Who Goes/ Who Stays

10 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

Unfortunately I dont think they are winners, we flashes from time to time add up to nothing.

That’s it in a nutshell - too many where an odd goal or assist here or there gives them a free pass.

We need solid pros who will give you a solid 90 minutes, week in, week out.

Drive & determination counts for more than it ought to in our league, but that’s where we spend most of our time, so let’s be ready for it.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if we want to win 55 next year then the majority of our regular 11 this year will need to become the squad players. We need massive upgrades across the whole team with the exception of a few.

McGregor, Barasic, Jack, Kent, Aribo, Arfield and Hagi (if he continues to show his quality) will be staying. Partly because of potential for some and that we won't get better on our budget.

I honestly don't know what to do with the 4 centre backs as sometimes they look class and then suddenly they look pish. It will be hard getting better in on our budget though. Tav will likely stay but if we get a decent offer then I'd let him go but again it's hard to think who will replace him.

All of our wingers need let go with the exception of Kent but he needs to up his game asap.

Davis and Kamara can go. Only reason I said we'll keep Arfield is because nobody will likely sign him and he puts in a decent shift as a squad player and is certainly not our biggest concern in midfield.

The forward line is the biggest issue. Morelos will be going no matter what. Defoe has been given a new deal when in hindsight he probably shouldn't have just because of his age. Kamberi probably won't be kept and the less said about Stewart the better.

Football however can change very quickly and with the right recruitment (which is why Wilson is here) then our fortunes could change. A big job ahead but we need to go for it and be ruthless with this current squad. No time for loyalty to these failures.

There's fuck all wrong with our GK or our back four for the most part. It's not an area we've seriously struggled with this season at all.

The idea that we should punt half or more of them and then replace them using up a good chunk of a very limited budget is mental to me.

We've got major problems middle to front and and people want the club to put itself in a position where half or more of the the summer the budget is spent on replacing players that we don't have to sell.

23 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Footballers in both of them, while they’ve been shite recently the upside is there that makes them worth keeping 

Kents been here nearly two seasons and has proven that he hasn’t got what it takes.

Aribo is a gutless shitebag.

The first thing that should be done tomorrow is to sit them all down and ask THEM why they've went from playing like they did on 29th December to the dross of 2020. A full and frank discussion from all required. Unless the management team already know the answers.

For everyone saying Barisic staying for next season, I don't think he wants to stay.  He's clearly had his head turned by all the teams scouting him right now and I doubt a player of his quality will put up with the embarrassingly poor standard of football that is played in this country.  Rangers players being constantly hacked with no protection from refs, easy to understand why he would prefer to go to a better league.

Who knows if Hagi impresses he might prefer not to play in this league either and go somewhere where technical players are rewarded and not assaulted on the pitch by opposition players.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Kents been here nearly two seasons and has proven that he hasn’t got what it takes.

Aribo is a gutless shitebag.

He's been consistently good in every scum game scaring the fuck right out of them and scored an unbelievably good goal on Wednesday that helped us make however many more million in Europe.

The boy's a star at our level, but granted work needs to be done in getting him to be able to do it consistently week in week out and improve his numbers.

1 minute ago, shaka said:

For everyone saying Barisic staying for next season, I don't think he wants to stay.  He's clearly had his head turned by all the teams scouting him right now and I doubt a player of his quality will put up with the embarrassingly poor standard of football that is played in this country.  Rangers players being constantly hacked with no protection from refs, easy to understand why he would prefer to go to a better league.

Who knows if Hagi impresses he might prefer not to play in this league either and go somewhere where technical players are rewarded and not assaulted on the pitch by opposition players.

Go watch his press conference interview from a couple of days ago and tell me that's a player who's had his head turned. What absolute shite.

