To absent friends

GOAT

I know he was a Tim but  Matt McGinn wrote this very moving tribute to those who died that tragic day at Ibrox with all profits going to the Ibrox Disaster Fund

I made this video of it a couple of years ago, still brings a lump to my throat.

R.I.P.  The 66

10 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

I hope the club have plans in place for next year, the 50th anniversary.

It is a milestone and should be marked in some way, perhaps a charity match before the winter break.

Another option might be to plant 66 trees once Edmiston House is down and the site cleared.

Many of those affected are still here and this is a big anniversary.

I’m sure the club won’t let us down.

My thoughts, stadium opened and supporters buses from all over, fill the stadium.

4 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Watching the video of the service there and all you can hear is the cameras going off, surely it’s not too much to expect them to just stand quiet while the service is ongoing. 

Was that Jim Hannah in the crowd the directors were shaking hands with?

I was at the game with my brother and a pal all of those 49 years ago.

They had taken the lead and we made our way out of the stadium to Copland Road subway.

We left that bit early as I was meeting my new girlfriend(now my wife) early that evening.

We heard the roar as we passed stairway 19 as  Colin Stein equalised.When I got home my ma had the radio on and told us about the deaths of some fans..6 or so at that early evening  time.

Meanwhile our next door neighbour was in a panic as her boys had not got back home yet but they were ok.

One of my dad's workmates son's died in the crush.

The deaths were so tragic and I remember in particular the 5 young schoolmates from Markinch  who perished together.The interview with one of their desolate mums who let her boy go reluctantly and waved him off was heartbreakingly sad.

RIP the 66.

• 4 months later...

Archived