UEFA have set tone for Rangers, time for SFA and SPFL to follow suit

OceanRain

5 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

No not really.

Fenian is thrown as a generic insult by many as anything to do with celtic/catholics.

Calling the whole celtic support 'fenian bastards'.

Calling Chirs Sutton a fenian bastard. I doubt we will find any evidence of his feelings on Irish Nationalism.

Calling catholic schools, fenian schools etc.

Combine this with the FTP (clearly anti catholic) add ons etc, and its fairly obvious what the intent is.

I cant help but feel that people are just trying to justify the stance with semantics. It is obvious that the term 'fenian' is used as an insult to a irish catholic by many. The word is now off limits.

Fuck the pope is against the head of one of the world's largest paedophile rings. As he's head of the Catholic church then yes 

Catholic schools are apartheid schools basically.  A huge swathe of the celtic support are Fenian bastard's and a lot by their own admission are unrepentant Fenian bastard's.

I know this night not be your cup of tea with you being a Catholic but yous are actually highlighting how stupid the argument is that it means Catholic :lol:

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

But it does show. If it's being used against non Catholics then why would it mean Catholic?

It's always really just been another name for celtic fans/republicans. There were Protestant republicans so it's kinda hard to say it means Catholic flat out. They've done well in changing the meaning.

Tbf kinda daft calling sutton a Fenian anyway but there yae go

But numerous people are called 'Orange Bastards' by the celtic support who are not in the Orange Order. Again another sectarian insult.

Just because the person may not be in the OO does not prove that they are not being sectarian.

Your argument is a tad simplistic.

Just now, Rfc52 said:

But it does show. If it's being used against non Catholics then why would it mean Catholic?

It's always really just been another name for celtic fans/republicans. There were Protestant republicans so it's kinda hard to say it means Catholic flat out. They've done well in changing the meaning.

Tbf kinda daft calling sutton a Fenian anyway but there yae go

Perception. Folk there are perceived to be catholic, folk here are perceived to be protestant. We all love reading it when the foreign media mention it.

There's the definition changed from celtic fans to celtic/fans republicans. Again, this is what happens when we label everyone as fenians. It gets really hard to row it back and narrow it down to one specific group.

Totally agree it's daft calling sutton it, but we've been doing it nearly 20 years now.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

But numerous people are called 'Orange Bastards' by the celtic support who are not in the Orange Order. Again another sectarian insult.

Just because the person may not be in the OO does not prove that they are not being sectarian.

Your argument is a tad simplistic.

It's a bit of fucking banter. Why do people get so worked up.

Where I grew up as it was a housing scheme for games against the sporting wing of the IRA the Rangers boys would go on one of our two buses and the fans of child abuse FC would go on theirs. 

At the end of the game after singing to each other we'd then spend the next 12/48 hours getting wrecked and having a laugh.

Nobody really cares in Glasgow they just play it well

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Fuck the pope is against the head of one of the world's largest paedophile rings. As he's head of the Catholic church then yes 

Catholic schools are apartheid schools basically.  A huge swathe of the celtic support are Fenian bastard's and a lot by their own admission are unrepentant Fenian bastard's.

I know this night not be your cup of tea with you being a Catholic but yous are actually highlighting how stupid the argument is that it means Catholic :lol:

No-one is saying it exclusively means catholic. What we're saying is that some use it to mean catholic. Far from everyone, and some will absolutely keep it narrowed to 'pro-ira republicans' but others will shout fenian bastards at anyone and everyone they disagree with.

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

Nope I’m correct

You aren't though. 

There's been plenty of people involved in and that support Irish Republicanism that haven't been from Catholic backgrounds. 

I know of a guy that supports the Irish republican way of thinking and his brother is in the orange order. He's raising his kids to play Gaelic football

Just now, Rfc52 said:

How fucking dare you lol! Im not a catholic! Historically my family is CoS, but was brought up an atheist.

Went to a catholic school, due to it being right at the end of my street and getting a good reputation for results. Dont agree with religious schools, would ban them personally.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Perception. Folk there are perceived to be catholic, folk here are perceived to be protestant. We all love reading it when the foreign media mention it.

There's the definition changed from celtic fans to celtic/fans republicans. Again, this is what happens when we label everyone as fenians. It gets really hard to row it back and narrow it down to one specific group.

Totally agree it's daft calling sutton it, but we've been doing it nearly 20 years now.

But they've done it to mean Catholic. 

I'm done with this subject now tbh. We are fucking stupid for singing TBB against st joes. Stupid doing it in any European games but I'm no going to fall for the propaganda bullshit being done on here by you and certain others along with the media that it means catholic. That's as ridiculous as calling sutton a fenian bastard 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

No-one is saying it exclusively means catholic. What we're saying is that some use it to mean catholic. Far from everyone, and some will absolutely keep it narrowed to 'pro-ira republicans' but others will shout fenian bastards at anyone and everyone they disagree with.

I'm done with the subject now. 

But they've done it to mean Catholic. 

I'm done with this subject now tbh. We are fucking stupid for singing TBB against st joes. Stupid doing it in any European games but I'm no going to fall for the propaganda bullshit being done on here by you and certain others along with the media that it means catholic. That's as ridiculous as calling sutton a fenian bastard 

It certainly doesn't exclusively mean celtic fan. I mean you've given three different definitions in this thread alone.

It's a bit of fucking banter. Why do people get so worked up.

Where I grew up as it was a housing scheme for games against the sporting wing of the IRA the Rangers boys would go on one of our two buses and the fans of child abuse FC would go on theirs. 

At the end of the game after singing to each other we'd then spend the next 12/48 hours getting wrecked and having a laugh.

Nobody really cares in Glasgow they just play it well

Of course it is a bit of banter. This whole fucking thing is blown so far out of proportion it is unreal.

It is completely irrelevant though, the only thing that matters is that for some reason, banter of this type is now seen as equivalent of shooting folk in the face.

Doing it is seeing us getting hit financially, and possibly thrown out of europe. We either have to stop singing it, or accept being thrown out of Europe.

It is not a case of debating if calling Chris Sutton a Fenian is the equivalent of making monkey chants at Paul Pogba. The only thing that matters is that we are being fucking punished and it must stop.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It certainly doesn't exclusively mean celtic fan. I mean you've given three different definitions in this thread alone.

Aye because it's basically used against there support no wee Jean that goes to Asda then mass ffs like it's being portrayed 

Anyway enjoy 

3 minutes ago, bornabear said:

Well said mate.

He's  an argumentative fucker, I'm  totally pissed off reading thread after thread with that cunt arguing  with bears like a fucking taig.

Sorry, we should just all agree Peter Lawwell is at the head of an anti Rangers conspiracy involving the UEFA disciplinary committee, UK government, Scottish government, SFA, SPFL and the Wee Frees.

Just now, Redwhiteandblue said:

It did mean that, until those fuckers changed it.

When did it mean that? There's cunts on here insist it means members of a group that's not existed since the 1800s. They can't have been celtic fans as the cunts never even existed.

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Shat it

No. Just trying to figure out how someone’s brother being in the orange order makes your argument stack up for the guy you know who isn’t in the orange order

Give me a minute because your response needs untangling