Gerrard linked with Arsenal?

ChampionsAgain

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Think any manager would be off there rocker to take charge at Arsenal, doubt Lacazette and Auba will be sticking around for another year of Europa league which looks more and more likely as the games go by.

They way they are at moment they could miss European football completely. 

2 minutes ago, rangersross said:

I was far more worried about the link with Newcastle. Seriously doubt he’d go to another of the “big” English sides in case it ruins his chances with Liverpool. 

Don't see him leaving us for anyone but Liverpool or England. Not until 55 is won anyway.

This is absolute crazy chat right here!

(I have only read the first page on this thread) 

There is absolutely no way SG is leaving us midway through a season having only started establishing himself as a decent manager. He's still learning in some ways and has no silverware to speak of, as a Manager. I can't see him going to Arsenal neither...saying that he might relish the challenge in turning their unlucky fortunes to gold, so never say never I guess. 

He will leave eventually which will be a sad day for us, but it won't be this season. It might not even be next, so there is no point in speculating on something that Brazil (of all people)says.

He's stirring the kettle to unsettle our fans, as far as I'm concerned. 

can't see him going there. i think Gerrard will leave when either:

A) his contract runs out and he doesn't renew it - maybe feels he's done all he can here or wants to take the next step in his career

B) he is sacked by us - not gonna happen

C) Liverpool come calling - he won't turn them down 

if a club come asking after him i can't see him breaking his contract to leave. he'll see it out. well that's just what i think. 

Whilst Klopp continues to do well at Liverpool, Gerrard is going nowhere. 

He would never manage Arsenal, Man U or whoever and he realises any other team is a step down from us. 

he’s biding his time and learning the trade until Liverpool come calling 

If Gerrard delivers 55 and does in the champions league what he has done for us in the Europa league then he’ll have cut his teeth enough to merit to Liverpool job when Klopp eventually leaves.

Imagine he went to Arsenal and it went tits up. That would undoubtedly affect his chances of getting the Liverpool job as he couldn’t hack it in the EPL.

If he does well enough here then he knows his reputation as a Liverpool legend as well as winning leagues and trophies for a huge club as well as punching above their weight in Europe would be enough to get the Liverpool job (a little like Lampard appointment but with actually winning silverware and gaining experience in Europe first).

Klopp could win the league this season and decide that's all he can do. I'd be more worried about that scenario than a presenter on talksport suggesting Gerrard could be good for Arsenal. There is no link to Arsenal, it was just a suggestion. He's not going there his path to Liverpool is set already. 

1 hour ago, Sweettartangirl said:

This is absolute crazy chat right here!

(I have only read the first page on this thread) 

There is absolutely no way SG is leaving us midway through a season having only started establishing himself as a decent manager. He's still learning in some ways and has no silverware to speak of, as a Manager. I can't see him going to Arsenal neither...saying that he might relish the challenge in turning their unlucky fortunes to gold, so never say never I guess. 

He will leave eventually which will be a sad day for us, but it won't be this season. It might not even be next, so there is no point in speculating on something that Brazil (of all people)says.

He's stirring the kettle to unsettle our fans, as far as I'm concerned. 

Post of the morning . Enough said :tu:

14 hours ago, bluebell82 said:

I really can't see Arsenal being an attractive proposition for Gerrard...don't think money will tempt Gerrard and are Arsenal really ever going to give a manager massive funds to challenge liverpool/man city...not likely. Arsenal need a steady rebuild which is at least a 4 year project with no guarantees of success (altho top 4 is success for Arsenal i guess...). I genuinely don't think Gerrard would leave Rangers at this point, if we win the league this season he could be tempted away but other than liverpool can't see what club could tempt him away who have more to offer than we do.

Under Emery things are just going to get worse and I'd say 95% of fans want him gone. 

14 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

Klopp could win the league this season and decide that's all he can do. I'd be more worried about that scenario than a presenter on talksport suggesting Gerrard could be good for Arsenal. There is no link to Arsenal, it was just a suggestion. He's not going there his path to Liverpool is set already. 

If Klopp wins the league there no way he doesn’t stay to defend it. Which hopefully coincides with Gerrard defending after winning 55 this year and getting a tilt at the CL. 

28 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Whilst Klopp continues to do well at Liverpool, Gerrard is going nowhere. 

He would never manage Arsenal, Man U or whoever and he realises any other team is a step down from us. 

he’s biding his time and learning the trade until Liverpool come calling 

Absolutely spot on.

There is no way SG would manage a team against his beloved Liverpool.

If klopp wins the title? And with a win today that would be very likely.  If klopp then decides to move (doubtful) only then I would be concerned. The lure of Liverpool would be too powerful to S.G. (like Souness) turn down. The way Frank Lampard  has slotted in at Chelsea makes me certain that Liverpool would come calling. I hope klopp wins and stays to defend title. And that dilemma is postponed to a later date.

2 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

If klopp wins the title? And with a win today that would be very likely.  If klopp then decides to move (doubtful) only then I would be concerned. The lure of Liverpool would be too powerful to S.G. (like Souness) turn down. The way Frank Lampard  has slotted in at Chelsea makes me certain that Liverpool would come calling. I hope klopp wins and stays to defend title. And that dilemma is postponed to a later date.

Aye, spot on. If that horrible scenario occurred, ma arse would collapse at the thought of him leaving. We all know he would

SG and his management team put together will not be leaving Ibrox anytime soon - in fact he has it fairly easy at Rangers - it is a 2 horse race and the other horse is in reach.

With far less struggling than at Arsenal, he can deliver one possibly two cups this season and next season continue to move forward. 

Arsenal is a 2 to 3 year project to get into the top 4 and a further 3 or 4 years to catch ManC and Liverpool up - and it is doubtful that they ever could get back on top.

SG can markedly and quickly develop his management reputation at Rangers, and at Arsenal he can easily fuck it up. 

Absolute tosh. Gerrard will want to bring silverware back to Ibrox before moving on anywhere. Arsenal is a poisoned chalice.

Klopp did 7 years at both Mainz & Dortmund. 7 years at LFC will take him to 2022 which is when his contract expires. At that point I think he will move on and Gerrard will take over.

5 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Think any manager would be off there rocker to take charge at Arsenal, doubt Lacazette and Auba will be sticking around for another year of Europa league which looks more and more likely as the games go by.

Emery is the Spanish Pedro Caixinha, an absolute fraud. 

Archived