Gerrard on the brink

Mor3los_1

2 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

If he walks he will have totally fucked his managerial career.   He won’t walk.

I think he might. He would still walk into a championship club.

If he’s the man the oversees 10iar for the mhanks he cannot comeback from that.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Gerrard had had near enough 2 seasons to figure it out and yet hasn't got it. Hes not the guy who can figure this out for us domestically when players only turn up for the big euro nights or old firm matches.

I respect your opinion.

Mine though differs in that I can see how outside influence has effected our game. There was a thread on here about how the standard of ref decisions and it was clear to see the refs officiating over the season cost our club in points or in players missing important games due to cards.

I don't think it's fair to say Gerrard should go now as the club need to do more to get the manager parity for his players in this league. I'm hoping given a level playing field SG would be as successful as he has been in Europe.

I honestly think we need ....

Two teams one for European and one for domestic football.

The board need to back the manager up on the standard of officiating  in league games

That we need a league team who is good enough both physically and mentally to battle it out 

Just now, Hutton2008 said:

I think he might. He would still walk into a championship club.

If he’s the man the oversees 10iar for the mhanks he cannot comeback from that.

He won’t see it that way.  10iar would be a product of everything that has happened since 2011,  not the seasons of his tenure.  If we really want to stop 10iar we need to dump Europe, focus entirely on the league and spend a shitload of cash in the summer. 

14 minutes ago, tom1780 said:

If he does quit 

who comes in 

Serious options for us are....... 

Murty? 

I know of no cunt who’s out there 

I don’t even want long term options short term is only option they cunts can have 9 but fuck 10 

I seriously think he would go for Mark Hughes if Gerrard was to walk. I wouldn’t if it was up to me but it’s an obvious move:

Worked with him at Southampton, he’s experienced within British Football but won’t get another Premier League or top Championship job, no compensation required, had a team of hard bastards at Blackburn and a more expansive team at Stoke  and I think Wilson would potentially see him as somebody who could blend both of those styles here.

I don’t think Gerrard will walk, but if he does I bet he will be a front runner straight away.

I’ll be really gutted if he goes I reckon he still needs another season he’s built a good base squad wise and it’s maybe missing a few key ingredients I really don’t see us improving under anyone else that’s the sad thing realistically do we have a board capable of securing a good replacement ? I can’t see it I have zero confidence! 

10 minutes ago, GaryStevens02 said:

A lot of people are hurting, rightly so, as Ally would say, but a sense of perspective is required. I first went to Ibrox  when John Greig was the manager and those days weren’t exactly glorious. Then Jock Wallace returned and you could still turn up on a Saturday, pay in at the Half empty Copeland Rd and get gubbed by Aberdeen or Dundee Utd.

Souness was a game changer , but Souness had many advantages over a modern Rangers manager. Income was about fans, not TV, there was no Sky money in those days. English clubs banned from Europe, and we sign Butcher, Woods, Roberts, Stevens and Steven and er.......Colin West ....

Then Walter Smith , Gascoigne , Laudrup, Thern, Hateley, McCoist,  MIKHAILICHENKO,etc etc, never made the CL last 16 once, often failed to qualify at all. Domestic success yes , but that was no longer good enough.

Advocaat , 5million players became the norm, not all successful, Christian Nerlinger , Bert Konterman anyone?

No one disputes the current team isn’t good enough, but we’re shopping at Poundland these days compared to what went before.  I’m sure if SG could sign  half the England team we wouldn’t be losing to teams like Hearts but he’s not doing that anytime soon. The frustration is that on their day this team have shown they can perform but the mentality just isn’t there to keep doing it in the middle of winter, on a shite surface in the pissing rain. 

With all due respect mate that's gone....its in the past.

The fans are starving for a bit of success now......these cunts are on the brink of doing 10. What's gone before means fuck all to me at the minute.

Just now, andyhrfc said:

He won’t see it that way.  10iar would be a product of everything that has happened since 2011,  not the seasons of his tenure.  If we really want to stop 10iar we need to dump Europe, focus entirely on the league and spend a shitload of cash in the summer. 

How he may see and how mostly everyone else will see may be entirely different.

But a manager has spent in excess of £20m including loan fees, 30 odd players and hasn’t lifted a trophy in Scotland will have a heavily tarnished reputation.

There is no coming back from losing next seasons title if he stays and can’t turn things around. 

Doesnt matter how he sees it. It’s how everyone else sees it and I would certainly see it

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I seriously think he would go for Mark Hughes if Gerrard was to walk.

Worked with him at Southampton, experienced within British Football but won’t get another Premier League or top Championship job, no compensation required, had a team of hard bastards at Blackburn and a more expansive team at Stoke  and I think Wilson would potentially see him as somebody who could blend both of those styles here.

I don’t think Gerrard will walk, but if he does I bet he will be a front runner straight away.

I'm good friends with a player who played under Hughes. The guy's man management is awful and he's lost pretty much every dressing room he's been at. An absolute cunt of a man and the last thing we'd need. 

