Wilder vs Fury II

Essandoh

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Just saw that. :lol: 

Must have made his ears bleed, and every other part of his face.

Not sure what's worse suggesting that made him lose, or actually wearing it.

Guys an utter dildo always has been always will be, the rematch will be the exact same outcome as the second fight, if he wants to win he needs to change and become a better boxer, and that simply ain’t going to happen 

15 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

There was something that clearly affected him, even in the ring before the fight he looked uncomfortable, numerous people commented on it at the time.

However, to claim Fury didn't hurt him when it was a shot that damaged his ear is madness.

I think his camp thought Furys talk about switching styles was a bluff and they just prepared for Fury fighting from the back foot and when Fury ran him down soon as the first bell it threw him off completely.

On 23/02/2020 at 11:50, Creampuff said:

Happens after every big fight. People look back and remember the winner as though they dominated every second. 

Opening two rounds were pretty close. BT’s commentary team made it sound much better for Fury than it was. 

Cannot agree with that.    IIRC BT had Wilder winning the 2nd round.  None of the other rounds were "close."

There was always going to be a third fight after Wilder lost.

This also rules out AJ for June now as well. As he had to defend his IBF belt or give it away. I genuinely fear that the huge unification fight we want will probably NEVER happen.

Kubrat Pulev says he has signed a deal to fight British world champion Anthony Joshua at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Saturday 20 June.

Bulgarian Pulev is the mandatory IBF challenger to take on Joshua, who holds the WBA, IBF and WBO titles.

Joshua won back the belts with a unanimous points victory over Andy Ruiz Jr. in December.

"I am happy to have the opportunity to show the world how strong I really am," said Pulev.

It will be Joshua's first fight in the UK since beating Alexander Povetkin at Wembley in September 2018.

22 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

There was always going to be a third fight after Wilder lost.

This also rules out AJ for June now as well. As he had to defend his IBF belt or give it away. I genuinely fear that the huge unification fight we want will probably NEVER happen.

Kubrat Pulev says he has signed a deal to fight British world champion Anthony Joshua at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Saturday 20 June.

Bulgarian Pulev is the mandatory IBF challenger to take on Joshua, who holds the WBA, IBF and WBO titles.

Joshua won back the belts with a unanimous points victory over Andy Ruiz Jr. in December.

"I am happy to have the opportunity to show the world how strong I really am," said Pulev.

It will be Joshua's first fight in the UK since beating Alexander Povetkin at Wembley in September 2018.

Think the Fury AJ fight will happen the end of the year or the start of next year if both get through their fights without any major damage, which is highly likely. Theres too much public pressure for each fighter if they both duck out of it.

Wilder and his camp are surely smart enough to think this next fight is basically a retirement fight. Hes been found out big time in his first proper test and at his age that's you done regardless of his knockout power.

Fury says hes got 3 more fights in him so you would think he would want them to be Wilder and AJ twice. The only thing that would put a spanner in the works is if AJ lost or if Whyte keeps on pushing the WBC. If I were Whyte though I'd hold off and fight AJ after the Fury fights. That's where the huge money will be for him.

I'm disappointed in Wilder tbh. Guy dominated for ages and gave people what they really watch boxing to see: knockouts. He goes into a fight with a guy who outclasses him, I even thought Tyson was too much for him going into the fight, takes a banger of a right hand to the ear and shows proper heart to keep going. 

And then makes stupid excuses about his ring entrance. Just say you got hit with a belter of a punch and never recovered but you're a warrior and didn't quit.

Wilder could beat Fury the same way Wilder beats everyone else that outboxes him: by landing. 

He’s always gonna have a puncher’s chance because he’s got cinder blocks for hands. Wilder is taking the fight because it’s his best option by a country mile. His reputation won’t be hurt much by another loss but a win would give him the titles back and yet another big money fight. 

Fury-Joshua is unavoidable unless one of them clearly ducks the fight. Neither of them have many better options as a titleless Wilder is a terrible risk-reward for AJ.

Archived