Joe Aribo

dee9

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

Look far more positive when he’s on, he was clearly signed to be a more positive player in our midfield so I’m wondering why we’re still starting 3 defensive mids against nobodies

Might have been a case of just wearing them down. Not giving them anything and then boom in the second half. Honestly didn’t think we were going to be troubled by this lot. 

14 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Look far more positive when he’s on, he was clearly signed to be a more positive player in our midfield so I’m wondering why we’re still starting 3 defensive mids against nobodies

Davis never been a defensive midfielder in his life , Gerrard back playing him to deep , the games arfield was playing just off Defoe that was Davis playing in his proper position hence the top notch performances 

10 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Davis never been a defensive midfielder in his life , Gerrard back playing him to deep , the games arfield was playing just off Defoe that was Davis playing in his proper position hence the top notch performances 

Davis was playing in the same position tonight as he played in the last six games. Him central with Jack and Kamara either side. 

Just now, Gandhi1872 said:

Davis was playing in the same position tonight as he played in the last six games. Him central with Jack and Kamara either side. 

Was back taking the ball off the centre half’s again he’s not effective there he’s more effective further forward 

Very rarely do you see a combo of such strength and grace on the ball. Yes the opposition was fuck all but can you imagine this boy on league duty.

Let's see if the fucking hammer throwers in our league fancy a tussle with this lad.

Hes an absolute gem......can see it a mile away. 

I’m not seeing it yet. Don’t get me wrong, he hasn’t played badly, and he had a nice turn to get out of trouble and his general play was tidy, but all i’m seeing so far is a decent player,  not an excellent one.

I think he will do well, but I think the plaudits are premature, that’s all. 

1 hour ago, Hadron Collider said:

Might have been a case of just wearing them down. Not giving them anything and then boom in the second half. Honestly didn’t think we were going to be troubled by this lot. 

Could be right just don’t think it’s necessary against a team like this to put out 3 midfielders who generally play safe. Kamara does try to drive forward on occasion but for the most part the 3 of them when we’re in possession are just very neat and tidy which is why we look far better when Arfield and hopefully now Aribo are on

45 minutes ago, dee9 said:

Very rarely do you see a combo of such strength and grace on the ball. Yes the opposition was fuck all but can you imagine this boy on league duty.

Let's see if the fucking hammer throwers in our league fancy a tussle with this lad.

Hes an absolute gem......can see it a mile away. 

add to that from what I've seen on videos he enjoys a tackle.....   SG has dug up two gems in him and kamara for next to nothing. 

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

add to that from what I've seen on videos he enjoys a tackle.....   SG has dug up two gems in him and kamara for next to nothing. 

Absolutely mate. Early days but I can't help but feel something is brewing at ibrox this season.

42 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Could be right just don’t think it’s necessary against a team like this to put out 3 midfielders who generally play safe. Kamara does try to drive forward on occasion but for the most part the 3 of them when we’re in possession are just very neat and tidy which is why we look far better when Arfield and hopefully now Aribo are on

Tactics mate. Tactics. Worked perfectly. 

9 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

I’m not seeing it yet. Don’t get me wrong, he hasn’t played badly, and he had a nice turn to get out of trouble and his general play was tidy, but all i’m seeing so far is a decent player,  not an excellent one.

I think he will do well, but I think the plaudits are premature, that’s all. 

Glad I'm not alone on this. Folk are fawning over what so far have been 2 average displays. 

11 hours ago, dee9 said:

Special 

Hasn’t done that much in his two appearances. 

I’d say he looks like he has a combination of great qualities - needs to put it all together over a season before we go over board. 

Yeah I'm struggling to see how you look at him as 'special' after playing a few minutes against a bunch of cleaners and taxi drivers. When he rips Hearts, Aberdeen or the Tarriers to pieces then we can dream of sucking his dick, but now let him settle in without the pressure. 

11 hours ago, GA1972 said:

Gerrard treated it as a pre season tbh and knew that team would have enough.

going forward our midfield 3 against team who just defend could possibly be aribo,arfield,kamara.

obviously different players will play in different games but at least we have plenty of good options.

Archived