Barjonas - what's his situation?

Oct - club say he's signed a new contract and is now on the 1st team squad. Club website shows him as in 1st team squad, but he's not in Dubai?

Scores today for development squad and is supposedly fit and playing well.

Seen elsewhere on here that he is supposedly going to Partick on loan.

So which on is it? 1st team squad, Dev squad or out on loan to a dross team of no hopers ?

With every transfer window, a number of loan players and the urgent need to stop 10 in a row - I reckon the chances of home grown youths breaking into our 1st team for any sort of run are next to nil.

1 minute ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Oct - club say he's signed a new contract and is now on the 1st team squad. Club website shows him as in 1st team squad, but he's not in Dubai?

Scores today for development squad and is supposedly fit and playing well.

Seen elsewhere on here that he is supposedly going to Partick on loan.

So which on is it? 1st team squad, Dev squad or out on loan to a dross team of no hopers ?

With every transfer window, a number of loan players and the urgent need to stop 10 in a row - I reckon the chances of home grown youths breaking into our 1st team for any sort of run are next to nil.

Him and Mayo are heading to Partick.

He's apparently been superb for the development squad and Gerrard likes him. He's going on loan to thistle for a massive 6 months in his Rangers career. 

Best of luck to the boy. 

He's really turned it round as he was on his way out completely. 

3 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

He's apparently been superb for the development squad and Gerrard likes him. He's going on loan to thistle for a massive 6 months in his Rangers career. 

Best of luck to the boy. 

He's really turned it round as he was on his way out completely. 

Getting him ready to replace Davis when he retires? 🙂

See tbh. If we’re expecting the boy to break through sometime soon I’d be expecting him to be going to a better team than thistle. If the boy is on the fringes and can’t get to a Hamilton or St Mirren then I’d say the likelihood is he doesn’t have a future here. 

8 hours ago, Tomatasauce said:

Who really gives a fuck unless he’s good enough to make it into our team, I’ve watched the boy and IMO he’s absolutely not a hope in hells chance of staking his claim for a spot in our team anytime in the near future, no chance!

How about you get behind the young player, show some support, he's going a 6 month loan to Thistle for first team football and experience and good luck to him, not all youngsters just jump from development football to first team and start hitting the ground running, Gerrard sees the boy everyday, worth trusting his judgement. 

Even if I don’t trust Gerrards judgement on this, my opinion is exactly that, my opinion!

i don’t think he’s anywhere near good enough, if the boy proves me wrong, brilliant! I’ve seen better than him fail to cut it.

Greg Docherty is a million miles ahead of him (older and more experienced) an he can’t get a sniff, so I don’t hold much hope in seeing him play for us in the near future

I don’t have any reason not to wish him the best of luck but my post wasn’t about not wishing him luck it was a judgment of where he is an where our team are

On 14/01/2020 at 22:23, Tomatasauce said:

Even if I don’t trust Gerrards judgement, my opinion is exactly that, my opinion!

i don’t think he’s anywhere near good enough, if the boy proves me wrong, brilliant! I’ve seen better than him fail to cut it.

Greg Docherty is a million miles ahead of him (older and more experienced) an he can’t get a sniff, so I don’t hold much hope in seeing him play for us in the near future

I don’t have any reason not to wish him the best of luck but my post wasn’t about not wishing him luck it was a judgment of where he is an where our team are

No offence, but I'd trust Gerrard's judgement over your opinion any day.

Barjonas hasn't really been tested at out level,  Gerrard clearly feels he has a chance, if he didn't he wouldn't be here.

I don't think anyone Is saying barjonas should be in our team right now, but while he is a Rangers player and still young, he deserves our backing. 

I find the million miles better really strange. Docherty is 23 and has played  over 150 games in his career. They are at different stages of their career.

You say you've watched the boy and haven't been impressed, well by all accounts he's supposed to have been a stand out at youth level this season, (that's what I keep reading anyway) so I'd love to hear when you've watched him and haven't been impressed?

Even if he hasn't, development is a funny thing, look at Allan Hutton, was a target for years and he came good. There's the likes of Steven Smith or Chris Burke, who did well initially then didn't meet the level people expected. If/when he gets to a level where he plays his way into contention then we can judge.

Right now all we can do, the same with any youth player is hope they can step up and to do that keep encouraging their development

16 hours ago, stewaj3 said:

No offence, but I'd trust Gerrard's judgement over your opinion any day.

Barjonas hasn't really been tested at out level,  Gerrard clearly feels he has a chance, if he didn't he wouldn't be here.

I don't think anyone Is saying barjonas should be in our team right now, but while he is a Rangers player and still young, he deserves our backing. 

I find the million miles better really strange. Docherty is 23 and has played  over 150 games in his career. They are at different stages of their career.

You say you've watched the boy and haven't been impressed, well by all accounts he's supposed to have been a stand out at youth level this season, (that's what I keep reading anyway) so I'd love to hear when you've watched him and haven't been impressed?

Even if he hasn't, development is a funny thing, look at Allan Hutton, was a target for years and he came good. There's the likes of Steven Smith or Chris Burke, who did well initially then didn't meet the level people expected. If/when he gets to a level where he plays his way into contention then we can judge.

Right now all we can do, the same with any youth player is hope they can step up and to do that keep encouraging their development

No offence taken, I’d take Gerrards opinion over my own aswell we’re talking about a guy who’s forgot more about football than any fan on here has ever known, but listen Gerrards highly unlikely to say anything but positive things about a young player so take the plaudits with a pinch of salt unless he includes him in the team

however When people start talking about young guys like barjones like he’s some wonder kid who has a chance of breaking thru at Rangers anytime soon...all I’m saying is there is guys like docherty,  another guy I really like but can understand why he can’t get near our team right now due of the level we have raised ourselves to (and we will only get stronger) so that’s why I’m saying he’s got no chance, nothing against the kid personally 

Anyway I feel like I’m defending myself as if I’m purposely putting the boy down, my opinion Is my opinion. if anybody on here thinks he’s got potential to break thru that’s fine, I don’t.

Archived