanding soon.    

Much as I would like us to be playing in front of 60-65000 each week, the current finances of The Club and the Scottish game in general would never generate the income to facilitate an expansion.

To put it bluntly we would struggle to afford to buy Ryan Kent for £10 million.

22 hours ago, Copland bear said:

14,000 on the waiting list?    That's a hell of a lot of money we are losing,   Fill the corners in properly and get the attendance up by another at least another 7 or 8.000 . 6000 paying customers alone at  £450 is £2.7m so think of the revenue we would / will lose over the next decade because Ibrox only holds a little over 50,000.

Yes money is very tight but surly the 3 bears and King could pay for it and take it back off the club every year at a very low interest rate  as it would pay for itself in no time.  

I think Ibrox is an amazing stadium and this would improve it no ends .

Going by your figures we would ‘lose’ £27m over ten years - now I don’t know anything about construction costs but can we really get a corner filled in for less than £27m. So in that timescale we would surely lose money? 

Obv there will be non-season ticket matches as well, to factor in.

On 28/06/2019 at 07:38, left winger said:

Going by your figures we would ‘lose’ £27m over ten years - now I don’t know anything about construction costs but can we really get a corner filled in for less than £27m. So in that timescale we would surely lose money? 

Obv there will be non-season ticket matches as well, to factor in.

That's a minimum 6,000 extra  and I think we could get a couple more thousand on that,   You are also forgetting friendlies, Europa league qualifiers, Europa league ( hopefully) Scottish and league cup matches.  

I think we could add another few million onto that figure,  The club would be crazy not to explore it 

11 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

That's a minimum 6,000 extra  and I think we could get a couple more thousand on that,   You are also forgetting friendlies, Europa league qualifiers, Europa league ( hopefully) Scottish and league cup matches.  

I think we could add another few million onto that figure,  The club would be crazy not to explore it 

Absolutely explore it and I wish we had a higher capacity, but I doubt we could afford it. I didn’t forget friendlies,etc, but income there can’t be guaranteed. 

12 minutes ago, left winger said:

Absolutely explore it and I wish we had a higher capacity, but I doubt we could afford it. I didn’t forget friendlies,etc, but income there can’t be guaranteed. 

The Europa league  alone we could be losing  7 full houses and say and extra 7,000 per game . That's  49,000 ticket sales in Europe we are losing and at £25 a qualifier and £120 Europa league package an average ticket would be just over £30 , even at £30 an average ticket we are losing £210k per game just on ticket sales  alone and about £1.5m on Europa league tickets  and qualifiers combined  

Combine that to the season ticket money and the  corners alone have generated just under £4.5m on league and Europe games alone in one season 

we should wait and see what the numbers are after we win 55. if we still have a large waiting list for STs 2-3 seasons after 55 and if we can afford it then yes we should look at expanding the stadium.

i just think 55 is within reach and a lot of people will want to be there to experience it. when we are back to our winning ways you might see some people give up their seats.

also this is Gerrard's 2nd season out of 4 (that he is contracted to). i can't see us keeping him beyond those 4 years. pressure will be on him if we don't get 55 this season. will supporters be demanding STs with who replaces him? 

upgrading the stadium is a huge financial expense and shouldn't be done with absolute confidence, stability, and money in the bank.

45 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

The Europa league  alone we could be losing  7 full houses and say and extra 7,000 per game . That's  49,000 ticket sales in Europe we are losing and at £25 a qualifier and £120 Europa league package an average ticket would be just over £30 , even at £30 an average ticket we are losing £210k per game just on ticket sales  alone and about £1.5m on Europa league tickets  and qualifiers combined  

Combine that to the season ticket money and the  corners alone have generated just under £4.5m on league and Europe games alone in one season 

Yeah, I get all that and I’m on your side with this. But how much will it cost? Can we get a good enough loan and can the board actually afford it? 

45 minutes ago, left winger said:

Yeah, I get all that and I’m on your side with this. But how much will it cost? Can we get a good enough loan and can the board actually afford it? 

That's the 100 dollar question we would all like to know.    They could build first corner between the Copland and govan and make it safe standing.  We could also look into making it 1 whole tier like instead of a front and rear like the Copland and Govanh stands , more like behind the Spurs goal in their new stadium and Dortmund 's stadium is also like this.   

Can you imagine the corners filled in like that ?  Say it cost £20m per section, just a guess figure , surly the board could find £17m from somewhere as they get £3m straight off from season ticket sales , say pay for the  first corner over  5 years  and then build,the second one to complete the stadium and that's paid in say another 5 years time costing a total of £40m over 10 years .

The board need to start thinking long term, yes it would take 10 years to pay off completely,  but the bums on the seats / or standing section  will pay for it not the season ticket holders already at Ibrox who help fund the manager.  

I know it's pie in the sky, but give the board there due, slowly but surly Ibrox is getting back to its old standard ,   Just clean that bloody white thing on the club deck and I would be a happy man 🤣👍 

Amd get the long sleeve home tap oot please 👍

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

That's the 100 dollar question we would all like to know.    They could build first corner between the Copland and govan and make it safe standing.  We could also look into making it 1 whole tier like instead of a front and rear like the Copland and Govanh stands , more like behind the Spurs goal in their new stadium and Dortmund 's stadium is also like this.   

Can you imagine the corners filled in like that ?  Say it cost £20m per section, just a guess figure , surly the board could find £17m from somewhere as they get £3m straight off from season ticket sales , say pay for the  first corner over  5 years  and then build,the second one to complete the stadium and that's paid in say another 5 years time costing a total of £40m over 10 years .

The board need to start thinking long term, yes it would take 10 years to pay off completely,  but the bums on the seats / or standing section  will pay for it not the season ticket holders already at Ibrox who help fund the manager.  

I know it's pie in the sky, but give the board there due, slowly but surly Ibrox is getting back to its old standard ,   Just clean that bloody white thing on the club deck and I would be a happy man 🤣👍 

Amd get the long sleeve home tap oot please 👍

114 (1).gif