Armed Forces Day.

ricksen92

9 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

Uck I think we should just sack having an armed forces day at ibrox. I am all for having a republican parade now at ibrox in order for us to show support for our friends.

Agreed and might I suggest we get @.Williamson. to lead the parade as a show of good faith towards our Republican brethren.

On 04/09/2019 at 00:06, To Be A Ranger said:

Love that big cannon thing they used to fire although I think it's now stopped due to some h&s reason or something.

On 04/09/2019 at 01:27, DerekJohnstone said:

You mean the L118 Light Gun (105mm) :guns:😁

2013-11-09_15.00.07.jpg

Its definitely SAT 14th.  I have been in touch with Rangers charity foundation, who confirmed it.  I got an email back on friday to say that it was passed to their armed forces contact who would be sorting out tickets etc and hopefully be in touch soon.  As of today still not heard anything,,, and looking unlikely now at this stage that I will be able to get personnel off duty (inc myself) to attend at such short notice if they do get back to me.   😞

On 04/09/2019 at 20:45, Robb said:

Did the troops not get banned at one point for walking round the stadium?

Including the abseil?

Im sure i remember some no good ten bob fanny tried that from GDC. 

Am i wrong? 

Thankfully you are mate, the wife used to work for Glasgow’s Helping Hero’s, dealing with addiction and homelessness, some of her clients got to go to Auchinhowie to meet the players and it was Warburton at the time, through her and get onto the pitch with the match ball. The abseiled still brought down the union flag from the roof and there was still troops in the stadium as her charity alone had 250 tickets donated through the Rangers charity foundation. The tarriers through complaints to local council and obviously republican minded mps, got the cannon and troops on the park stopped as they complained to the mod so much saying it was just a marketing ploy on our part and held no value to the forces made them take the decision to stop  it. Pretty sure the club leaves 1000 seats from sale still also on that game day and any soldier past or present that turns up wearing military uniforms gets in free. That was 100% a fact until 2 years ago anyway but as my wife’s secondment came to an end and funds were pulled by the council I don’t have first hand info. 

Edit, she was gutted leaving that role helping our service personnel and making a difference to back to having to listen to lies from Somalian lying bastards, gypsies, junkies and taigs. Obviously there are decent down on their luck folk among them but fuck could I do her job for anything 

10 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Thankfully you are mate, the wife used to work for Glasgow’s Helping Hero’s, dealing with addiction and homelessness, some of her clients got to go to Auchinhowie to meet the players and it was Warburton at the time, through her and get onto the pitch with the match ball. The abseiled still brought down the union flag from the roof and there was still troops in the stadium as her charity alone had 250 tickets donated through the Rangers charity foundation. The tarriers through complaints to local council and obviously republican minded mps, got the cannon and troops on the park stopped as they complained to the mod so much saying it was just a marketing ploy on our part and held no value to the forces made them take the decision to stop  it. Pretty sure the club leaves 1000 seats from sale still also on that game day and any soldier past or present that turns up wearing military uniforms gets in free. That was 100% a fact until 2 years ago anyway but as my wife’s secondment came to an end and funds were pulled by the council I don’t have first hand info. 

Edit, she was gutted leaving that role helping our service personnel and making a difference to back to having to listen to lies from Somalian lying bastards, gypsies, junkies and taigs. Obviously there are decent down on their luck folk among them but fuck could I do her job for anything 

Cheers for that. A marketing ploy from us supporting our troops? Jeez oh. 

That's why we have RSEA also. Second to none. Take care of our own. 

17 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Edit, she was gutted leaving that role helping our service personnel and making a difference... 

Understandable.

But she can still make a difference...

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/323757-rm-erskine-fund-season-201920-join-here/

:rangers:

The complaints were because we merged Remembrance Day and Armed Forces Day into the same day.

Instead we now have two separate and distinct days.

which equals a net gain.  :rangers:

And remember that as long as we have the RangersMedia Erskine Fund, then every matchday at Ibrox is Armed Forces Day.  

Erskine_Park_Paras.thumb.jpg.27d3f176c9194779c05ed5ff05061bb7.jpg

Combat_Stress_Ibrox.thumb.jpg.68bfd47ddc79618d391219de1ba6cbfb.jpg

ErskineParkIbrox2017_1.thumb.jpg.00b505db60c700814ceac67deb3618bc.jpg

Front_Enclosure.thumb.jpg.f82fef363a83338afba80cf0c1c07c89.jpg

ibrox-3.thumb.jpg.ff020fe3584f499a891a86d3e6ca8f76.jpg

Erskine_Park5.thumb.jpg.f28c127eeda46eacbd960a9f7ed20bda.jpg

Erskine_Park_Sw3_new1.thumb.jpg.68395e638cd7065d73589043ebd50681.jpg

Robert-Johnston.jpg

17 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

The fact they got the whole on pitch parade stopped for simply Bears having a sing song with Bears, but we see the IRA marching through Glasgow says it all about this country. 

The MOD should’ve told them to fuck off.