Rangers + Club 1872 Statements

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bears r us said:

That is what I think as well, I think/hope the attack on him personally has given him the push he needed to go on the attack.  :thumbup:

I also hope this is not a one off from the Club, there is so much more to tackle head on,  Let's go ffs.  

Absolutely, we cant just sit back and take it. However we also need to pick our battles wisely and fight smart. This is a good start for me.

2 minutes ago, Sket said:

That'll show them....until the next time.  Then we can release another statement,and so on.

Sadly I think you're right. The usual media suspects will comment on this. and get in their digs. We'll all get angry. We'll make another statement. Repeat.

All the whilst everyone will continue to take pot shots at poor Morelos.

Good statement, but nothing will change.

The media effectively laugh off the racist and sectarian abuse Morelos has received on and off the park, his mum has been abused, effigies hanging at the tarriers game, continuous banners about us, bottles, cups, all sorts thrown at players, thousands of fans charge at our players at Hampden. That's not even the half of it. No doubt King and his daughters being held at gun point will be another laughing matter.

Well, we had to put something out there, but the reality is, it is simply meaningless watered down pish that will have our haters chuckling all over it.

Then there's that bit about making Ibrox welcoming to all and never stop trying to clean us up ffs!

It should have ended with the those now banned, starting with that cunt Stewart.

This has Traynor's hand all over it. All rather personal and trying to score points with his contemporaries in the media, very badly.

22 minutes ago, 110 steps said:

Their reply will be 

"There's the Rangers with their whataboutery again"

Keevins already hit back with let’s not forget Rangers fan racially abusing Shay Logan. 

Keevins who cuts off Rangers fans with his “whataboutery” line when we try to offer comparisons to make a case all the time. It’s infuriating,  Total hypocrite using that radio show to fit his agenda and has done for decades. It’s so frustrating and disappointing that our main radio show has zero balance and there is no way to bring him to task for stuff like this.

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Why ?

It does nothing and is simply playing to the gallery without any proper action from the club.

Starts off going on about the police charge and suggesting that's the reason it took so long to comment. Ongoing investigation had no impact on club's ability to comment on Leckie, Stewart or Provan's columns.

All three are still welcome inside Ibrox. Rather than releasing wordy statements with no action, the club should be withdrawing co-operation with those three -and the outlets they represent where possible - until formal, public apologies are made to the club and Morelos.

Archived