12 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Yet he's another warburton up here

What concerns me is how he can engineer the results he has in Europe yet repeatedly fail to beat the utter shite that we face week in week out.  

Equally how can they put in such a shite performance as they did on Thursday yet walk all over the shite teams.  

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I seriously think he would go for Mark Hughes if Gerrard was to walk. I wouldn’t if it was up to me but it’s an obvious move:

Worked with him at Southampton, he’s experienced within British Football but won’t get another Premier League or top Championship job, no compensation required, had a team of hard bastards at Blackburn and a more expansive team at Stoke  and I think Wilson would potentially see him as somebody who could blend both of those styles here.

Fucking grim.

16 minutes ago, GaryStevens02 said:

A lot of people are hurting, rightly so, as Ally would say, but a sense of perspective is required. I first went to Ibrox  when John Greig was the manager and those days weren’t exactly glorious. Then Jock Wallace returned and you could still turn up on a Saturday, pay in at the Half empty Copeland Rd and get gubbed by Aberdeen or Dundee Utd.

Souness was a game changer , but Souness had many advantages over a modern Rangers manager. Income was about fans, not TV, there was no Sky money in those days. English clubs banned from Europe, and we sign Butcher, Woods, Roberts, Stevens and Steven and er.......Colin West ....

Then Walter Smith , Gascoigne , Laudrup, Thern, Hateley, McCoist,  MIKHAILICHENKO,etc etc, never made the CL last 16 once, often failed to qualify at all. Domestic success yes , but that was no longer good enough.

Advocaat , 5million players became the norm, not all successful, Christian Nerlinger , Bert Konterman anyone?

No one disputes the current team isn’t good enough, but we’re shopping at Poundland these days compared to what went before.  I’m sure if SG could sign  half the England team we wouldn’t be losing to teams like Hearts but he’s not doing that anytime soon. The frustration is that on their day this team have shown they can perform but the mentality just isn’t there to keep doing it in the middle of winter, on a shite surface in the pissing rain. 

If we are shopping in Poundland then where the fuck is the tarriers shopping?

Edouard aside their business has been woeful

Despite the formation or players playing in not the normal positions I feel like the least SG can expect is want and willingness. That has not been evident, Europa league aside, sickening really. I have hammered SG all the way back to the Ibrox OF when I think he has fucked up but when the players don't seem to give a fuck like today I feel more sorry for SG. If he goes those players need to take a large portion of the blame.  I don't think he will go but if he did what next for this squad and who to manage them? One thing for sure Tavernier should never have been made captain. 

9 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Don't. ....I'm already suicidal as it is.

3 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

But a manager has spent in excess of £20m including loan fees, 30 odd players and hasn’t lifted a trophy in Scotland will have a heavily tarnished reputation.

There is no coming back from losing next seasons title if he stays and can’t turn things around. 

Doesnt matter how he sees it. It’s how everyone else sees it and I would certainly see it

The manager could spend twice that and not win. We need to see a level playing field next season has the ref has the power to influence the game as was seen in the Offside Final. 

1 minute ago, badjon said:

Despite the formation or players playing in not the normal positions I feel like the least SG can expect is want and willingness. That has not been evident, Europa league aside, sickening really. I have hammered SG all the way back to the Ibrox OF when I think he has fucked up but when the players don't seem to give a fuck like today I feel more sorry for SG. If he goes those players need to take a large portion of the blame.  I don't think he will go but if he did what next for this squad and who to manage them? One thing for sure Tavernier should never have been made captain. 

The players care....they just aren't good enough.

7 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

If that view holds true then sack him,  spend whatever it takes to stop 10iar  and take a gamble.  If it fails we are back to 2011, and looking at whatever number we care to think of iar.

9 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

What concerns me is how he can engineer the results he has in Europe yet repeatedly fail to beat the utter shite that we face week in week out.  

Equally how can they put in such a shite performance as they did on Thursday yet walk all over the shite teams.  

What he does in europe is what teams do to us in scotland, how none of his team can see that is beyond me

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Just what I think will happen, not what I would want to happen.

There’s nobody obvious out there and I still don’t think we will take a chance on another foreign coach yet either.

How the fuck have we ended up in this position after that result at the piggery??

Never seen anything quite like this.

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

The manager could spend twice that and not win. We need to see a level playing field next season has the ref has the power to influence the game as was seen in the Offside Final. 

Stick that garbage in the fucking bin.

Every side suffers from the absolute gutter quality officiating in our league. Had the ref done a better job today hearts could have had at least one penalty. So could we. 

Just absolute shite officials. 

If the tarrier got that goal disallowed in the final it would have been 0-0. We still wouldn’t have put the ball in the back of the net. 

The manager isn’t  winning football matches. The poor officiating doesn’t help granted but it is that is letting ourselves down.

1 minute ago, dee9 said:

How the fuck have we ended up in this position after that result at the piggery??

Never seen anything quite like this.

Totally. It’s like when you’ve been going out with a lass that you really like, everything’s going fucking great, and then, inexplicably, it all falls apart.

Archived