Gers Season Tickets Hit Record Levels

Ace

4 hours ago, BlueMe said:

With a waiting list of 14,000 we should be looking at stadium expansion tbh. 

Fuck going £10m or £20m or whatever in debt for that. Until we have that kind of spare cash lying around it shouldn't even be in the thoughts of the board.

Edit: just seen the post. £74m at Anfield for 9000 seats. As I said "fuck that"

1 hour ago, BlueMe said:

There's been a waiting list for the past 4 or 5 seasons i'm sure, although, not 14,000 right enough.

Even adding an extra few hundred seats if possible would generate 100/150k a season. 

Just seems mental that there's 14,000 people willing to put 5/6 million a season into the club when we need the money and we can't use it.

Waiting list has always been a load of shite

3 hours ago, doonald said:

Would it be possible to convert part of one  of the sections to standing room only thereby increasing capacity  and, hopefully, adding  even more to the atmosphere?

There is no increase in standing capacity,H&S insist on the same area as seating per fan.

It's good to see such demand and we should increase capacity if it stays that high. Right now I don't think we should be doing it. Priority is on the pitch and winning trophies. 

We shouldn't be getting our self into debt. Wait until we have a bit of money in the bank and better credit. If demand is still high then we can think about it.

8 hours ago, Dickie said:

Get the mob of Irish builders in that done the paedodome,sorted.

Fuck getting O'Reilly in to do the alterations; Sybil Fawlty is still waiting to get her wall built and that was over forty fucking years ago.

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

And the £40million or so minimum we'd need 

Plus there’s folk moaning about a £2 increase to the match ticket prices of European qualifiers vs last season, so no doubt the fans would be thrilled to hear about the ticket price increases to fund a stadium re-build.

16 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

If all 14,000 paid about £7k each for their seat upfront it might. Likely take 10-15 years to pay off the investment needed on that.

We barely have a credit facility. Who is realistically going to lend us the cash?

When they added the extra Bar72 seats you had to pay 3 years up front. Back then was about 900 per season per ticket so 2.7 up front. So it's been done before.

also

when we did 72 we were then supposed to do the same in the Copland and Broomloan. Three more rows with two bars. They could still do that, would give around 12-1500 seats, total, if I remember correctly.

3 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Plus there’s folk moaning about a £2 increase to the match ticket prices of European qualifiers vs last season, so no doubt the fans would be thrilled to hear about the ticket price increases to fund a stadium re-build.

Aye and season tickets up a score or so wasnt well recieved either 

12 minutes ago, thehost said:

When they added the extra Bar72 seats you had to pay 3 years up front. Back then was about 900 per season per ticket so 2.7 up front. So it's been done before.

also

when we did 72 we were then supposed to do the same in the Copland and Broomloan. Three more rows with two bars. They could still do that, would give around 12-1500 seats, total, if I remember correctly.

It's around 500 per stand so just 1000 extra seats 

I've lost count over the 10 years I've been on this forum how many times this subject has been raised PLUS the amount of times about renaming our ground with a sponsor, and the result is always the same.  Unless we are bought over by some mega-rich Arab consortium who are willing to knock down 3 stands and totally remodel Ibrox, there will never be significant added seating to justify the many millions required to justify it.

If I remember correctly it cost around £20-25 million to build the club deck and that was almost 30 years ago, so imagine what it would cost today. Then you have other problem associated with it, such as narrowing (or shortening) the pitch as they did when the club deck was built because you couldn't see  the sideline from up there.

42 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

In would hope the Board has enough brains to fund any stadium expansion by not just doing the usual and sticking it on the price of an ST. 

Maybe asking too much mind you. 

I've a feeling that many of our supporters have either forgotten or indeed wouldn't have a clue how many different things went into financing the redevelopment of the main stand, especially our supporters who spent a fortune buying debentures to fund it. There is not a snowballs chance in hell of the board financing it.

7 minutes ago, backup said:

Once upon a time The Rangers, or more properly murray came up with a debenture scheme for the benefit of murray, the rest is very bad history for the debenture holders.

You sneaked that fact in before me, backup.