Possibly 5points behind after Wednesday

KingKirk

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Tomorrow is one of their postponed games.

Aye, but on Friday we play Hibs and both teams at that point would have players the same number of games. They will of course play at the weekend, and at that point we will have a game in hand.

I’m being pedantic of course.

1 hour ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Seen a couple of posts saying if we win our 3 games we could still be 2 points behind at the break,oand we could win from now to the break and still not be top?????
At the school I went to,if we win our 3 games we go into the break top.  

You went to the wrong school then as they have 4 games

We all knew when the fixtures came in December would be potentially the toughest month in the league.

We have the opportunity to win our next two games going into the scum game, and then beat them at their own ground, massively hurting them psychologically before the winter break.

Loads to play for and be positive about.

44 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Aye, but on Friday we play Hibs and both teams at that point would have players the same number of games. They will of course play at the weekend, and at that point we will have a game in hand.

I’m being pedantic of course.

Read your post as weekend and not Friday tbf 😂

2 hours ago, King Jela said:

Livi were at least a hard working team with a manager capable of exploiting weaknesses. Theres literally nothing to Hearts at all. Them -3 even seems tempting.

I agree mate but you just never know they got a draw with us because we started slow then found it hard to go for the win. I'm hoping the same thing happens with the scum.

Every team in this league apart from us and them are shite. 

That doesn’t meant points aren’t dropped. They drew with Hibs and lost to Livi, and we dropped points at the worst Aberdeen and Hearts teams in years. 

Bad results will happen. There’s never ‘no chance’ particularly away from home. 

14 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

They were playing catch up last year, we bottled putting them under pressure.

Aye that's true if it was the other way about folk would be moaning we didn't have enough of a rest from Sunday. 

Personally I think it's advantage we've got all week to prepare for Friday. 

If both sides keep winning we will go into the game on 29th 5 points behind. There will be huge pressure on that game as a defeat would leave us 8 points behind which even with a game in hand is a significant gap. Of course the flip side is the huge boost we would get if we cut the gap to 2 with a game in hand. I also dont think we can afford any more dropped points before 29th.  We used them up against Aberdeen. A massive 3 games coming up for us and if we came out of it with 3 wins the momentum would be with us going into the new year with the more favourable set of fixtures to come after the break.

48 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

I agree mate but you just never know they got a draw with us because we started slow then found it hard to go for the win. I'm hoping the same thing happens with the scum.

I'm hoping they get gubbed, do t get me wrong 😁 but I just can't see any way that its going to happen though. 

We don't need to worry about them. Any  points they drop is a bonus.

What we need to do is to continue winning. Having an extra day off should help, as long as we don't end up with a fixture pile up like we did when we reached the last European final.

Archived