St Mirren 60% possession

The Blue

10 hours ago, Copeland1983 said:

Will be a data issue.  I used to work for Opta who essentially power Sky, BBC, etc .  Data all comes from the same place.  Every now and then something goes wrong, either manual error on data entry side or some wrong with the XML feed.

or the tarrier at the keyboard :whistle:

13 hours ago, SuperPapac05 said:

Did we not have 75% at half time and 2nd half was essentially the same. Bizzare stat there. 

That's correct. The live feed showed 74% - 26% in our favour at half time, as well as the commentary discussing how they were surprised St Midden had as much as 26.

Must have been some second half of possession for the overall average to jump from 26% to 60%....

5 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

I don't know as I watch the game on RTV but I did hear Tom Miller stato g at one point we had 69% possession 

Sounds like the stats were spot on during the game on RTV. Curious where the stats come from. Someone earlier said Opta probably made a mistake, would make sense with a few different places having the same wrong stats. Maybe RTV do theirs in-house or Opta made a mistake after the game, it's a mystery. 

2 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Mark warburton doesn’t like this.

As I mentioned before I think possession stats are unimportant unless your smashing teams by 4 or 5 every week to show total domination. 

70% possession and winning 1-0 for me is pointless if your boring fans to sleep and even less so if your drawing or losing games

I am hoping in the interest of sporting integrity,impartiality , honest reporting and courageous journalism that the publically funded BBC Scotland will have covered themselves by apologising and naming the sub contractors  responsible for this debacle ?

I also suspect that the above  is the first time any or all of the phrases "sporting integrity", "impartiality" , "honest reporting", "courageous journalism", and the acronym "BBC Scotland" have appeared in the same sentence. 

15 minutes ago, tannerall said:

I am hoping in the interest of sporting integrity,impartiality , honest reporting and courageous journalism that the publically funded BBC Scotland will have covered themselves by apologising and naming the sub contractors  responsible for this debacle ?

I also suspect that the above  is the first time any or all of the phrases "sporting integrity", "impartiality" , "honest reporting", "courageous journalism", and the acronym "BBC Scotland" have appeared in the same sentence. 

Pity you couldn't condense that for an xmas cracker joke, would be one of the best.