Gerrard linked with Arsenal?

ChampionsAgain

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

This may have been said already but, Gerrard is a winner and he's hell bent on winning us trophies. His mentality means he will see that through.

I don't think he would leave now even for Liverpool, unless they were in some kind of crisis. Never those bloody Gunners. 

As I said previously in the thread there is literally no chance he will leave for Arsenal but I think we need to be realistic and accept that if Liverpool ever approach him for help he will be gone

He is never turning down his boyhood club and the club he is idolised at when they need help

22 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

This may have been said already but, Gerrard is a winner and he's hell bent on winning us trophies. His mentality means he will see that through.

I don't think he would leave now even for Liverpool, unless they were in some kind of crisis. Never those bloody Gunners. 

If Liverpool came calling tomorrow Gerrard would be away and it's mental to think otherwise, irrespective of the position we'd be in. That's his club and I absolutely do not begrudge him going to his team. Thankfully, that scenario is not going to happen in the near future given the job Klopp is doing at Liverpool.

14 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

If Liverpool came calling tomorrow Gerrard would be away and it's mental to think otherwise, irrespective of the position we'd be in. That's his club and I absolutely do not begrudge him going to his team. Thankfully, that scenario is not going to happen in the near future given the job Klopp is doing at Liverpool.

On a positive note, when this happens (not if) at least we will get some decent loans from Liverpool.  Hope it's a long way off though.  We will be in a difficult position trying to attract another manager with similar profile. 

38 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

On a positive note, when this happens (not if) at least we will get some decent loans from Liverpool.  Hope it's a long way off though.  We will be in a difficult position trying to attract another manager with similar profile. 

Klopp is currently contracted to liverpool until 2022.

I wouldn't expect anything to happen until then.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

As I said previously in the thread there is literally no chance he will leave for Arsenal but I think we need to be realistic and accept that if Liverpool ever approach him for help he will be gone

He is never turning down his boyhood club and the club he is idolised at when they need help

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

I'm under no delusions about what Liverpool means to him and that will always be his priority, we've all seen it often enough with our own club. I still think though, he knows he'll end up there, everyone does, but he's also a guy who would hate to leave a job undone and let down many thousands of fans, so I don't think he's a guy that would drop everything at any given time either. Especially as that would be his legacy with Rangers forevermore, and I'm sure he cares about that as well.

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

No he won’t 

he will make sure he has the experience and knowledge that will mean he’s ready to take on the challenge and not let his beloved club or support down.  That will take  some time to go from Rookie to experienced 

he’ll use his time with us to gain that experience

Some times things are written in the stars,and this could be the season his Liverpool team win the league in 30 years.
Could be at the same time he is managing a team,who can win the league for the first time in 9 years,after they were wrongly treated and had all sorts of sanctions and barriers put in front of them by bigots and blind fools.
Steven Gerrard MBE and his mate Gary McAllister MBE are going nowhere any time soon.
At least till they have an SPL medal.

6 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

No he won’t 

he will make sure he has the experience and knowledge that will mean he’s ready to take on the challenge and not let his beloved club or support down.  That will take  some time to go from Rookie to experienced 

he’ll use his time with us to gain that experience

Graeme Souness likes this :thumbsup:

15 hours ago, glasgow argyle said:

Perhaps Lampard would be a free agent by then... 

Archived