Wilder vs Fury II

Essandoh

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's interesting that they are both coming in heavier for this fight. 

Fury was definitely under is normal fight weight in their last fight and I think Fury's best performances have been when we weighed 165. I think the extra weight is so he'll have a bit more pop on his punches. I don't think he'll stand and trade. He needs enough power so Wilder will respect him otherwise Wilder might risk trying and walk him down. 

Wilder has stacked on the weight too, he definitely doesn't want Fury getting back up this time. 

9 hours ago, ben51 said:

Sadly for boxings sake, I don't think Fury can go 24 rounds without getting hit by a shot which he can't get up from against Wilder.

Watched a video which said the whole fight is like the jaws soundtrack, with it just being a build up to Fury getting hit by Wilder. 

I do think Joshua has a better chance of beating Wilder because he can't actually punch, but Fury is too light with his fists.

Joshua can punch, but his defence is poor and he can't take a punch, making him an easy target for Wilders bombs and that's why the fight hasn't happened imo.

Wilder beats Joshua in the first half of the fight imo.

10 hours ago, ben51 said:

Sadly for boxings sake, I don't think Fury can go 24 rounds without getting hit by a shot which he can't get up from against Wilder.

Watched a video which said the whole fight is like the jaws soundtrack, with it just being a build up to Fury getting hit by Wilder. 

I do think Joshua has a better chance of beating Wilder because he can't actually punch, but Fury is too light with his fists.

Joshua is tailor made for Wilder.

The biggest criticism of Joshua has always been he can be predictable, has poor head movement and isn't hard to hit - any one of those 3 weakness are bad news against a guy like Wilder, and I think he'd work out and time Joshua within 6 rounds. But.... it is HW boxing and Joshua has the tools to KO Wilder, but I give that 70-30 in Wilders favour.

I rate Joshua and he looked great in his last fight against Ruiz, but he is a dwarf by HW standards - and was badly conditioned, even by Andy Ruiz's own lacklustre standard. Fighting like that is one thing against a 5'11 guy, another against a 6'6 guy.

Wilder will come unstuck eventually, he isn't good enough not to - I just can't see Joshua being the man to do it. Although I could see Joshua beating Fury, thats a 50-50.

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

AJ gets ko'd v wilder. I do rate aj but fury and Wilder are a level above imo.

If fury does his usually tonight he wins a points decision. I think he'll stand and fight tho and that's only ending one way.

With Fury you never know.

Fighting negative is the completely logical approach from him.

If it goes 12 you'll see a boring fight, but fascinating and tense for the duration. Wilder is like a venomous snake in there, it only needs one bite.

8 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

AJ gets ko'd v wilder. I do rate aj but fury and Wilder are a level above imo.

If fury does his usually tonight he wins a points decision. I think he'll stand and fight tho and that's only ending one way.

Agreed Wilder KO’s AJ but I think Fury is actually a fight that suits AJ. Joshua is easy to hit and is vulnerable against the bigger punchers but while Fury is technically brilliant he doesn’t have that power, Joshua can get in there, trade blows and go on the attack a bit more and if Wilder can floor Fury With the punch he landed in the 7th (?) last fight that wasn’t a clean punch, Wallin can open Fury up and cause him problems and Steve Cunningham can put him in the deck AJ is more than capable of doing enough damage to stop him if he’s at his best imo.

Ive always said due to the such different styles/strengths of the top three I can see a triangle where Fury beats Wilder, Wilder beats AJ and AJ beats Fury. 

On 21/02/2020 at 16:23, Orangeclement said:

Two fighters with nobodies padding their records only decent fight fury has had was klitschko and Wilders biggest fight was against an unfit Fury .

All 3 of the top heavyweights are all garbage watch them all avoid Usyk ....

Usyk’s not big enough mate but probably the most skilful 

AJ-Wilder would be over in 4 rounds. 

Joshua boxes in straight lines and doesn’t move his head particularly well. No chance he can go a full fight without taking a big shot from Wilder. 

If AJ tried to be positive then it would probably be the first one to drop their guard at the wrong time.

21 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

If AJ tried to be positive then it would probably be the first one to drop their guard at the wrong time.

Think that’s how it would probably go, would be over within 5 rounds with Wilder win the most likely. One things for sure it would be one hell of a fight!

On 19/02/2020 at 11:38, Tiger Shaw said:

Fury saying that him winning won’t bring a unification bout any closer.

Disappointing as fuck, you would think that would be the priority for whoever holds the belts but these cunts are all just pretenders.

Wilders even worse “nobody’s gave me the chance of a unification fight”  fuck up ya gob shite.  

I am sure AJ wanted it the first time he held the other 3 belts.

Archived