Ojo

KingKirk

4 minutes ago, kanjo said:

Think Murphy is still getting fitness levels. Gerrard said recently it could be a few months. I’d also prefer him. 

Murphys been playing 90 mins for development squad.. 

Kent has not played or had a proper pre season, Murphy should be getting 15 mins here and there surely

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lazy, lazy player who thinks he’s still playing at Hull City. The number of balls he gives up on chasing is a disgrace, his spatial awareness beggars belief sometimes and he’s an absolute shitebag in the tackle who’s going to get himself injured if he doesn’t man up.

All very well saying he got another assist today but it doesn’t mask the clear negatives of his performances.

7 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

He was pish but we haven't replaced him and now with a couple of injuries and Ojo looking poor to say the least people will rightly question why he was allowed to leave.

He was allowed to leave because he was 31 and wasn't going to get any better. He hit the first man with near enough every ball but got away with it because he ran about a lot. Ojo has the potential to be a much better player but needs to get his finger out pronto. Just a shame Jones is out because he was a cert to be in our first 11.

9 minutes ago, Goianegra said:

The main issue with Candeias leaving for me is Tav looks half the player he was.

Still been putting in some great crosses and gettng goals/assists so to say half the player s being disingenuous but he certainly missed having a player to link with. 

21 minutes ago, Goianegra said:

The main issue with Candeias leaving for me is Tav looks half the player he was.

Teams are man marking Tav as they know we have nothing down the left which in turn makes us play through the middle.

It’s then up to the middle three to be braver and try make things happen, not just pass 5 yards passes back and sideways.

8 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Nonsense

Not sure where people are getting this idea that Tavs worse without Candeias tbh.

He's got 2 goals / 5 assists in 12 games so far. His stats at this point last season were 3 goals / 3 assists in 12 games, playing with Candeias.

He maybe started a bit slow, but that's probably been a fitness issue and getting up to speed after pre-season, but he's certainly not any worse than last season or worse without Candeias imo.

1 hour ago, Goianegra said:

People are saying Ojo was hiding.

I was thinking the same for about 20 minutes, then the penny dropped that he just had no positional awareness.

This was most noticeable when Tav got up alongside him - Candeias would have got in a position for a quick one-two or some wee interchange.

Instead, Tav was resorting to whipping it in early, which produced a few ‘nearly’ moments, but nothing with any real end product.

10 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Would be good if people stopped going on about Candeias. Dreadful player that worked hard sometimes

I know you’re not a fan but he certainly wasn’t a dreadful player. 

He had his limitations but added plenty to the team and I believe we are missing him this season.

Also think Ojo will come good. He’s had flashes and think will become a key player the longer the season goes.

6 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

I know you’re not a fan but he certainly wasn’t a dreadful player. 

He had his limitations but added plenty to the team and I believe we are missing him this season.

Also think Ojo will come good. He’s had flashes and think will become a key player the longer the season goes.

Disagree.

His pressing/tracking back made people overlook that his ability on the ball was awful imo.

His decision making was awful, his crossing was unbelievably overrated and inconsistent.

10 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Disagree.

His pressing/tracking back made people overlook that his ability on the ball was awful imo.

His decision making was awful, his crossing was unbelievably overrated and inconsistent.

Shite. Would’ve done the wee tarrier dyke if I knew how but did plenty good for us and would’ve been an asset for us this year.

Pressing and tracking is part of the modern day footballer so that’s a skill with in itself.

You’re at it if you think Arfield/Ojo/Barker/Stewart have done better than him in the wide right position so far this season 

11 hours ago, Cedrick said:

I’d give docherty a bash wide right , he’ll contribute absolutely nothing with the ball but will do the work Candias did to get Tav forward more 

Genuinely thought your suggestion was mental until I read the reasoning. Good shout.

6 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Shite. Would’ve done the wee tarrier dyke if I knew how but did plenty good for us and would’ve been an asset for us this year.

Pressing and tracking is part of the modern day footballer so that’s a skill with in itself.

You’re at it if you think Arfield/Ojo/Barker/Stewart have done better than him in the wide right position so far this season 

Lose me there.

Hardly a skill mate, c’mon.

Stewart and Barker have barely played, Ojo hasn’t been great similar level to Candeias though, and Arfield switches between two sides and isn’t a winger/inside forward.

11 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I just read an article that suggests he is full of confidence and wants the ball. Many on here are suggesting he is purposefully hiding, Personally, I think his style makes him look lazy when he really isn't. In the first half, he was extremely quiet but everything was going down Kent's side but he certainly came into the game more in the last 20 min when they went down to 10 men.

There could be something to Tav not playing his best due to Candeias' work ethic but we are not missing Candeias skillset.

link?

Archived