There's no point making lists of who should go.  Halliday and Flanagan are out of contract so they'll certainly go.  Ojo and Kamberi can go back to their clubs.  Davis and Defoe just signed new contract and have now value due to their age so they'll be here next season.  Selling Morelos will be dependant on receiving an acceptable bid and up until now almost no one has bid for him.  Barisic and Tavernier are the two best full-backs in the country if we lost both of them who the fuck do we replace them with?  celtic brought in 6 full-back last summer and all of them are shite.   No one will buy guys like Barker, Stewart, Jones, Polster, and they would need to be loaned out.  

Who goes will be dependant on interest from other clubs.  I hope we can add 3-4 players of quality.  The season ticket money can be used to buy Hagi but where does the rest of the money come from to further strengthen the side?  

In my opinion you could be total revamp:

Keep: Mcgregor, Goldson, Barisic, Edmundson, Jack, Aribo, Kamara, Kent, Hagi, Defoe, McCrorrie x 2 

Sell or move on: Tav, Flanagan, Halliday, Polster, Arfield, Davis, Morelos, Stewart, Barker, Ojo, Wes, Firth, Alnwick, Holt, Rossiter, Middleton

Look at again in pre season before deciding: Katic, Helander, Docherty, Hastie, Murphy, Jones 

Possible: Kamberi on a perm deal if shows well til summer

Promote some youth: Patterson etc 

Ryan Jack new captain. 

1 minute ago, shaka said:

Works both ways, the reason why Barisic and Hagi stand out in our league is because they are capable technical players. The one selling point I’d say the Scottish league has is that for a player with ability it’s very easy to look like a superstar and get a good move which would be a reason for Hagi to stay if he doesn’t get a better offer 

3 minutes ago, shaka said:

What's the point of signing anyone if that's your attitude?  They'll just get hacked and want to leave so there's no point.

45 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Ones who I wouldn’t keep:

Tavernier

Goldson

Davis

Kamara

Ojo

Morelos

Flanagan 

Halliday 

Barker

I agree with the above but I would keep Morelos. 👍🏻

22 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Polster is like Stewart on here, less he plays the better he becomes. He's shit and Aberdeen level ffs.

Worst thing about Polster is he can't be loaned out down South and he's refusing to be loaned back to the USA.  Unless he's constantly loaned out to a team in Scotland we're stuck with him until his contract runs out (which looks likely).

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He's been consistently good in every scum game scaring the fuck right out of them and scored an unbelievably good goal on Wednesday that helped us make however many more million in Europe.

The boy's a star at our level, but granted work needs to be done in getting him to be able to do it consistently week in week out and improve his numbers.

A star at our level..

:lol:

Not a single assist in league in a year

19 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Not the whole team.

CBs were fine, Aribo, Kamara and a lesser extent Defoe had pass marks. The other 5 outfield starters were weak and should not be here in the summer.

Meant the performance mate. The wind was fucking howling. Still think Polster should be given more game time to fully assess. The rest on your list can get tae fuck. 

15 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Go watch his press conference interview from a couple of days ago and tell me that's a player who's had his head turned. What absolute shite.

Why would he want to stay?  The quality of football in this country is horrible.  It's horrible to watch.  I can't imagine how depressing it must be to play in.  All opposition teams do is kick the ball long, foul and dive.  We get no protection from refs and aren't even allowed to defend ourselves without getting bookings or retrospective punishment.

Sorry if this all sounds negative but I'm genuinely just fed up with the way we are being treated and want to watch good football not just a battle every game!

19 minutes ago, TMB said:

What's the point of signing anyone if that's your attitude?  They'll just get hacked and want to leave so there's no point.

Wish we could just leave Scottish football behind and play in a better league!

48 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Realistically we only need a few additions. Our biggest issue at the moment is too many players (Kent, Aribo, and Hagi specifically) who are obviously good enough but who don’t fit our system.

Good point. A system is fine, we need it, but we need to play systems flexible to reflect the players on the park. I could see us, fir instance, getting joy with a kamberi and defoe partnership. Some decisions will depend on how our own loanees e.g docherty develop. Whatever his shortcomings, he's a fighter.

Archived