Joe Aribo

dee9

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Jb85 said:

Glad i don't have the headache of picking the team each week. Can't decide who i want in midfield. 

It's not easy so I expect a bit of rotation and a horses for courses approach by Gerrard, but my first pick at the moment would be Kamara Davis and Aribo

22 minutes ago, Misteral said:

It's not easy so I expect a bit of rotation and a horses for courses approach by Gerrard, but my first pick at the moment would be Kamara Davis and Aribo

both these guys appear to be a tremendous bit of business at 50k and 250k respectively. 

34 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Tbf, Davis was best player on park today by a country mile.

I agree.  If it was up to me Aribo, Davis, and Kamara, would be our starting midfield three.  I'd have Arfield pushed further forward as I said earlier (assuming Kent doesn't come back).  

Watched him closely from the Copland Road  Stand today and he glides effortlessly  across the pitch.

Seems to know exactly when and where to go, and is very very efficient in his movement. 

Combined with Kamara who passes and moves and is adept at finding space, I reckon these two will, on current evidence,  boss many a game to come.

Cant wait to see how they develop as Rangers players under Gerrard.

Just now, TMB said:

I agree.  If it was up to me Aribo, Davis, and Kamara, would be our starting midfield three.  I'd have Arfield pushed further forward as I said earlier (assuming Kent doesn't come back).  

Same for me but Jack is improving with every game. 

1 hour ago, Misteral said:

I do expect some rotation also. Now that we probably have the players to rotate more. It’ll give players like Goldson a rest who played every game practically same with Tav but he seemed to manage it. 

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Tbf, Davis was best player on park today by a country mile.

That’s why it has to be Davis over Jack. I like Jack but Davis can really influence and take control of the game.

Midfield three should be Davis Aribo Kamara.

I can’t believe how much I’m looking forward to this season.

We look so good and got the experience now. 

2 hours ago, beararse said:

Watched him closely from the Copland Road  Stand today and he glides effortlessly  across the pitch.

Seems to know exactly when and where to go, and is very very efficient in his movement. 

Combined with Kamara who passes and moves and is adept at finding space, I reckon these two will, on current evidence,  boss many a game to come.

Cant wait to see how they develop as Rangers players under Gerrard.

Kamara does tend to find space and pass it really well.  Aribo has extremely high dribbling stats at Charlton so I’d expect to see him get the ball and carry it up the pitch more.  The combination of the two should be a joy to watch this season.  

7 hours ago, gogzy said:

He looks a bit of a unit too.  Don't see him being kicked all over the park or bullied off the ball, like some smaller players get.

Bet nae neck forest would love half the neck Aribo's got. 
He's got a neck like a fuckin bull.
Just cannot see him getting bullied on the park.

10 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Gerrard loves him. Reckon he’ll be a mainstay in the team this year tbh 

10 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Breaking forward into box a lot more too.

I also think Gerrard likes him in his team.

IMO Jack to us is what Henderson is to liverpool. Not the best player on the park but always leaves 100% on the pitch, and plays for the badge, not the player. Not afraid of a tackle either

5 minutes ago, stevemac said:

IMO Jack to us is what Henderson is to liverpool. Not the best player on the park but always leaves 100% on the pitch, and plays for the badge, not the player. Not afraid of a tackle either

Yeah, possibly.

1 hour ago, stevemac said:

Agree. Don’t think he’ll play much in the games against smaller teams as he doesn’t do much to unlock a packed defence but in Europe and big league games he’ll be crucial imo. 

Archived