Our Day Will Come

BridgeIsBlue

"One thing I will say is I'll stay with these players. On the evidence of today I'll stay with them because they gave me absolutely everything", Gerrard told Rangers TV.

"We might have to suffer a bit short term. I need to pick them up physically and mentally for Thursday [in the Europa League], which is huge, but our day will come.

"On the evidence of today, our day will come."

Personally speaking there's no issues regarding mentality, bottle etc. Play that game again 100 times over and we win 99 of them, blind luck and sheer incompetence from match officials will only carry them so far. 

Pundits up and down the country have already said the title race will rest on the 4 games against them, on the evidence of yesterday, our day WILL come. 

No Surrender. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, wully said:

Im getting tired of waiting for it.

Yeah it’s managerial speak for .We have lost again 

It’s been 8 long years .It feels longer .Bears like myself dined on winners and winning mentality 

I just don’t agree ,that hasn’t got a lot to do with it .We played well but we are still short of winners in that group .No getting away from that fact 

57 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

"One thing I will say is I'll stay with these players. On the evidence of today I'll stay with them because they gave me absolutely everything", Gerrard told Rangers TV.

"We might have to suffer a bit short term. I need to pick them up physically and mentally for Thursday [in the Europa League], which is huge, but our day will come.

Personally speaking there's no issues regarding mentality, bottle etc. Play that game again 100 times over and we win 99 of them, blind luck and sheer incompetence from match officials will only carry them so far. 

Pundits up and down the country have already said the title race will rest on the 4 games against them, on the evidence of yesterday, our day WILL come. 

No Surrender. 

One thing I want to see more of Gerrard is having more trust in his squad of players not just the first 11.

There wasn't much to be enthusiastic over the subs bench yesterday, and none of the subs made much impact and I think that's basically down to very little game time.

1 minute ago, Vision said:

One thing I want to see more of Gerrard is having more trust in his squad of players not just the first 11.

There wasn't much to be enthusiastic over the subs bench yesterday, and none of the subs made much impact and I think that's basically down to very little game time.

Id have brought Stewart on instead of Barker who seems a very lacklustre signing at this point

Defoe never really got a touch of the ball but would have scored if Alfredo had squared it.

Just now, ShanksRFC said:

Id have brought Stewart on instead of Barker who seems a very lacklustre signing at this point

Defoe never really got a touch of the ball but would have scored if Alfredo had squared it.

This is where composure and a bit of guile was required. We had an extra man but weren't patient we kept hitting hopeful balls in that were bread and butter to their defenders.

Certainly not a phrase I would use, though I don't expect the Manager and team to understand the connotations. 

But yea, I heard Gerrard say it in his post match interview, then Tav said similar in his. Gerrard has obviously said it in the dressing room, it's still been in Tav's head, who's said it as well. 

Overall I agree with them, we battered the taigs for most of the game, just couldn't score. I think Alfie and Kent were trying to hard and getting frustrated due to it being celtic. Had they just played their normal game, Alfie would have scored. The taigs had one off side shot on target at goal which they scored. They were very, very lucky, as they will know.

I've had all sorts of arguments with people on here yesterday for saying the above, but if we keep playing like that and take even half the chances we missed yesterday, every chance we can win the league. We've already beat them last season. 

That's my opinion, you're welcome to yours ...

Luck plays a massive part in football. Even the best teams in the world need luck. 

Its hard to beat a good team.

Its 10 times harder to beat a lucky team.

celtic are the luckiest team I have ever seen in my life. 

Dirty rancid jammy tramps.

Their luck will hopefully run out soon and we will see just how average they really are.

This week is a prime example. Their winning goal v Accies shouldn’t have stood. Yesterday’s goal shouldn’t have stood. We should have wiped the floor with them.

If they had drawn at home v Accies and lost to us yesterday Lennon head would be rolling today. But their luck has seen them through. Not talent but luck.

Even in Europe they stole two last minute wins v Lazio reserves with late goals. 

We are a better team than them, just need a wee bit of luck and we can overtake them. 

I 100% believe it’s coming. 

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

No Surrender. 

I thought this headline might have been a fan. I agree with Gerrard though. From all our points of view the sooner the better. 

9 minutes ago, Vision said:

Just seen this. The more you see it the worse it gets. Unbelievable.

Blatant.

Linesman certainly did what was required for these bastards . Seeing that from a dead ball . Just confirms the asst ref must have been one biased cunt

When we got beaten off the tarriers in March we then went on a decent run, can see that happening again. I’d take being 2 points behind them going in to the winter break as we’ll have a game in hand plus 8 out of our next 11 league games at home. I’m certainly not giving up in December. Plus I think what people are forgetting is they are fucking rotten like seriously bad.

Archived