Rangers + Club 1872 Statements

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Sket said:

100%.

Sadly I think we all know how it will play out.

They will run with an article pointing out things we’ve done in the past and make us look even worse in the press.

wheras demanding an apology or banning the people in question shows balls and actual intent. The more ye think about it the more feeble it gets.

9 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

After my delight/surprise at the statement, the more posts I read the more I am wondering if it is really that great.

It certainly reads like Traynor having a go at his old media adversaries and I am starting to wonder like others why he did not just name the wankers who have been so vocal ?

The other part missing is that only ONE 12 year old boy has been charged, when we all know that is not true with the videos available to listen to and it is certainly not ONE 12 year old.

I think accepting this is a mistake because once again it let's the tarriers off with this because they are going to hide behind a young lad who 'was' probably shouting racist things but 'certainly not alone'. It is all a fucking disgrace that our country has a  justice system that also thinks this is acceptable. :headwall:

Agree mate .I think a few more bears will be choking on their enthusiasm in next few days .It is not good enough ,just to say it’s a start . Our enemies are scumbags .Do we really think ,this will even remotely change them .Watch this be shot down tomorrow I or the next 

11 minutes ago, LV said:

The young fan who Shay Logan identified online in breach of the same law which protects the young celtic fan wonder if the police will bother with that.

It’s almost convenient 

These fuckers are absolutely in cahoots with these bastards in the East end from the top .Convinced of it 

2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

RM- "where's the fuckin statement? this board are a disgrace!"

Rangers- release statement.

RM- "statements pish tbh, we want another statement"

That is true BM .That has nothing in it for me .Nothing we didn’t know already 

It’s almost apologetic .“Come on we will be the bigger man “ It will be laughed off as fucking usual 

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

'Rangers have been appalled by the recent media coverage of allegations of racism directed towards Alfredo Morelos and have taken the decision to revoke any access from Michael Stewart, Davie Provan, Bill Leckie individually and any News UK group outlets until such time as a formal, public apology is made to Mr Morelos and the columns retracted. 

'There is no place in Scottish football for any racist behaviour and the treatment of Alfredo - and subsequent disregard of his complaints - do nothing but exasperate an already disgusting set of circumstances. 

'The club will also be raising a formal complaint with IPSO on this matter as it is a serious breach of the Editor's Code. 

'Rangers will not tolerate any abuse of its players and staff and will strive to take the strongest possible action against those responsible, as well as those who seek to vilify  through the media.'

🤣 bet you had that copy and pasted

your quite correct, although  the shear mention of any they three by Rangers in a statement would have all them creaming their pants, with the likes of Tom English and co scoffing in the background.

1 minute ago, scottyc06 said:

Been here a few times over the last few years such as the junkies at Hampden where we hit out with a phenomenal statement but actually do fuck all.... 

Action will always speak louder than words! Fucking do something Rangers! 

Action 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Statement 112 

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Agree mate .I think a few more bears will be choking on their enthusiasm in next few days .It is not good enough ,just to say it’s a start . Our enemies are scumbags .Do we really think ,this will even remotely change them .Watch this be shot down tomorrow I or the next 

That’s my worry, too, mate.

They’re bound to find some way of chucking it back in our faces, with interest.

In a normal world, though, it does cover a few bases, which should have a number of folk hanging their heads in shame.

The problem is they’re so much better than us at this sort of stuff.

Let’s see what they retaliate with.....

Just now, Blue Nosed Babe said:

We have to be very careful what we put out as these bastards are vindictive enough to raise court actions. That is why they are not named. 

All statements put out by the club get looked over by lawyers to ensure this does not happen. 

Surely folks get that.

Why can’t you name them and quote what they said/wrote?

it’s there in black and white.

11 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I was so delighted to see a statement out and at first read it seemed good, but then as others pointed out it is high on rhetoric but low on action.

I also cannot believe we are accepting the 12 year old as the only person charged. 

1 minute ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

We have to be very careful what we put out as these bastards are vindictive enough to raise court actions. That is why they are not named. 

All statements put out by the club get looked over by lawyers to ensure this does not happen. 

Surely folks get that.

I just came on to write the very same thing. Good minds think alike 😉

14 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Do you class a statement as action? 

There might be more to come in the way of media bans or further statements etc.

Highlighting the racist abuse that Morelos received, in an official statement, that would've otherwise been buried under celtic propaganda, is taking action imo.

2 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Surely folks get that.

We have more grounds of suing them for defamation than they have of us is this instance.

surely you get that? 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Why can’t you name them and quote what they said/wrote?

it’s there in black and white.

And give them the attention they crave? I would prefer the club dealing with them behind the scenes. 

Why announce what we are going to do, we just go ahead and do it when they do not see it coming. 

Archived